What about Africa on your ranking system?

+
What about Africa on your ranking system?

I know we are not very important to everyone else, but we do actually have computers and the Internet on the dark continent, and what's more most of the time it works. So why are you excluding the largest continent on this planet from your Gwent ranking system for PC? And please don't you dare put us with Australasia.

It's only around 28% of the people in Africa that even have internet. I don't think there would be very many users that would fall into a bracket from that country. Here is a chart that shows the worlds use of internet over a 24 hour time.

Firstly, R3V3RS3PARADOX, Africa is not a country! Duh. There are actually 55 countries in Africa.

Secondly, there are 1.2 billion people in Africa, 28% of that is not an insignificant number of people. In fact it's about the same Internet population as the US. What is the Internet population of Australasia whilst we're at it and they have their own region in Gwent?

Lastly, I just think it is ridiculous and insulting that only one continent is not recognized in a game and this appears to be because there is a perception that it is unlikely that there are enough people in Africa who are advanced enough to become involved in it. It says a lot about what is wrong with the World

Last edited:
Actual Top 1 Player in Ranked LeaderBoard is Crozyr......

... but if you look for him in the continents division... he is not there.

A little search in the pro ladder section tell us that he is from "Namibia" (Africa).

crozyr.jpg

why is no AFRICA section in the Ranking??

As soon as there are enough Gwent players from that part of the world I'm sure CDPR will consider.

Anyhow, I moved the thread to the suggestions area of our forums because it's not really a technical issue.

But still, you can always let CDPR know using this form:
https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

Simply too few players.

I'm event surprised that Oceania isn't merged with Asia. As I look on Oceanic rankings, I would be easily int the first 100-1000 players each season, while I'm painfully in the 10000 first in the Europe ladder. Looks a bit unfair.

Hey, you're important to the rest of us. But there're no dark people in The Witcher universe, so...
Anyways, I'm sure CDPR will gladly add Africa to the Leaderboards, or must have a reason for not doing so already. You could mail them directly, or use the Ask a Dev forum perhaps.

So why are you excluding the largest continent on this planet from your Gwent ranking system for PC?
You may not be the largest continent in the world (Asia all the way), but you're definitely not small enough to be overlooked. And yes, don't put them with Asia. It doesn't makes any sense.

Here is a chart that shows the worlds use of internet over a 24 hour time.
Nice...makes one wonder why Australia isn't using most of its land.

Top Bottom