What is the future fix road map, because!

+
For me it seems CDPR does not have a roadmap and I doubt they will have as a detailed roadmap as a year ago. I also assume their plans regarding releasing the next-gen upgrade in 2022Q1 have only been publicly stated because they mentioned it before and scheduled it for late 2021. As a result, this year CDPR will keep following their new non-communication practice and thus announce the expansions as late as possible, with a release date as vague as possible. Likewise, I doubt we will hear anything about any updates or patches once 1.5 has been released.
The investor calls, which I guess they are obliged to have, seem to be the clearest source of info. Not that they offer concrete release dates of course, but they have to tell the investors what their intentions are, and can be asked directly about them, and if they give answers that are too vague or blatently misleading - they would get roasted.

Tbh im in the camp of them not wanting too release some roadmap and then fail too keep it also i think that most of the future of the game isent set in stone yet.. Depending on how it goes with next-gen and after i think it might change. Also lets not forget the times we live in, im guessing there having trouble with setting dates/times for expansions and so on.

While i do find it better with not promising anything it would be nice if we could get some info on whats too come.

You forgot that they said "we are *aiming* at q1 2022". There was not much faith and confidence in their voice when they said "our devs told us that next-gen update development is on track". Q1 is wishful thinking imo.

Normally I would completely ignore these rumour videos, but Belluar is a good dude. This is just an article that rehashes that one 4chan rumour that was most likely bullshit.
At least someone from CDPR is quoted telling that the game won't get some of the stuff it would need.
Including police chases, because Elden Ring won't have them as well:

At least someone from CDPR is quoted telling that the game won't get some of the stuff it would need.
Including police chases, because Elden Ring won't have them as well:

Sasko says it was a combination of the technical limitations of the engine, and not enough time to make it work before release, so it was something that they eventually just gave up on, which is how we got the current system which teleports police to you, and never has gangs chase you down outside of the little clusters you can provoke on the map.
If you actually read this article you've would've read that Paweł said they didn't have enough time to implement these features. It doesn't say it's not going to get them.

And also, fun fact Watch Dogs *and* Saints Row also teleport cops around all the time. It's the exact same system. I've played both enough to get into stalemates where I could clearly see the same phenomenon as in Cyberpunk. Only difference is probably that cyberpunk lacks a competent enough driving AI.

If you actually read this article you've would've read that Paweł said they didn't have enough time to implement these features. It doesn't say it's not going to get them.

And also, fun fact Watch Dogs *and* Saints Row also teleport cops around all the time. It's the exact same system. I've played both enough to get into stalemates where I could clearly see the same phenomenon as in Cyberpunk. Only difference is probably that cyberpunk lacks a competent enough driving AI.
Plus I'm pretty sure it was in response to someone during the stream saying something like:
"Car chases are a mandatory feature in all open world games !"

The road-map has been stalled to at least after the Next-gen edition. This was mentioned in their last investor call when an investor asked if they could expect an update of the roadmap in the near future. They obviously don't like being left in the dark either :p
The investor calls, which I guess they are obliged to have, seem to be the clearest source of info. Not that they offer concrete release dates of course, but they have to tell the investors what their intentions are, and can be asked directly about them, and if they give answers that are too vague or blatently misleading - they would get roasted.
True, the investor's call is a very good source of truth and news. I still believe that they will dial back on anything roadmap related.

They've treated the roadmap as an afterthought. It's my hope they'll eventually start using it. The next-gen launch would be the perfect moment to regroup and actually start laying out a rough draft of what we can expect. Once the game is on "stable footing" so to speak they can focus all effort toward "Expansion 01" and planning in "updates, improvements and free DLC's" to hold us over until then.

They did say they were going to release more information about the next gen edition this year. The quarter is still long, so there's ample room to really do anything. They seemed pretty positive about their progress. The update is in a "patching and testing stage" so maybe if we're lucky we'll get something this month or the next. Otherwise end of Q1 is all but a guarantee.
I think they are positive about their progress as they are about the game in general. However, we as players would probably do well to expect news about 1.5 only a week or so before its release. As to your first point, I agree that their roadmap has become their release notes after the release of 1.2.

Tbh im in the camp of them not wanting too release some roadmap and then fail too keep it also i think that most of the future of the game isent set in stone yet.. Depending on how it goes with next-gen and after i think it might change. Also lets not forget the times we live in, im guessing there having trouble with setting dates/times for expansions and so on.

While i do find it better with not promising anything it would be nice if we could get some info on whats too come.
I think we have had this discussion in another thread, so I will keep myself short. But I would welcome more communication and while I don't expect a statement like 1.5 will be released on January 23rd, I would like to have a rough roadmap like 1.5 will be released at the end of January. With that being said, I also know that things change and I wouldn't mind 1.5 to be delayed a bit if it is properly communicated.

You forgot that they said "we are *aiming* at q1 2022". There was not much faith and confidence in their voice when they said "our devs told us that next-gen update development is on track". Q1 is wishful thinking imo.
That's a careful phrasing everyone in his position would have used. Otherwise, you are just asking for trouble.

My extremely subjective view on this matter is that every single game I know got worse when it had char chases not better. (I would love to have my own difficult setting to char chases, which I could set to easy.) This is also reflected by me preferring to walk instead of driving as long as the distance is not too far :LOL:

Plus I'm pretty sure it was in response to someone during the stream saying something like:
Actually not. I went to check the stream and it's a very polite question. Pawel's first answer wasn't his best moment, even the other dev that was on stream got to an awkward smile when Pawel mentions Elden ring and Sonic. But he makes long streams, I hardly think the kickback was fair, especially since he came back to it on a more serious and real manner.

I have no more words for this situation.
They just keep going without any cares for the customers and the community.

One year is passed, with no major improvements on the game.
People are still waiting to use their games on console.

But they don't care.
No official update, no comunication.... nothing.
Since they can't keep up with their own words, they just ignore us.

Q1 or Q2, make no difference.
They don't take any responsability or care. None.

Marks my word: The "big comeback" is not happening.
Don't put more trust on them, or You will be disappointed.

The late they release the next gen console patch, the better it is, because it mean increasing the zombie life of the game... Once it will be release, the decay will start... DLC maybe (if not cancel), patch maybe but sure the death clock will start when the next gen patch will be out...

the next gen upgrade will be kind of pointless without anything to do in game
why play game with no new content?

The next-gen launch would be the perfect moment to regroup and actually start laying out a rough draft of what we can expect. Once the game is on "stable footing" so to speak they can focus all effort toward "Expansion 01" and planning in "updates, improvements and free DLC's" to hold us over until then.
Wasn't the same thing said about the situation once 2077 returned to PSN and Xbox Market? Would "stable footing" be when the cars don't drive like a fridge on a road made of butter, or when the police don't spawn inside your vehicle while driving 120kmph on the overpass?

Wasn't the same thing said about the situation once 2077 returned to PSN and Xbox Market? Would "stable footing" be when the cars don't drive like a fridge on a road made of butter, or when the police don't spawn inside your vehicle while driving 120kmph on the overpass?

It's a case of CDPR's own judgement and managing your own expectations. There's certain things they will never fix. The situation is a bit different here because the game still wasn't playable at all on consoles and only now has CDPR seen a positive upturn in sentiment. Which is a sign that the game is doing well there too.

Based on the Q2 shareholder meeting we know that they have been scaling down development on post-launch support of Cyberpunk 2077 structurally. Meaning less time spent patching/fixing and more time spent on Expansion 01, among other things.

It's also based on what they said in the Q3 meeting... which is that they're really focused on 1.5 + Next-Gen and improving the sentiment of the game itself. This is also key, as ...

The sentiment of Cyberpunk is absolutely key to the future before we can announce anything about the future of Cyberpunk.

There's much more to it than the actual state of the game itself.

If I'm pessimistic, I agree with you and the workforce decrease just means they're going to be rolling out fewer updates or DLC and they'll stay quiet until they can say anything about the expansion. More dead air, no more DLC, barely any patches. Basically what we've been seeing now.

If i'm being positive it means that CDPR doesn't have to spend all of its manpower fixing the game. Then we could see them diverting a bit more effort on what's ahead.

cars don't drive like a fridge on a road made of butter

:ROFLMAO:
That's the best description of the horrible driving mechanics I've read so far.

But We'Re alsmost in mid-January now, would it really be too much to ask for a roadmap update beyond "there will be the mysterious patch 1.5 and the next-gen update - no idea what it will actually contain"?

But We'Re alsmost in mid-January now, would it really be too much to ask for a roadmap update beyond "there will be the mysterious patch 1.5 and the next-gen update - no idea what it will actually contain"?
I would like to see an actual roadmap in fact...

What we have now can barely be called that. Even before this particularly dry spell of information, there wasn't much to be gleaned from this "roadmap".

Patches, dlcs and expansions can be used to describe almost any games these days. It's not exactly enlightening as far as CP2077's future is concerned.

Top Bottom