What Cybernetics do you want to see in the game?

+
Tell that to the chick with the blade arms in the trailer. Blending in is for the weak. How do you expect to gain a reputation and respect from people if you just follow the crowd?

The chick...with the gun at her neck? THAT chick? I would tell her....but she seems to be facedown on the ground bleeding out. Oh, wait...now she's a MAX-TAC asset. Yeah, have fun with that. i think I'll go back to work, making my 8000c a month and no one that doesn't hire me knowing my name. It's called being a professional.

In answer to your question about making a rep..you ever hear of the Angels? You know any of their names? No. Cyber-circle? No.

Yeah, exactly. Goons get known. Pros stay alive.

-see, Wisdom, this is why multiplayer would be hilarious. Teleopticals and rooftops watching metalheads and furries eat Dual Purpose rounds and paintballs* to the face from the the Borg Squad. Gooood times.

*paintballs because very few borgs realise that unless they had the unlikely foresight to invest in radar targeting, once you paintball em, all that fancy targeting gear ain't for shite. And that stuff is a pain to get off, especially when laced with...other things. Acid is fun.

The chick...with the gun at her neck? THAT chick? I would tell her....but she seems to be facedown on the ground bleeding out. Oh, wait...now she's a MAX-TAC asset. Yeah, have fun with that. i think I'll go back to work, making my 8000c a month and no one that doesn't hire me knowing my name. It's called being a professional.

In answer to your question about making a rep..you ever hear of the Angels? You know any of their names? No. Cyber-circle? No.

Yeah, exactly. Goons get known. Pros stay alive.

-see, Wisdom, this is why multiplayer would be hilarious. Teleopticals and rooftops watching metalheads and furries eat Dual Purpose rounds and paintballs* to the face from the the Borg Squad. Gooood times.

*paintballs because very few borgs realise that unless they had the unlikely foresight to invest in radar targeting, once you paintball em, all that fancy targeting gear ain't for shite. And that stuff is a pain to get off, especially when laced with...other things. Acid is fun.

Dude..... why the hell do you not live in Arkansas, where you can be a member of my group?

Pros may live longer. But having your back to a wall and taking on impossible odds is the real fun. Do you wanna die in your corner office from natural causes?

Or do you want it on your feet like a man? And have the joy of seeing who the last one is to fall before you.

I know what I prefer :cool:

Well, there is that. And, to be fair, tthat's exciting ashell. At least in a video game.

In the PnP, if your character makes it past his first month, you start getting...scared. I mean, by then, you've got some money. Some rep. Your gear isn't shit. You know some people. They don't even want to shoot you all the time.

And now the world is coming to take it away from you.

If you've ever played DayZ, a good Cpunk game is a lot like that, only it takes WAAAAAAAAAAY longer than a few hours of work to get back to your previous levels of gear and location. It takes many, many sessions.

So you learn to be...conservative. And roll an alt character called Meathead McSmackme! Who delights in pop-out grenade launchers, mouth-based flamethrowers, combat drugs and dating girls named Exploding Shirley. ( It's not a nickname. She explodes.)

Also, Arkansas is scarier than Night City. And despite FERVENT daily prayer, I'm not a Full Body Conversion yet. Damn it.

Well, there is that. And, to be fair, tthat's exciting ashell. At least in a video game.

In the PnP, if your character makes it past his first month, you start getting...scared. I mean, by then, you've got some money. Some rep. Your gear isn't shit. You know some people. They don't even want to shoot you all the time.

If you've ever played DayZ, a good Cpunk game is a lot like that, only it takes WAAAAAAAAAAY longer than a few hours of work to get back to your previous levels of gear and location. It takes many, many sessions.

So you learn to be...conservative. And roll an alt character called Meathead McSmackme! Who delights in pop-out grenade launchers, mouth-based flamethrowers, combat drugs and dating girls named Exploding Shirley. ( It's not a nickname. She explodes.)

Also, Arkansas is scarier than Night City. And despite FERVENT daily prayer, I'm not a Full Body Conversion yet. Damn it.

Yeah, but if you were here, you could play in the coolest gaming room this side of Arasaka tower...

Plus NW arkansas isn't so bad... just don't head too far east, west, or south....

Let the world come, as I said, I bite :D
DayZ is ok. Graphics and engine and physics needs work. One hell of a breeding ground for hackers. With some time and energy. The game has promise.

Sounds like a dream gf to me, once you get sick of her.....boom!!

"Way too go Shirley! But ya can't do it again!" lol

cyberware scratcher/ Wolvers / rippers slice and dice big knucks
monoblades
emps /flashbangs
tranq guns
C -6
neural boosters /sppedware
Bioware skinweave standard and the advanced versions ,Muscle and bone lace ,nanosurgeons, toxin binders
smart gun
cyberoptics lowlight/targeting/ thermal/ infrared /digital camera
cyberaudio amplified hearing/level dampner /micro recorder
Implants Adrenal booster , Subdermal armor,
chipware of all sorts

plastic disposable guns

and MARTIAL ARTS

just a few of my favorite things . . . . . . . .

