Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And have you learned how to tell the difference between men and women yet? It's a useful life lesson.

(Oh, I am SO going to keep bringing this up at every possible opportunity. And a clue. That's one way of telling the difference.)

Ha! You're never going to let that one go, huh?

:D

At least it wasn't the dumbest thing I've ever said. Once, when I was a kid, I looked at a glass of wine that my dad had poured himself, and, lost in thought, I said "Hey...that kinda' looks like grape juice.".

Edit: it looks like someone's burning that mid-night oil, huh?

Last edited:
Do I smell a legendary story here?

If "legendary" is Spanish for "C'mon, bro....", then maybe.

If you're looking for the long and short of it, then here it is:

Sometimes, you can be so unsexist, that you say or do something sexist. :p

Or maybe I'm simply trying to needlessly confuse you?

I got an email from Newegg telling me about some lawsuit regarding the GTX 970. Apparently I might get payed $30.

Not me. It's a pollutant. I prefer burning incriminating documents.

Afternoon here. And morning still for Sunsibar, I assume?

@Sunsibar - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...n-s-Treasure?p=2721761&viewfull=1#post2721761

Theoretically it's noon right now. 12.20PM. But I just woke up few hours ago so it's still morning to me :sleeping:

I have been told several times that girls are rarity in gaming forums and communities. That is kinda funny because there is definitely several of us. Well, maybe not THAT much but definitely more than "rare". Ah, I don't even mind anymore if someone titles me as a he if it's a random post. Once again, one unisex word would be just fine...

I hate the way the Big Bang theory treats women's engagement with so-called "nerd culture"

Like, there's one episode where the narrative seems to suggest that Star Wars is this super nerdy thing that only the male geeks could possibly be into because it's really lame. And Penny gets upset when she knows Star Wars trivia. Meanwhile, Star Wars was one of the most popular and best selling movies ever, so I was quite confused as to why that episode painted Star Wars as a male nerd thing.

They do that a lot though in the show. Although 2 of the women in the show are scientists, they don't really have any "nerdy" hobbies, which I think is a bit unrealistic. All my female friends (who are in STEM fields) are into all of the stereotypically "nerdy" things the show portrays as being a male-only hobby.

Maybe I'm just oversensitive, haha. While I do sometimes find the show funny I do think they could do a better job of writing women.... but that's a criticism for a lot of American comedy shows so whatever.

• RED Point
Reactions: 227
What do you mean? I think they're accurate representations of women in nerd culture .... .... .... .... .... .... bazinga.

Yeah, making you probably the only person in Germany being refunded for Nvidia's fraudulence. ;)

It might get here eventually... but yeah probably not.

I hate the way the Big Bang theory treats women's engagement with so-called "nerd culture"

Like, there's one episode where the narrative seems to suggest that Star Wars is this super nerdy thing that only the male geeks could possibly be into because it's really lame. And Penny gets upset when she knows Star Wars trivia. Meanwhile, Star Wars was one of the most popular and best selling movies ever, so I was quite confused as to why that episode painted Star Wars as a male nerd thing.

They do that a lot though in the show. Although 2 of the women in the show are scientists, they don't really have any "nerdy" hobbies, which I think is a bit unrealistic. All my female friends (who are in STEM fields) are into all of the stereotypically "nerdy" things the show portrays as being a male-only hobby.

Maybe I'm just oversensitive, haha. While I do sometimes find the show funny I do think they could do a better job of writing women.... but that's a criticism for a lot of American comedy shows so whatever.

Who actually likes that show anyway? They even get a lot of their "science" wrong many times. It's mostly about socially inept dorks who happen to be academics. Most people nowadays like sci-fi & fantasy, comic books and even video games (even my mom likes the X-Men and Star Trek). Also a vast majority of my academic colleagues like to party and drink, so I don't even know what kind of "nerd" they're portraying.

I'm pretty sure this was already posted here:

Last edited:
I have been told several times that girls are rarity in gaming forums and communities. That is kinda funny because there is definitely several of us. Well, maybe not THAT much but definitely more than "rare".

When I became a mod, it was at the same time as Dona, and the mod team also had secondchildren and Corylea - we were a majority for a while :)

Ah, I don't even mind anymore if someone titles me as a he if it's a random post. Once again, one unisex word would be just fine...

I usually ignore it, but I also find it mildly amusing. Especially when I get the opportunity to embarass someone.

---------- Updated at 08:43 PM ----------

I might be going in the wrong direction, here, but...Asia? I'm no good at the maths. :/

Yup. Although Western Australia is also in the glorious GMT+8, so it might not have been.

Last edited:
I have been told several times that girls are rarity in gaming forums and communities.
That's more a long-running joke about the early internet (chat rooms in particular) that's been shifted onto gaming than a widely held belief, though. Some people just have trouble distinguishing reality from the internet's sense of humor.

Congrats on becoming an unpaid intern at the this-thread-is-in-the-wrong-subforum factory, by the way. May your banhammer gleam brightly with the blood of your enemies. And mine, hopefully. Incidentally, do you accept bribes?

I can't stand them, but my parents (mostly my dad) are constantly watching old ones along with Mrs Brown's Boys. Drives me insane. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom