What would Fix the game for you?

+
It's hard to pin down one thing. But I love immersion, so one feature that would blow me away:

Make it so when you chat a character in the street, you occasionally get some pretty in-depth conversations going. Make not every person you chat up a one-line throwaway. It would be awesome if occasionally if you chat a character enough you might make a connection and take them back to your place for some private time -- this was kind of alluded to in one of the trailers. Maybe other times they might give you a super short quest like "go get my backpack from my abusive ex's apartment."

Honestly this would be a way, way WAY better and more organic way to get gigs than fixers calling you because they happen to know you are in the gig location. Make the player interact with the City.

Hi Cyberpunk people

I completed the main story and all side quests
30 hours +-

what would fix the game for you? in your honest opinion?

we waited 8 years, is this what you expected?

what could the red devs add/remove/fix in this game it make it better?
Okay this thread is really old now, but I still want to hijack it anyway. In it's current state I don't think there is much more to add or improve aside from bug fixes and a few weapons....HOWEVER!

I do believe there should be a sequel, or ideally, a prequel, that focuses more on the gang lifestyle of the city like in the anime. I have been thinking lately and Cyberpunk is PERFECT for a XCOM clone game, the setting is amazing, the Cyberware is also fitting and the idea of recruiting unique "clan members" is also cool since you could see them progress or regress depending on how your "heists" go.

Cyberpunk is PERFECT for a XCOM clone game

Wouldn't that basically mean the Shadowrun series? Ok, that's a bit more RPG than XCOM and has fantasy elements, but otherwise quite close, no?
Post automatically merged:

So during my current playthrough and knowing the main story and side quests pretty much inside out I'm really looking for more immersive side content, basically anything that makes Night City more alive. More NPCs to chat with, more places to hangout, more "everyday" Night City life, because all the time I think I just want to delay the story and just breathe in the atmosphere. I often chat up NPCs to get their one-liners, just in a hope a miracle happens and one suddenly starts having a real dialogue with me and such. I'd rather spend time with that Joytoy who always sits around smoking under some ad, she looks much more interesting than the one you can hire and just a chat would do. Oh, and it's still a shame that romance partners turn into furniture once you're done with their quest. Sure, "more more more" is always easy to ask and hard to achieve, but the main story has always been great to me anyway, and I'm not that combat-addicted that I'd need anymore NCPD-scanner quests or the like. What would fix the game for me is reasons to just hang out longer in Night City and explore without following a marker.

Last edited:
I'd like to get rid of the random coughing and screen pain with every fast travel. It was very annoying in the end game.

Or at least an option to turn it off.

movies like blade runner, akira, dredd, Johnny mnemonic got me into the game so if the city was more dynamic like

Probably not possible most of these but
• more npcs to the population
• making street vendors actually vendor
• sit and eat at the place jackie did and maybe toms diner
• adding chances of maxtac appearing to fight cyberpsychos outside of gigs
• factions have disputes that escalate or deescalate
• working metro lines if not then auto pilot driving
• low chance for trauma team appear anywhere with a higher chance in rich areas if a pedestrian is hurt by random events or players

-fix the ads controls for consoles and handling for driving

- 2 years later and I can't stash Johnny silverhands outfit

- tabs for finding things in stash

- a better stats page because it doesn't seem to reflect all states and maybe a small ui thing to let us know the cri chance/damage cap

- option to disable auto save way to many happen

- doesn't matter at all just pet peeve but fixing hairs 6, 16, 17, 24, 30 temple hairline side would be cool and not sure if 37 is supposed look like receding hairline

- headphones or cyber headphones to listen to music out of cars

-if no fix for ads then please investigate why certain weapons handle differently because the ads is more choppy on certain weapons than others

-decent buff to the malorian its the only gun in the game i like to use despite it not being strong compared to most guns its just really cool and fun to use

- a toggle to to hide quest markers so i dont have a glowing yellow dot telling me to go there while i try exploring the city or just wander

- a toggle remove the stupid crouch indicator on the bottom right corner, we literally have 2 indicators a vignette filter and that pesky indicator

- toggle to remove the blue seizure effect it causes 2 bugs like the echo spund effect never going away and small bug makes the inspect menu get the effect as well

- A camera toggle for third and first person, i feel more immersed in the world when i see my character interacting with it over a being a head bobbling camera plus wytf add transmog if theres no 3rd person camera

- Fast traveling shows where the shops are at instead of only showing other fast travel points and thats it

- higher camera view while first person driving and no auto center or add a toggle

- probably not possible but visible gps line on the road so i can turn off my hud and know where im going without the mini map

- if no 3rd person than a fov slider or a better first person perspective to see body and arms like this one glitch i experienced for like 12 seconds

Last edited:
And hopefully not have the suicidal tendencies that edge runner had.

But that is what night city does to promises everything and never really gives anything back. except death.
I was thinking having characters like Lucy and Rebecca. As the main character even. IMHO no one in the game (or in the show itself) is as likeable as those two :ohstopit:

This isn't something I think would fix the game per se... One pet peeve of mine is how everyone in Night City are indiscriminately sporting cyber gear. I get why a Maelstrom gang banger would install massive steel legs. I get why a Solo merc would need to chrome up their shit. But the local coffee shop waitress? Not so much... I mean, let's say she was in a particularly nasty traffic accident and lost her legs. I can see why she'd want some functional implants. But I think she'd probably go for some more natural looking prosthetics. And just how many accidental amputations happen in Night City anyways? It's a dangerous place, but it's not one-in-five-lost-their-limbs-somehow dangerous.

Night city is full of random people walking around with hardcore cyber gear. Why would your local news kiosk vendor cut off his arm in favor of a day-glo robot arm? Why would a pre-teen kid need to replace their eyes with glowing Kiroshi orbs?

But I think she'd probably go for some more natural looking prosthetics
Didn't you pay attention to the fact that the richer people are, the fewer implants they seem to have ?
(Hanako, the Peralez, Yorinobu,... Except Lizzy Wizzy, but she's apart^^)

I guess, "riches" also have implants (as much as common souls) but more "natural" implants are (very) expansive and only for those who can afford. You don't have enough money, you get a "ugly robot's arms" without any kind of skin^^

Make each district feel more distinguished than the other. This has been brought up before, but why is there so much garbage in Night City? I can see it being more abundant in the lower income districts because it's not as well kept; but when you get to the high income districts, we shouldn't see so much of it.
  1. Apartments need to be a bit more rewarding. Consider the fact that some players don't use mods and actually put in the work to buy one of the expensive apartments. Give us a bit more of a rewarding feel to it.
  2. This ties into my next request that a lot of us have been asking for. There needs to be more activity going on in the apartment complexes. There should be a lot more NPC to interact with that can put V on to gigs, rare items, partnerships and companionship.
  3. Lizzy's Bar needs to have more side story related quest that stem from it. It heavily talked about in the lore, but it is only needed for a small piece of the game. Again, NPC companions, partnerships, gigs, clothing, joy toys and maybe even a exclusive offer for a nice apartment should all stem from Lizzy's Bar. This is suppose to be one of Night City's most popping clubs.
  4. CORPO needs a feel of it's own. There needs to be more exclusive tech and connections that can only be accessible in the CORPO playthrough. Not to mention, the lack of money that V had in the beginning. They brought us into a well paid V and then took it away as soon as she got to Lizzy's Bar. And why Arasaka? I would have rather seen V working for a competitor of Arasaka, which would have allowed her to keep her cash and allowed the gamer the luxuries of better Cyberware from the start of the game.
  5. Don't kill the next female antagonist. Many of us were sad when we found out what happened to Meredith Stout. Her character had so much potential. What's the point of Militech now? The next female antagonist needs to have more involvement with the story or a certain playthrough.

It's genuinely such an amazing game
it just sometimes feels empty like something's not there
as if it was developed by an indie dev rather than a big company like CDPR
I think that would mainly be Life
in GTA when someone dies, paramedics arrive on the scene to help them, there are small details like that, that just don't exist in cyberpunk, NPC's truly just feel like NPCs. Here's what i'd change

- THIRD PERSON MODE
- Available jobs for V to do (Trauma Team, Bartender etc.)
- Trauma Team Arrives when NPC dies
- Cop Chases
- Laser Tag
- More Available Races
- More Fights
- Respawning NCPD Scanners
- improve Ripperdoc Visuals, (V actually sits in the chair)
- Car Modding shop, colors, lights etc.
- Flying Vehicles
- Street Gang Drivers (Chasing them down is optional, but they crash into you)
- Respawning Cybercychos
- Replayable gigs
- Meditation always available
- Insane Cyberware such as adam smashers suit
- Improve Netrunners, by equipping them with more viscous attacks
- Allow me to max out all attribute points as long as I play long enough

Didn't you pay attention to the fact that the richer people are, the fewer implants they seem to have ?
(Hanako, the Peralez, Yorinobu,... Except Lizzy Wizzy, but she's apart^^)

I guess, "riches" also have implants (as much as common souls) but more "natural" implants are (very) expansive and only for those who can afford. You don't have enough money, you get a "ugly robot's arms" without any kind of skin^^

Perhaps. I haven't really compared random npcs in affluent areas to poorer ones. However, it doesn't explain why so many ordinary people have cut of their limbs and performed other invasive surgeries when they don't really need it.

This isn't something I think would fix the game per se... One pet peeve of mine is how everyone in Night City are indiscriminately sporting cyber gear. I get why a Maelstrom gang banger would install massive steel legs. I get why a Solo merc would need to chrome up their shit. But the local coffee shop waitress? Not so much... I mean, let's say she was in a particularly nasty traffic accident and lost her legs. I can see why she'd want some functional implants. But I think she'd probably go for some more natural looking prosthetics. And just how many accidental amputations happen in Night City anyways? It's a dangerous place, but it's not one-in-five-lost-their-limbs-somehow dangerous.

Night city is full of random people walking around with hardcore cyber gear. Why would your local news kiosk vendor cut off his arm in favor of a day-glo robot arm? Why would a pre-teen kid need to replace their eyes with glowing Kiroshi orbs?
HA! I recently started my 2nd play through about a month ago and started wondering the same thing. The augmentations and cyberware start to feel a little less cool when 90% of the population is using them. It doesn't make sense why a lot of the augmented NPC's are augmented.

There's a lot I could mention for the game but it would basically be a wish list at this point. Working with what we have I think improved AI for all NPC's would be good. Pedestrians on the street feel a lifeless and enemies are kinda dumb with little sense of self preservation.

needs a feel of it's own. There needs to be more exclusive tech and connections that can only be accessible in the CORPO playthrough. Not to mention, the lack of money that V had in the beginning. They brought us into a well paid V and then took it away as soon as she got to Lizzy's Bar. And why Arasaka?

I agree with most of your points but this is basically, "It should not be the Corpo V plot at all." Because the Copro V plot is a fall from grace. The plotline for a lot of Corpo V players is how the Corpo V realizes how exploitative and awful Arasaka was to them and how they go on to become Nomads or try to get back in Arasaka's good graces only to end up horribly ruined in the "Devil" ending.

I would have rather seen V working for a competitor of Arasaka, which would have allowed her to keep her cash and allowed the gamer the luxuries of better Cyberware from the start of the game.

I mean that's literally the opposite of the story that they presented. Corpo V also kind of actually has an arc that other Life Paths don't with the fact they suffered a fall from grace.
Post automatically merged:

Perhaps. I haven't really compared random npcs in affluent areas to poorer ones. However, it doesn't explain why so many ordinary people have cut of their limbs and performed other invasive surgeries when they don't really need it.

In Cyberpunk 2020, it's the same reason as in Deus Ex: Human Revolution in that it's a function of the economy. Cyborgs are able to do jobs that regular human beings can't due to being stronger, smarter, and faster. So it creates an economic incentive to get yourself cybernetically enhanced that poor people (ironically) can't afford not to get if they want to make a living.

Night City is worse than most cities because it's also a place where cybernetics are tied to violence as a cyborg will win against a regular person most times if only for the people with super-speed and bullet proof skin. And because cybernetics are so expensive, there's a thriving trade in harvesting them from the dead and second hand market.

One thing left out of the game was the Body Bank, though. Which is where people who want to dial back their chrome or the rich who want to stay organic buy healthy organs to replace cybernetics they regret having or just replace their normal organs. People like Saburo Arasaka can be 100% organic because he can replace any of his dying organs.

This is part of the game lore from way back in the pen & paper RPG. Cyberware is as common in the CP universe as things like breast augmentation, nose jobs, and LASIK eye surgery are now. Not everybody has them, but they are very common and if you walk down a crowded street you'll almost certainly encounter somebody with them. It's a combination of status symbol and functional upgrade.

There is a vast array of possible cyberware and quality. Some of it is cheap and barely functional, and might have side effects; the high end stuff is far superior to the meat parts it replaces. And some of it is purely for looks, like spikes or neon. A street kid might have A cheap set of knock-off optics because they look like Kiroshis and he can pretend he's a player, that have visual artifacts and blurry visuals, while a corporate exec might have optics that are hard to tell aren't natural eyes and have far better than perfect human vision.

It's just the society in the lore. this stuff is not rare at all in this Universe, but it gets rarer the higher the quality. And there's a black market for a lot of high end military grade stuff, so even that gets out on the street.

This is part of the game lore from way back in the pen & paper RPG. Cyberware is as common in the CP universe as things like breast augmentation, nose jobs, and LASIK eye surgery are now. Not everybody has them, but they are very common and if you walk down a crowded street you'll almost certainly encounter somebody with them. It's a combination of status symbol and functional upgrade.

There is a vast array of possible cyberware and quality. Some of it is cheap and barely functional, and might have side effects; the high end stuff is far superior to the meat parts it replaces. And some of it is purely for looks, like spikes or neon. A street kid might have A cheap set of knock-off optics because they look like Kiroshis and he can pretend he's a player, that have visual artifacts and blurry visuals, while a corporate exec might have optics that are hard to tell aren't natural eyes and have far better than perfect human vision.

It's just the society in the lore. this stuff is not rare at all in this Universe, but it gets rarer the higher the quality. And there's a black market for a lot of high end military grade stuff, so even that gets out on the street.

I own the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook as well as a few additional books. Even won first place for playing it at a convention back in the day, but I digress...

My point is: I'm well aware of the P&P RPG lore. I don't agree with what you're saying. It seems that you're not getting what I said. I feel that there's a dissonance in the portrayal of cyberware in the computer game. Why? Because even if cyberware is popular and even if it's ubiquitous, there should still be a solid reason for using it. There are those who stack cyberware just because, but they are the exception, not the rule and mostly belong to gangs.

Just because cyberware is common tech, doesn't mean soccer moms arbitrarily start replacing their limbs with cyber gear. It's both a sacrifice and an investment that doesn't make sense. Not everyone in the original R. Talsorian RPG lore are desperate to install tech at every opportunity. This is why it feels somewhat jarring to me to see something like a cafe waitress with massive steel legs.

here's what I need, tracking devices, i need tracking npcs, i know odd, but it's something woul;d change the whole thing. Was doing a job, short circuit. pass out, still figuring what happened, wake up to find I lost the person I was following, ongoing investigation type of thing. now I need go raw again and trust my kiroshi. Choom's out green

Top Bottom