Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it all ended when that evil Christopher Lambert immortal beheaded the brave and dashing Kurgan, have to have a watch.

Both the movies and the the series hold a soft spot in my heart . Anyone remember Friday the 13th the TV series or War of the Worlds ? Watched both of them way back when . Saw an episode recently and cannot believe how cheesy they were . I guess nostalgia is better left in your mind .

Highlander series was always my guilty pleasure. Terrible acting and writing. But he's an immortal who beheads his foes, and he's got a Scottish accent. Good enough for me.

Whut? Guilty pleasure?
I watched it for the first time when I was in my 'fifties. Great series, as long as you stop watching a couple of episodes before the end of the next-to-last season, and ignore the final season completely. I can't believe how fast it went downhill.

Whut? Guilty pleasure?
I watched it for the first time when I was in my 'fifties. Great series, as long as you stop watching a couple of episodes before the end of the next-to-last season, and ignore the final season completely. I can't believe how fast it went downhill.

Maybe not so guilty, but after..

They killed off Tess in a random mugging, I was done. She was half the reason I liked Duncan

Anyway, this should all be in the movie thread.

I can't erase her double. I guess she's just that awesome. Sorry. :p

Attachments

• 18dxiijunfm1.jpg
    18dxiijunfm1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hated reboot even as a child, freaking stupid. Then again I was a computer dork.

But @Blothulfur, Ulysses 31 is fucking awesome! I watched some reruns and caught some episodes online and it has aged just fine. From the 80s, Silverhawks were pretty cool. Man, these cartoons had such good music.

I was also a fan of Highlander, but never finished the series. Adrian Paul is an excellent swordsman but a terrible actor. I think Lambert is more balanced.

Last edited:
Don't be surprise if I seem to you a little... weid. I grow up with that on my TV screen

Luckly, I've found some type of therapy with another jewel

[video=youtube;QGnTfg-MUhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QGnTfg-MUhs[/video]

Last edited:
Tried to wach few episodes of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys again, but it seems that I don't like it anymore. Everything feels, I think cheesy is the right word and also boring. Probably I skip Xena too. Better save good memories about it and move forward. :)

Tried to wach few episodes of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys again, but it seems that I don't like it anymore. Everything feels, I think cheesy is the right word and also boring. Probably I skip Xena too. Better save good memories about it and move forward. :)

Hah Hercules and Xena :p. Only thing that would play on my greek tv for at least a decade.. These and F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I guess :p

Hercules shall forever be remembered as the face of the low budget CGI era. Puppets and animatronics (remember the ninja turtles movies!?) were way ahead of that.

@wichat

What about The Twilight Zone? or Alfred Hitchcock Presents? I actually like those two shows.

Oh! yes, but those were showed in night-time and I'd watched them hidden in the corridor, jumping to the bed when I heard my father move in his armchair....

Ha I used to do the same with my sister :p

This brought a smile to my face :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom