What is Gwent?

+
What is Gwent?

Is it a game where (theoretically) any deck should have a chance to beat another deck -- or is it a game of rock paper scissors, where certain hard counter other decks that have other decks hard counter them?

Its a Beta ... they still have to see what they want to do with some mechanics ... thats totaly normal for a Beta and pls look to other CCGs and you will see all have the problem that some decks are, more or less, unplayable where other decks are to good.

MTG is one of the greatest and oldest CCGs and has this problem until today.

Here's my humble opinion on the topic:
It's about building a synergetic and reliable deck that you have a decent chance of winning against any possible matchup. Sure you can ofcourse tech your deck only against a certain archetype and will win most of the time, but that doesn't make much sense does it?

As long as you have a decent deck you have a chance against pretty much any other deck. For this you have to understand other decks, know how they work and want to win and try to counter that or play around certain cards (like Sweers when you play Neckers).
The meta plays a big role in this I think, in a meta where there is alot of weather, it's going to be worth having some sort of weather clear, in a engine heavy meta you'll want to run a lock unit and so on. I don't think it's like rock paper scissors at all since it's very important to play well and have enough knowledge of the game overall.

Maerd;n10369462 said:
^That

They are aiming for something close to "Any (coherent) deck has a chance to beat any other (coherent) deck", but right now it's more like complicated R/P/S with some of the Rocks being too big for Paper to beat

The odds that rock beats scissors are different from the odds that scissors beats paper; odds increase with luck of the draw as well as skill; and rock can in fact beat paper, it's just not good at it.
Also, there are different kinds of rock, paper, and scissors with their own sets of odds, as well as the occasional rockpaper or scissorrock, and sometimes there's an ace of spades that people will swear is obviously a rock. Or maybe paper. Definitely not scissors, though.
And at times you'll get scissors which cut rock as well as paper (and other unwary scissors). Then everybody plays Tic-Tac-Toe for a little while until the scissors are reminded of their place in the precarious balance of things.

Gwent is game with rock - paper - steroid dwarf with pneumatic pliers system
And athletic commision bans this dwarf only once in 2 months for using steroids only to be replaced by the bearded muscular northener with HUGE axe instead of scissors

Last edited:
idomyownstunts;n10423472 said:
A schizophrenic golem with a big time identity crisis and a penchant for animal husbandry.
An unstable construct of temporal paradoxes with generative inclinations?

Who would have guessed. . .

i cant say that the cards you have (the rare ones) are not effective .. but gwent is really about the way you play and strike

You can say many things about the game, but Gwent is the CCG that I feel is most responsive to player ability. How you play *does* determine whether you win or lose. 100% win-rate is impossible, especially with the coin-flip, but if you play really well you could even get upwards of 90% win-rate with meta decks, and certainly > 50% win-rate with any deck that you build (with deck-creating skill). And I say that even at high levels.

Gwent is a preserved county of Wales, full of rich traditions, beautiful idylliic hills and sweeping vistas not to mention a hundreds of years of great Welsh history.

Lose yourself in Gwent today!!

#visitgwent #welshpride #mysticallandofgwent

Top Bottom