I will have better ideas once parameters of the classes and the classes themselves are revealed, but for starters, I think all cybernetic augs should be neatly characterized into specific catagories. If they already are, teach me. I have zero experience and very limited knowledge of this IP.

Why do we risk cyberpsychosis as a Solo? Because cyberware makes us faster,more powerful,more efficient killing machines. It helps us survive,it gives us an edge. It's what we do. We live,they die. Cyberware is an ingrained,indelible element of Cyberpunk. Having yourself chipped,installing a neural processor etc, it depends on one thing only, how much you have to spend,and it's as natural as breathing. Personally, I'd say as much as is possible to implement in the game.

I will assume that the reason for the loss of humanity could be the loss of a limb. (You know, if we skip the symbolic stuff about making yourself less human)
Psychological studies have shown that those that have lost limbs have a more limited emotional range/ability to feel emotion as a fully limbed person.

Though it could also be neurological stress created by the cybernetics and nervous system not working quiet perfectly together. Causing degradation to the system which than leads to psychosis.

Plus I imagine it kinda weird to have a cybernetic limb. I get abit weirded out an depressed when I take a long hard look and thought about the Insulin Pump attached to me. Keeping me Alive.

I'd prefer if the furry stuff didn't make it into the final product. That's just my opinion on the matter, of course.

Mr.Studd,

Just Mr.Studd
And the Disapproving Look of an Old Lady.

Call me weird, but I always did wonder just what the Mr. Studd and Midnite Lady cyberware looked like. Particularly the latter. Would it look like the real thing? Shiny plastic? Metallic? I mean, you find a joygirl who's gotten her "work equipment" rebuilt, when she drops her shorts, am I gonna find stuff looking like a slice of toast was gonna pop out?

Call me weird, but I always did wonder just what the Mr. Studd and Midnite Lady cyberware looked like. Particularly the latter. Would it look like the real thing? Shiny plastic? Metallic? I mean, you find a joygirl who's gotten her "work equipment" rebuilt, when she drops her shorts, am I gonna find stuff looking like a slice of toast was gonna pop out?

I wonder how much humanity loss a vagina toaster would cost...

I wonder if a nanite treatment would allow the vagina toaster to make its own bread whenever the implantee has a yeast infection?

Ok.... that one grossed even me out.... sorry....

As for what Cyberpsychosis actually is... this has been my take, from my Electric Dreams cybernetic gear book on Datafortress 2020:

"Maintaining a healthy state of mind is critical when one begins implanting cyberentics into their body. The intrusion of the metal into the flesh has been proven to have an impact on ones sense of self and ones ability to relate to his own humanity, as well as the humanity of those around him. No one is exactly sure what causes Cyberpsychosis, it was once believed that it was just a symptom of another mental illness, like schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder. However more recently scientists and researchers have come to the theory that Cyberpsychosis is its own classification of neurological disorder. The cause is unknown exactly, but generally believed to be caused by a mix of feelings of alienation, superiority, or even inferiority after cybernetic installation, and the eletrical overstimulation of the cerebrum from new sources. Too many impulses confuse the brain, overloading synapses. This is especially dangerous when dealing with cybernetic functions that don't occur naturally, such as cyberweapons, or dermal viewscreens, additional limbs, etc... and not as big a threat from cyber which simply replaces natural biological function, such as artificial organs, basic cyberlimbs, etc... Basically the brain and nervous system become confused by the new information, usually in the form of painful spasms. Adding this type of physiological trauma to a person who is having feelings of alienation and anxiety is a powderkeg which results in a paranoid and violent state similiar to rabies, though much more intense. Because the afflicted is in severe pain due to the nervous and cortical system overload, it is believed by some that the Cyber psychotic rage is not only a means of lashing out at percieved threats, but also a subconscious suicide attempt."

I don't know if what i am going to write is it goes in this tree, but

I will like to have in game some sort of drug, or it can be a implementation in my tech body that allows me to maintain my respiration against bomb gas. Because being half human that can affect, correct?.

And I really like this one, the ability of having a cybernetic artifact in my eye or arm that i can activated that can allow me to see true walls, or where are located my enemies or the cops that are in the next room, I do want the opposite Npc's have them to (if that's what you called it) so it can be as well as challenging, I love games that can challenge me in every way. ( also if you are human then a mask or a glasses, I think glasses will be better option for it, after all is more compact as the tech it is)

And some temporally shield, that can help me momentarily protect me against damage when I am running away cops or in a shoot out against some one.

Top Bottom