Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's a good day for one member of our family. Yes, Ciri has turned 1! Happy Birthday wee girl! :band::baby::cat::cat:

View attachment 2363

Of course, it's not like she gives a shit!

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks dragonbird! I'm feeling so happy today that for all animal lovers on the forums, here is a picture from a couple of days ago in the family back garden!

View attachment 2368

My apologies for the mess though, the garden is my Dads responsibility (as he continues to remind me to the point of frustration)!

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks dragonbird! I'm feeling so happy today that for all animal lovers on the forums, here is a picture from a couple of days ago in the family back garden!

View attachment 2368

My apologies for the mess though, the garden is my Dads responsibility (as he continues to remind me to the point of frustration)!

Of course, it's not like she gives a shit... neither!
Congrats to you for enjoying of a cuteness cat like Ciri!

Today's a good day for one member of our family. Yes, Ciri has turned 1! Happy Birthday wee girl! :band::baby::cat::cat:
Of course, it's not like she gives a shit!
Happy birthday, Ciri! May your years be plenty and your happiness more!

And, of course, she 's sitting at the best spot of the room. Classic...

Happy birthday, Ciri! May your years be plenty and your happiness more!

And, of course, she 's sitting at the best spot of the room. Classic...

Yeah, the bottom of my bed! It's not like I have a problem with that but, it's just a pain the get rid all the fur she leaves behind!

Last edited:
Today I think I made something really amazing or stupid, can't decide

In December I sold 3 HD 7970, 2 GTX 465 full Warhammer 40k tabletop elder and dark elder factions and chaos starting kit to buy 2 turbochargers for a bike. It was more than enough to buy them all other parts, but I couldn't use my pc at home for quite some time.

Today I saw a person selling 2 HD 5970 for about 60€ which he says are both overheating but I still bought them. Apparently he never removed gpu shrouds because I never seen so much dust. I applied thermal paste removed all the dust from heatsinks and they run perfectly fine now. So I don't know how I feel, quad crossfire is nice but at the same time I buying something that old doesn't seem right.

View attachment 2363

!

By the way that is a really nice cat

Today I think I made something really amazing or stupid, can't decide

In December I sold 3 HD 7970, 2 GTX 465 full Warhammer 40k tabletop elder and dark elder factions and chaos starting kit to buy 2 turbochargers for a bike. It was more than enough to buy them all other parts, but I couldn't use my pc at home for quite some time.

Today I saw a person selling 2 HD 5970 for about 60€ which he says are both overheating but I still bought them. Apparently he never removed gpu shrouds because I never seen so much dust. I applied thermal paste removed all the dust from heatsinks and they run perfectly fine now. So I don't know how I feel, quad crossfire is nice but at the same time I buying something that old doesn't seem right.

By the way that is a really nice cat

If they were 4870's, I'd wonder. 4xxx and earlier are off driver support and can't do DX11. But 5xxx are still supported, do DX11 just fine, and are only one tock behind the current AMD cards. The 5970's are beasts. They'll chew up and spit out anything AMD made before "Hawaii". Have a good time with them.

(Tick-tock jargon: An improvement made to existing architecture, such as a die shrink or an optimization, is a "tick". A new architecture, such as Haswell, Maxwell, or GCN, is a "tock".)

If they were 4870's, I'd wonder. 4xxx and earlier are off driver support and can't do DX11. But 5xxx are still supported, do DX11 just fine, and are only one tock behind the current AMD cards. The 5970's are beasts. They'll chew up and spit out anything AMD made before "Hawaii". Have a good time with them.

(Tick-tock jargon: An improvement made to existing architecture, such as a die shrink or an optimization, is a "tick". A new architecture, such as Haswell, Maxwell, or GCN, is a "tock".)

They have the power but for 2560x1600 resolution its not enough VRAM. Afterburner already shows all of its 1 GB of VRAM usage at least in Bioshock Infinite (don't have anything else installed)

I've just discovered why my mozzie screens seem to be getting holes in them.

(No, she's not holding onto the bar, that's outside the window. Those claws are firmly embedded in the screen itself)

Does anyone remember the name of the promotional video made with TW2 engine, where Geralt takes some contract and hunts monsters in a cave? I couldn't find it since I don't remember the name.

Of all the things that I really don't understand on my cats, there is this one of my younger, Lilly: every time she goes out the house and then comes back, she starts mewing and crying loudly around really looking for me. When she finds me she starts purring and rubbing around. It's like she loses me every damn time XD
"oh meww, I thought I have lost you, but thankfully you are right here" yes dammit XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom