What is the penalty for death?

+
Ofc it is not the Death penalty..

But what will or should happen in CP77?

i like the idea when played in 'hardmode' you must want to prevent it.
so.. a 3 min long music with some cinematic... (that you must sit out!)

any ideas or other options?

Ofc it is not the Death penalty..

Dang. Not interested, then.

Jokes. So, Outward did a great job of creating death scenarios instead of fail states.

If we convert that to 2077, if you die to some random thugs, maybe they rob you, or maybe a good samaritan comes along and blows their heads off. Maybe you get arrested and must sleep to serve your time, break out, or bribe an officer to escape.

Any number of possibilities, but my belief is that there should be no "game over" screens, even on death.

I think it should depend. I generally likednthe GTA approach: if you generally die, you spaw errr I mean end up at a hospital, implying treatment. If police shoots you, you usually end up at a police station implying arrest or sentencing.

I think you also lose money. Could be hard game over with reload if you had none left.

For CP I can imagine a general death screen as it is the easiest. But would it be immersive compared to the other stuff? Not always or generally no.

A compromise: it would depend. If you could get TT health insurance, instead of dying with a game over or death screen you get billed and wake up at a hospital, letting you continue organically. It is a setback without death or a hard reload. Likewise, getting arrested by police or corpos in some cases rather than outright shoot to kill or death screen. Or getting captured by some gang. Some of this would require or expect Skyrim like prison mechanics though, I think.

Top Bottom