Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started another playthrough of the Witcher 3, reached that quest where you are supposed to discover Letho in that old lady's house but he wasn't there. I must have somehow not transferred my Witcher 2 save files properly :( Now I have to restart, can't have Letho missing, RIP 20 hours of my life. At least I was only level 6.

I started another playthrough of the Witcher 3, reached that quest where you are supposed to discover Letho in that old lady's house but he wasn't there. I must have somehow not transferred my Witcher 2 save files properly :( Now I have to restart, can't have Letho missing, RIP 20 hours of my life. At least I was only level 6.

:( Sad times. Currently marathoning all the media/books I can that are even remotely Cyberpunky.
Finished all the Dredd I own, watched Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, Cyber City Oedo, Appleseed, Terminator and now I am starting the Sprawl trilogy and 2020 rulebook. My notice week from work has been soooo productive ahaha!
Moving on to a job far away from Kitchens. Becoming a clerk ahaha!

My first day at work today after 4 week vacation. I'm so sure my whole body will hurt tomorrow, since all I did during those 4 weeks was laying on the couch :LOL:

Managed to do a lot of gaming, though :) Which is good, since now I have less time for that again. Waiting for my retirement days...

Just finished watching Altered Carbon. Pretty decent. Makes me want to pick up the book some time.

Poe and the Raven really was a nice accent to the whole show. Chuckled when I picked up on it (Took way too long).

Very GoT on the sex and violence side. But I assume the book is similar.
It feels like an odd mix between Stargate and Cyberpunk with a dash of Groundhog day.

Can recommend if gore is no obstacle for you. (Although it's probably been watched by everyone by now).

Congratulation on the 6th (I believe?) rebirth of the forums! And huge thanks to those who kept this place alive & dust-free. :)

Wow, may the hype unite us all over again

Good to see you again -- again -- @TemerianGirl , and thanks for all the REDpoints!
Always welcome! ;)
I'm glad this place and you guys actually helped me with English in the past years, the energy I'm getting from the fans that came from all around the world to FIFA '18 in Russia is tremendous (I feel lika there's mini-earthquakes each day outside). Definitely an interesting picture to see thousands of Polish, Serbian, German, English, Spanish, Japanese and other people around the city. And I can actually communicate with most of them. And they are suprised that we're not as bad as everyone says. :)

P.S. Hey, @gregski ! I was hoping Polish team would win yesterday, it was sad too see many dissapointed Polish faces around. #GoPoland

Last edited:
I'm glad this place and you guys actually helped me with English in the past years, the energy I'm getting from the fans that came from all around the world to FIFA '18 in Russia is tremendous (I feel lika there's mini-earthquakes each day outside). Definitely an interesting picture to see thousands of Polish, Serbian, German, English, Spanish, Japanese and other people around the city. And I can actually communicate with most of them. And they are suprised that we're not as bad as everyone says. :)

Having lived with Russians at Uni, I think it's the difference in humor, for instance we (The British) like to think we're the masters of sarcasm but the pure dry Russian sarcasm game is on another level ahaha.
My flatmate used to scare the shit outta me with how she could keep a fake anger going for so long before she burst into laughter just when I thought I had really pissed her off.

Oh boyo, Val came back and already spews redpoints left and right!
Welcome, we missed you (and the redpoints).
Yup, same here. Thanks @TemerianGirl !

Also, long time no see. I hope you're all doing well! Super excited for CP2077! I'm having trouble getting enjoyment from games (well at least RPGs/action adventure games) after The Witcher 3, so it's a about damn time to experience something new from my favorite devs!

Also, just recently bought the entire Witcher book saga (short story collections + saga + SoS) in Finnish hardcover editions. Finally have them all in my native tongue. :love:

Last edited:
So who else is ridiculously excited for the Witcher netflix series?

I am not sure who I would like to play Geralt, but I know if Janet Montgomery isn't Yennefer I'll be disappointed, she would be absolutely fantastic.

Not only does she look like Yennefer but she's also a really talented actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom