what do you think about what'd come to Gwent in the couple months from now?

+
As far as I remembered, this year we should have one more expansion but due to Covid, the Master Mirror were pushed couple months delayed. I speculate that the next Expansion may arrive in next a few months from now. However, we might get stuck with Journey Season.

Currently, the Ciri Journey is about half way and next month will be the similar meta as current one. There might be a balance change. Then, in the November we will have new Journey which the majority of neutral cards that is the journey main character will get update like Ciri did. I do not sure CDPR want to promote both new Journey and new Expansion altogether in November or not. If not, the best bet for next expansion release in December while November should spoil new cards.

If we will have expansion in December then we will use the current card set and meta for a little while -- October and November.

So, my question is can what do you think what would coming during October and November to make Gwent fresh and more fun?

e.g.
1. There are a small set 20-40 new cards like Thronebreaker which make the meta change for a month.
2. The meta will be the same but there might be an event like faction challenge.
3. nah.. just update several cards that no one play or it was nerfed in the past but now it should not be an issue eg. several dryad or elves that eat 7-8 provision but only 4 power. Water of Brokilon provision should be lower due to Mystic Echoes no longer be an issue, every factions have bronze thinner cards which 5 provision for 4 points but Eskel, Vessimer, Lambert (the three trios) are 8 for 2 points :( or even the Master Mirror itself should change from deploy to order with cooldown

Veil, Zeal
Order: Transform the leftmost card in your hand into a random legendary card from your faction that was not in your starting deck.
Cooldown 1

what else you guys think?

which the majority of neutral cards that is the journey main character will get update like Ciri did.
And how exactly do you know this when they've not even hinted towards who the main character might be? Jason just said he doesn't think anyone will guess correctly. And the only Geralt card that was changed in any way when the first Journey started was Igni getting Initiative, so this is a strange theory indeed.

I don't see any reason for new cards before the expansion when the expansion will come in December at the latest.

Faction challenges are a question mark. GUC in July I guess technically was one, and prior to that there were some type of challenges every month except in April (but Journey #1 started then), in 2020.
August didn't have one (but Journey #2 started then), September doesn't seem to have one, so that's a two-month gap (three-month if not counting GUC).

Last edited:
- First of all let's make one thing clear, Master Mirror don't take "orders" from anyone ! :howdy: :coolstory:

- I don't believe that the game will receive any major game changing updates beside some tiny hotfixes and balancing patches here and there.
Best case scenario imo will be just a challenge event before we get another expansion by December.

- Now...involving the new journey,
I have literally no clue who's gonna be next bur if we take in count that so far we had Geralt and Ciri (major "players" in the witcher universe), maybe its Yennefer or Triss...?
Tbh we can't be sure because the devs said that we won't be able to
to guess who...so yeah, Yenn and Triss ain't actually a hard guess.
I'm really curious about that, maybe the people who have read the books can help us guess who..? :)

Last edited:
And how exactly do you know this when they've not even hinted towards who the main character might be? Jason just said he doesn't think anyone will guess correctly. And the only Geralt card that was changed in any way when the first Journey started was Igni getting Initiative, so this is a strange theory indeed.

sorry that I missed the word I speculate. these just my guess. I don't know exactly and I also want to hear what people think.

Well, I feel the meta will stuck for a month or two from now. In card games (both physical and digital), if meta won't change for a while then it will make players feel less fun. it possible that players will come up with a new deck like Gravesh did with Shiryu ST last month which shake current meta. other than that, CDPR can add something.

- First if all let's make one thing clear, Master Mirror don't take "orders" from anyone ! :howdy: :coolstory:

sad.. I just want the card less rng and see more play ;_;

- Now...involving the new journey,
I have literally no clue who's gonna be next bur if we take in count that so far we had Geralt and Ciri (major "players" in the witcher universe), maybe its Yennefer or Triss...?
Tbh we can't be sure because the devs said that we won't be able to
to guess who...so yeah, Yenn and Triss ain't actually a hard guess.
I'm really curious about that, maybe the people that have read the books can help us guess who..? :)
Maybe it's Letho?

Maybe it's Letho?

...maybe indeed..! :ok:
They hinted that they will show NG "some love", so it makes sense.
- Letho (such a bad@ss) :cool: is part of the NG faction and having him as a leader (skin) would be real great imo.

- Can it be Yorveth ?
I don't know how much development his character get's in the books but I for one will be drawn into playing the ST faction if we get him as a leader.
I really liked "Yorveth's path" on TW2 game.

- Whichever might be between them 2 I believe that his faction will receive some extra love aswell.

...aaww well best thing we can do for now is just speculate and wait.

Last edited:
Maybe it's Letho?
That would be awesome.

I don't know how much development his character get's in the books
As far as I remember/know he never actually appears in the books, but he is mentioned in a few contexts.
Would also be a cool Journey character.
iorvethvictory_small.png

Did you know
undefined
1600466441970.png

that the W3 was different from that

Another option is that it be some Nekker, imagine some juicy dancing Nekkers :beer:

...maybe indeed..! :ok:
They hinted that they will show NG "some love", so it makes sense.
- Letho (such a bad@ss) :cool: is part of the NG faction and having him as a leader (skin) would be real great imo.

- Can it be Yorveth ?
I don't know how much development his character get's in the books but I for one will be drawn into playing the ST faction if we get him as a leader.
I really liked "Yorveth's path" on TW2 game.

- Whichever might be between them 2 I believe that his faction will receive some extra love aswell.

...aaww well best thing we can do for now is just speculate and wait.
Iorveth is a character created by cdpr, originally isengrim was supposed to have his role but they decided to make a new character for tw2 ;) also i think they said in a stream it will not be yen or triss

Iorveth is a character created by cdpr, originally isengrim was supposed to have his role but they decided to make a new character for tw2 ;) also i think they said in a stream it will not be yen or triss

Why change the elf's name to Yorveth then..!?
I smell foul play, probably a flaming rose agent amidst CDPR dev team !!? :confused: :oops:

That explains why he never returned, a waste of talent and a perfectly developed character imo.
(not saying he was perfect)

Maybe they can go along with their make believe and bring him back, honestly...i like him a ton and i believe that the voice actor did a terrific job delivering the lines that he was given, i think i heard his voice somewhere in TW3 aswell and i was like "WhooAAaT" !!!?!? :eek:
....not sure though, i havent checked online.

@DC9V @Anciluart
- As for Uma.. you heartless Cave Trolls !!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::coolstory:
Shame on you !!! :ohstopit::beer:

There will likely be two or three months before the next journey. They will do more of the month long mini faction challenges to bridge the gap. I expect to hear something about the next expansion toward the end of October (likely with another countdown or announcement at the masters.) November will likely have a similar reveal schedule to June with an early December release. Draft mode is a serious concern at this point as it will divide the developers staff and could slow down the expansion.

There will likely be two or three months before the next journey. They will do more of the month long mini faction challenges to bridge the gap.
Gaunter's Ultimate Challenge was a one-time thing. I think they mostly wanted to synchronize the Journey schedule with the calendar year. Every subsequent Journey will begin as soon as the previous one ends.

Gaunter's Ultimate Challenge was a one-time thing. I think they mostly wanted to synchronize the Journey schedule with the calendar year. Every subsequent Journey will begin as soon as the previous one ends.

Between draft mode and an expansion I highly doubt that. They need to design and program not only the trinkets but the character models and write a story. I would stunned if we saw one journey after another going forward, especially during Covid.

Between draft mode and an expansion I highly doubt that. They need to design and program not only the trinkets but the character models and write a story. I would stunned if we saw one journey after another going forward, especially during Covid.

I heard somewhere but I can't remember. The journey will be an ongoing progression system which the new journey will arrive when the current one end. only I can find is the faq no9 > https://www.playgwent.com/en/journey but this is not clear whether the journey will continuous seamlessly like what I heard or not.

I also doubt this as well whether CDPR dev teams can comes up with new expansion and/or new journey plus balance changes altogether during November or not. The big if they cannot then it likely we will have new expansion at the beginning of December instead.

but since journey is 3 months long while expansion gap period maybe 4 months. Therefore, it possible that there is a month that both New Expansion and new Journey will clash each other. (or CDPR may need to push or pull the expansion release a month ahead / behind.

Top Bottom