What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You take what i meant out of context. Her appearing in the background for a few seconds has no impact on gameplay nor would it be anymore outlandish for magic to appear than it is to have actual cybertech body parts.

Yes yes it would. We have prosthesis now, in the real world. It's believable and it's backed up by actual events.

It's a moot point. Director Badowski has said he hates the question and is absolutely against the idea. He wishes the Ciri-Cyberpunk reference hadn't happened.

Gandalf wandering in from offscreen during John Wick and then flying off on an Eagle might not affect what John Wick is doing in the rest of the movie, but it sure would mess up the movie anyway. Also be silly.

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on our world - it could happen and very well might.

Witcher is not and will not.

To have limited options of what clothes or haircuts or make-up or other stuff I can wear depending on the gender I choose. I wish for all options to be available for both genders.

Yes yes it would. We have prosthesis now, in the real world. It's believable and it's backed up by actual events.

It's a moot point. Director Badowski has said he hates the question and is absolutely against the idea. He wishes the Ciri-Cyberpunk reference hadn't happened.

Gandalf wandering in from offscreen during John Wick and then flying off on an Eagle might not affect what John Wick is doing in the rest of the movie, but it sure would mess up the movie anyway. Also be silly.

If it's a matter of immersion then I hope they want to be consistent with game mechanics as well. You know, "Ciri in CP2077 is silly because she travels through space and time thanks to magic, but it's fine to magically unlock +50% DMG with shotguns when you get to level 10" is quite hypocritical for me.

That being said, I don't really care of a possible Ciri's cameo. It'd be nice to have some kind of references like Nietzsche or Schrodinger in TW3, but not a selling point and I'd rather have 100% original content.

You take what i meant out of context. Her appearing in the background for a few seconds has no impact on gameplay nor would it be anymore outlandish for magic to appear than it is to have actual cybertech body parts.

It would be a little bit outlandish, which is not a bad thing. I would really like a Ciri cameo, even if it's for a split second.

But Adam has said he hates the idea, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. His point was that we need to leave the Witcher world out of Cyberpunk and experience the world for what it is, and not play the game anticipating Ciri everywhere.

It would be a little bit outlandish, which is not a bad thing. I would really like a Ciri cameo, even if it's for a split second.

But Adam has said he hates the idea, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. His point was that we need to leave the Witcher world out of Cyberpunk and experience the world for what it is, and not play the game anticipating Ciri everywhere.

1 appearance isnt "everywhere"...Its like a Stan Lee cameo.

A cameo of Ciri would "confirm" CP2077 and TW3 being in the same universe and that they won't do. At least I hope they don't.

Because LOTR totally references John Wick...

Ciri talks about her travel to Cyberpunk 2077 earth. A tiny background cameo doesnt hurt.

Because LOTR totally references John Wick...

Ciri talks about her travel to Cyberpunk 2077 earth. A tiny background cameo doesnt hurt.

It pretty much does, actually. In the sense that it would make it clear that 2077 is a fantasy world and not our world. Ciri doesn't specifically reference 2077, which gives CDPR an out. If she'd said Arasaka or America or Night City, it'd have to be 2077. That's why she didn't.

Also, I thought John Wick was a pretty strong call-out to LOTR. Go on a quest to a dangerous place to destroy a dangerous artifact(person) that does great harm? Sounds very LOTR to me. Obviously John is Sam, though, because Sam is coolest.

No wonder cinematic universes is the rage these days. People just want shit connected to other shit. Cameos, cameos...

Her appearing in the background for a few seconds has no impact on gameplay nor would it be anymore outlandish for magic to appear than it is to have actual cybertech body parts.

It wouldn't affect gameplay, but it would affect the fiction where it is put in. It'd become a cheap good for all setup to expect anything. And that's not something I'd wish to see here. Multidimensional magic elves aren't any different from unicorns or huggy bears. And that's a cheap, inconsiderate use of the setting. It hurts it.

Ciri talks about her travel to Cyberpunk 2077 earth.

No. She talks about a visit to "a place where people have metal in their heads and flying ships". That might as well be Star Wars she's referring to.

Last edited:
They will never merge/connect Witcher and CP universe, Adam Badowski the head of CDPR studio said he is strongly against that and THANK GOD(This is not Kingdom Hearts for christ's sake.) he even dislikes the idea of Ciri appearing in CP, but an easter egg is probably still a possibility.
Post automatically merged:

My fear is that there isn't really as much choice in the story as everyone has been claiming. I mean I've read articles about how the team is working really hard to implement a lot of choice, but I truly think it will be difficult. So far I have only played 1 game that has a lot of choices it takes into account, and that's Detroit Become Human. The web of choices after each chapter was ridiculous. Detroit was a linear game for the most part. Cyberpunk is an open world game where the Devs want side quest to affect the main quest in some way. I don't see it happening; just like no loading screens, I don't see that happening as well. They claimed witcher 3 would have no loading screens. I know the game will be a great game no matter what. But like with most games, it'll fall short of the hype.
In Witcher 3 sidequests did affect the main quests in small ways and the endings so i don't see why they wouldn't be able to improve on that even if in small ways.

Last edited:
My biggest fear is never getting to play it lol. I'm a massive fan of the universe and genre as a whole and I'm really excited about it.

Any other fears are pretty minor like not having the level of control or choice that you could have in the pnp games but that is to be expected to a certain extent.

The base level of customization is there so as long as every quest has a different approach and you have full control over the choices given I have no doubt I'll be extremely satisfied.

Also I like to be the heavy usually so I hope Jackie doesn't get in the way of that too much lol

From the gameplay demo, it looks like bullet sponges are probably not a major issue if you are fighting enemies of similar level, and have adequate gear. There is no official information on the size of the city, but using the released footage, we have estimated the map to be roughly 8x8 km horizontally as a guess, which is half the area of The Witcher 3. But a city is normally a much more dense environment, so chances are Cyberpunk 2077 will still have more content overall. There is apparently also a great amount of verticality, with buildings commonly more than 200 (and in some cases up to 400) meters tall. Compared to Fallout 4, these estimates are about 2.5 times larger in all three dimensions. I do not think there is much reason to be worried about the size of the city or the amount of content in any case. :)

From the gameplay demo, it looks like bullet sponges are probably not a major issue if you are fighting enemies of similar level, and have adequate gear.
That's the problem. One of the most immersion-breaking experiences, a major issue for me and many others. A bullet in the head is a bullet in the head, it doesn't matter how big the difference between your level vs my lavel is. And what an adequate gear is? What's the difference between a lvl 12 pistol and a lvl 15 pistol? DPS? How come?
It can work in turn-based RPGs where the combat system is just a sum of strategic choices with no skill or player's direct agency (or in loot shooters where the only point of the game is looting), but in an action realistic one, it just makes no sense.

That's the problem. One of the most immersion-breaking experiences, a major issue for me and many others. A bullet in the head is a bullet in the head, it doesn't matter how big the difference between your level vs my lavel is. And what an adequate gear is? What's the difference between a lvl 12 pistol and a lvl 15 pistol? DPS? How come?
It can work in turn-based RPGs where the combat system is just a sum of strategic choices with no skill or player's direct agency (or in loot shooters where the only point of the game is looting), but in an action realistic one, it just makes no sense.

We can have metal plates in our heads, i doubt bullets go through that.

And I know that someone has a metal plate in his head because there's a number (his level) telling me that. Then I level up and my guns automatically gain penetration power and I need less bullets to kill him. Or do I need to loot a higher lvl gun which looks exactly like the one I have, but it's magically better? But not too powerful since if I don't match its level I can't use it... But I guess this wouldn't happen if I only follow missions that match my level that I know because reasons, so if I accept a high level mission I should wait 'till I match it hours later in the game. It makes sense, I feel immersed in the game, like I'm really there.

(sorry for the sarcasm, don't take it in a bad way, I don't mean to offend anyone :) )

Of course they do. Otherwise people would have stuck to bows and arrows...

The distance from which a bullet can penetrate hard material and it's thickness is mostly dictated by it's caliber and not.. level..

And as far as I know, weapons ARE lethal in the PnP game, few bullets kill everybody. Of course this is CP2077 and not 2020, but I hope they kept its realistic approach instead of turning it in a looter shooter RPG. I mean some skin cyberware that mekes you and NPCs bulletproof will be good (and confirmed from the announcment trailer), but you can't adjust its effectivness vs bullets according to levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom