Personal lore/ways to play

+
Today I rediscovered Tinker Bell. Posted about it here.

It is wildly amusing to me that Adam Smasher gets killed by a cattle prod. And it's funny, no chemistry with katanas, mantis blades, monowires or knives, but I'm in love with tinker bell. Its shape, name, function, and description make it the perfect weapon against all the villainery in NC per by book. Tinker bell... makes me want to use it.

I would export tinker bell into other games if I could.

Last edited:
So, the police is getting a makeover in 1.7?

Will they finally remember for a longer time to pursue me? Goody goody good! That will allow me to create a new game genre. How invincible CDPR makes those officers will determine if it will be a joke fight like it's now, hours-long showdowns, or a survival horror game mode.

Either way, lots of fun up ahead. It will be interesting if the police will actually attempt to pursue my 400+ km/h Cali with their vanilla speeds in CP2077. That should be fun... unless the game starts crashing whenever I break vanilla speeds. Lolz, that is about the worst that can happen, the game checking out every time player starts winning.

Last edited:
To make the game a bit more realistic, I adjust my playstyle and purchases, based on the lifepath I am doing. So if it's NOMAD, my playstyle and decision making is a lot more resourceful. As a NOMAD, female V would not have extensive amounts to cash to burn. Her expenditures would be based on the completion of gigs and how well she did. After a tough mission, I generally go back to the megabuilding apartment and sleep. After waking up and showering, I do the few more side gigs, followed by a main mission.

During this playthrough, I generally don't have a lot of weapons and seem to make do with that I have.

I stumbled upon this song, titled 'Memory Reset'. It sparked some imagination.

What pops first in mind? To be reset and wiped? Never!!

But we know V comes close to this if they take the Stefan's bait, and wind up in Scav's den. So... as a refined corpo char, I never took this quest as part of my official gameplay (as per game vars), but of course I made off the records detour to see where it leads.

So, this song exactly goes with the scene of V getting up, entering the nettrunner mode, casting contagion, then entering an extended sandevistan, and snapping a neck or two before grabbing the gear and getting ready to nuke the Scavs out of their miserable existence. God, my V never walks in (or out) quietly. Usually, everyone is dead before they can react anyway.

That experience was a blast. I only wish there was a dialogue option to interrogate and break Stefan, and get his help to infiltrate the Scav den while conscious. That would work for me, but that ruse with the shit-stinky story and that lousy BD offer won't pass, so no quest for me. I can still dream of the option to seat the guy and squeeze his story and cooperation out of him. Not much else needs changing in the quest.

My V is retired just trying to live the good life

Got some properties, a garage full of toys and finally a millionaire. So unless something catastrophic happens it's just relaxing and taking in the town and what are the chances of that actually happening

Once Phantom Liberty comes out, I will probably be doing my CORPO-playthrough again. My CORPO-V is a bit more on the sassy side in doing what she needs to do to defend herself. Time is never to be taken for granted, even though there is a lot of fun in Night City. She is optimistic that she can save herself; which eventually leads to her entering DOGTOWN. Being a former CORPO, she has knowledge of the events that lead to Pacifica's current state, and that it is no place for a CORPO. But in hopes of saving her life, she is willing to do what it takes.

As we know, V would get this call shortly after completion of the Voodoo Boys mission. However, she is rather smart and doesn't rush directly in there. After completion of the
Peralez side mission, she would have obtained a hefty some of cash after working for them. Shortly after she heads back to her CORPO PLAZA-APARTMENT to do some further research on the current state of DOGTOWN after a few conversations with Mr. Hands. It is after that, she throws on her COMPOSITE ARASAKA NETRUNNING NANOWEAVE SUIT and sets out for DOGTOWN.

Name: Valerie
Alias: V
Ht. 5'9
Wgt: 145 lbs
Occupation: Former Arasaka employee, Netrunner, Hired Mercenary

Notable Jobs: Contracted Mercenary for the
Voodoo Boys

Objective: Clearing Grand Imperial Mall of NetWatch and hired henchmen.
SUCCESSFUL

photomode_12092023_210803.png

Last edited:
This is a short episode on how my V does things.
I won't add 'Sweet Dreams' to my game saves lineage, but this is how I would have played it if I had to.

It's a good thing that in her fourth gameplay, she actually buried Jackie (thanks to the bird giving off where to send him to), and could fully focus on becoming the most dangerous citizen of NC. Adam Smasher is no more, long live V.

I like to play with a certain "head canon". It oddly enough makes the game more satisfying somehow rather than focusing solely on what "the screen shows" or story gives.

I play an ex-Corpo "pro system" V that does mind the whole main plot (rather than detaching mentally from it) but takes time. I always add a little roleplaying and currently my V is on a sort of semi-nihilistic action/experience trip to get stronger: Get better gear, establish fame, get experience in combat or stealth/hacking.

While trying to get back in Arasaka's good graces I'm currently playing a rather NCPD-focused V that heavily emphasizes the "subcontractor" part, so I rock partly this gear (see picture) while fighting crime. A bit like a 'modern superhero' but more grounded in reality, more as solo/merc rather than classic superhero.

I used some mods that would let me call certain NCPD vehicles like I'd own them.
You could just say I'm using a NCPD-themed V basically. I don't go for actual police work "LARP" but more so consider to be a solo for dirty or specialized work while being allowed to use some NCPD gear. Later might switch to a corpo-themed V again.

Some might find this notion funny but ultimately if I look out there, many people indirectly or directly immerse themselves in the world and I think it's really great. The world is made for it. The archetypes (NOMAD, STREET KID, CORPO) already give you something to play with, the rest is largely up to your imagination.

Basically, whatever you like and floats your boat, go for it in Night City (and surrounding areas)!

photomode_24092023_193113.png

I like to play with a certain "head canon". It oddly enough makes the game more satisfying somehow rather than focusing solely on what "the screen shows" or story gives.

I play an ex-Corpo "pro system" V that does mind the whole main plot (rather than detaching mentally from it) but takes time. I always add a little roleplaying and currently my V is on a sort of semi-nihilistic action/experience trip to get stronger: Get better gear, establish fame, get experience in combat or stealth/hacking.

While trying to get back in Arasaka's good graces I'm currently playing a rather NCPD-focused V that heavily emphasizes the "subcontractor" part, so I rock partly this gear (see picture) while fighting crime. A bit like a 'modern superhero' but more grounded in reality, more as solo/merc rather than classic superhero.

I used some mods that would let me call certain NCPD vehicles like I'd own them.
You could just say I'm using a NCPD-themed V basically. I don't go for actual police work "LARP" but more so consider to be a solo for dirty or specialized work while being allowed to use some NCPD gear. Later might switch to a corpo-themed V again.

Some might find this notion funny but ultimately if I look out there, many people indirectly or directly immerse themselves in the world and I think it's really great. The world is made for it. The archetypes (NOMAD, STREET KID, CORPO) already give you something to play with, the rest is largely up to your imagination.

Basically, whatever you like and floats your boat, go for it in Night City (and surrounding areas)!

View attachment 11363260
That's definitely how I play, you put it very well. Always have an immediate arc for some head-cannon tying in the main and side stories.
The results are really different VS for me - one had that time of his life where he was constantly getting chased by Arasaka (I just went to Arasaka locations on the map and triggered the guards, on my head cannon they chased me or identified me,...); another V was always broke until he wasn't and just lost his shit with buying cars and fancy clothes,...

That's definitely how I play, you put it very well. Always have an immediate arc for some head-cannon tying in the main and side stories.
The results are really different VS for me - one had that time of his life where he was constantly getting chased by Arasaka (I just went to Arasaka locations on the map and triggered the guards, on my head cannon they chased me or identified me,...); another V was always broke until he wasn't and just lost his shit with buying cars and fancy clothes,...

Interesting point you make with the last V you mentioned. I factor this in too a bit; my V having been a corpo (or trying to get on Arasaka payroll again in the big plot, or then maybe NUSA with PL DLC) plays into some habits like driving stylish or more expensive than cheaper cars (unless I rock the NCPD theme fully I guess) and living in a luxurious corpo apartment rather than a less prestigious place or a dump. Altho the H10 apartment has a humble place in my heart.

As I like to reiterate, all that sort of head canon is free and makes for a nicer experience in the world. The launch was sorta bumpy and not as perfect, but I think they really turned it around. Plus if you can use some mods, you can spice up your experience even more. As such I'm thankful for not just retrexture and mesh based but also script based mods. They for example really allow me to pursue some styles even further so I can enjoy Night City even more.

With NUSA agents being on standby, waiting for my call to start with extraction of the relic, I was sitting across from Johnny on that chair.

For the first time, I've seen actual fear on his face. He wasn't hiding it. He felt what was coming, and he didn't like it.

After just sitting there for a while, like, a really long time,

I concluded that ending sucked. Arasaka would be on the loose, Adam could still live (nopes, I haven't forgiven that comment at Evelyn; it's not about Evelyn, it's about respect toward women; I said that moment that I would get Adam, not backing now), I wouldn't be the legendariest-est-est merc of NC, and the Crystal Palace would still be standing in the skies. Like, nopes, not the ending for me.

I pulled Johnny's hand from there accordingly, and we went to meet Hanako, after which I raided the Arasaka Tower, and also got to raid the Crystal Palace again as a deity of NC! A way to go!

Last night I was larping V in my dreams, and there V got to meet her father. Whatever that means in my context. He's owner of a restaurant, and also drives a Caliburn. Color pale moss green. It was wild, sobbing and tears, what a reunion. I could tell the whole detective story at some later point.

I see V as a corporate girl from Arasaka, fully trained in special camps with combat stimulants, an officer in the corporation's internal security system, brave, tough and determined. She has achieved everything through hard work, accustomed to discipline and relying only on herself after being abandoned by her parents. V is a Night City patriot, a corporate girl in love with her native Westbrook, Charter Hill, its neon aura, its electronic sakura trees, its old Japanese market. In another scenario, she would have become Arasaka's head of security in all of Night City, but life had been unfair to her. She fell victim to the scheming of incompetent mid-level corporate executives who made her look bad in front of management to cover up their own failures. A strong, lonely but determined and wholesome person. Left alone after her parents gone, she did not seek solace in dubious relationships and unreliable friends, she did not give up and did not break down, and even in spite of herself forced to commit a crime against the property of the family because of duties to a friend Jackie and obeying the will of the evil sorceress Misty, betrayed by the possible agent of the FIA T-Bag, she is internally aware of her duty to her family, realizing that one can't transfer his personal grievances to the organization and remain loyal to Arasaka.
Arasaka is a family. But what is a family? - It is protection, it is an opportunity to devote oneself to something more than the pursuit of narrow selfish interests, it is a unifying idea of the integrity of the individual, the combination of personal and collective in a person. Family is harmony.
Loyalty to Arasaka gives V an unambiguous understanding of who she is in this world - Arasaka's undercover operative.
The family's enemies will be punished. Among them is the deep-covered traitor Yoko from the Kabuki district, an acolyte of Mr. Hands of the FIA. Hands is an FIA executive of the highest level, possibly the director of the entire organization, who is subject to mandatory elimination. The unreliable, deceptive and lustful Wakako Okada, who deep in her heart harbors a hatred for Arasaka, is also the conniving Mr. Blue-Eyed, a half human/half AI who dreams of enslaving humanity by manipulating the minds of human individuals. He is the one behind the assassination of Mayor Holt by the hands of a cyber-psychopath, as he has his own puppet ready at the right moment - the unfortunate candidate for Mayor Perales, who is zombified and has lost his will. Most likely involved in V's failure at the Kompeki Plaza Hotel, Blue-Eyed is acting by Misty's hands, and then, after Misty gives V the cursed amulet, he tries to subjugate her mind through horrific Tarot images and shake her inner integrity, and then use her as a tool to destroy Arasaka. And of course the conniving and empty Johnny Silverhand, coward, deserter, drug addict, traitor and maniac, whose globe-sized ego doesn't even let him realize that he's just a digital virus in V's head that she'll eventually get rid of in Arasaka's labs anyway.
:)

I returned to the game after having to stop as I am a full time carer for both parents and myself having a partial disability, but I have found the time each night to play a little and actually a way I've always wanted to when CP2077 was first announced all those years back and more importantly now allow me to relax and destress (especially travelling on ncart!).

My V is now more based on myself, so she cannot drive, walks or ncart (no fast travel and would love to see the buses addded the same way as the trains) to travel just to really enjoy the scenery. Buys food/drink only when she is hungery/thirsty, will over use stims when in a lot of pain, even from minor falls and stuff. She hacks and uses technical abilities to avoid situations where she can, after the death of her best friend Jackie, keeps to herself with Johnny to talk to.

Top Bottom