Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a lot of nintendo games i love! sure they're not for everyone but i know plenty of people who almost exclusively play nintendo games, they're easy to get into and light and fluffy :D

Nintendo definitely has its own magic & charm, and I totally understand why people love the company and their games so much and even become borderline obsessive over them.

Besides like I said, if the Switch library gets stronger and they release an improved version with better battery life, I might buy one again.

And when I eventually upgrade my CPU I'm gonna emulate BOTW and play it again on my PC and Predator X34:

Looks amazing. o_O

Last edited:
I was thinking about getting this handheld console (it runs Linux, but can also run Windows if anyone needs): https://www.smachz.com

But it's quite expensive, so in the end I'm not sure if it's worth buying. Though it's a modern Ryzen / Vega emebedded AMD APU, way more powerful than Nvidia's Tegra X1 in the Switch, so such price is expected.

IMHO buying such things should be driven by hardware and user experience, not exclusive games (no one likes exclusives). If you like playing games like that - it's a useful thing.

Video shows it running Windows, so same stuff in Wine probably would have different performance.

Last edited:
Yeah I hate platform exclusives. They don't encourage me to buy anything I just end up missing out on the games... perhaps with the exception of nintendo, though I haven't bought any of their consoles since the 3DS (which I only bought because I was in Japan and got a special 3DS that was decorated with my favourite manga series).

But I can also see that PS4/Xbox would probably lose sales without their exclusives since there are not many reasons to pick console over PC (though I know there are some reasons people prefer console). A lot of players of Elder Scrolls Online have been abandoning console to move to PC. The raiding scene is better and the game runs a lot better too.

@gregski @Sagitarii Japan 0 : 1 Poland today in Volgograd (aka Stalingrad). They did it, well done! #PolandStrong

Japanese football fans right now:

Thank god, you haven't seen my reaction at the stadium, when Russia won against Spain at the last penalty shootout! :giggle:
Slavic brothers from Croatia also showed some insane skill that day! OMG, never knew that a game, where 20+ sweating guys kicking one ball, would be that exciting. :eek:

Upd: I've just found out that Japan lost again... They played furiously at first, but it seems they run out of MP at the end. No Final Fantasy fanfares once again.

@TemerianGirl

Shaolin Soccer is an awesome movie. Unfortunately, Japan cannot perform those tricks IRL.
Ofc they can't. Only the Chinese can. :sneaky:

Sold my Switch. After its novelty wore off and I got tired of Zelda I was looking forward to E3 for some major announcements but.. meh.
Aaaand I sold my PS4 as well last weekend. PC only now. Feels good having all my gaming focused on one system alone. And I wasn't a huge fan of Sony 1st party anyway. Good riddance.

Last edited:
...mmm... there's rumor that a ghost is brewing up a storm on the island of Tsushima...
...heading to The Hairy Bear. Someones always knows somethings there...........................
...sides, I need me some Mahakaman mead .

Last edited:
Sony is sure not helping me trying to wait for the PS5!!!!
Daaaayyyuuuummmm!!!! This one will sit perfectly pwetty next to my 20th Anniversary Edition... Looks like Sony wins... again...
Thinking naming this one... Milli... Anni and Milli = PS4king Amazing!!!...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom