What would Geralt look like if...

+
What would Geralt look like if...

I was writing a prestige class to use for the D&D campaign I'm playing with a couple of friends, and decided to make an illustration for it. I found the result had a certain cool factor high enough to share it on these forums.Anyways, here we go.What would Geralt look like if...
...he were an assassin...
...in service of a god of justice and retribution, who gave him divine powers...
...to go out on the streets at night, hunting down criminals in dark alleys?
My take on it was something like this:
What do you think? :)

I think it looks way cool bud!!.. Gives him a lot more "witchy" look..the cloak and eyes are very nice indeed!!!CheersVinnieMc

cool pic m8 :) I beleve it would be ever more awsome with a little bit darker cloak If hes "to go out on the streets at night, hunting down criminals in dark alleys" :)still.. nice :)

I'm glad you like it :)Though I agree a dark cloak would be more practical, the idea is that he tries to fight darkness and spread the light (justice) of his god. That is why I opted to keep the cloak in a light tone. He doesn't stalk and stab the bad guys in the back, he's more of an 'in-your-face' kind of crime fighter and uses his appearance to intimidate, too. So from that perspective, the light tone of the cloak might even offer some practicality as well ;)

Nice and impressive pic :eek: I don't think the cloak should be darker. Dark alleys doesn't mean a pitch dark crypt. It's a place of shadows and silhouettes.But I think his weapon is too large for an assassin. One of the assassin's master abilities are quickness and silence. Such a gread sword would hinder his movements... okay, I'm thinking a bit of Assassin's Creed ;D

Assassins don't like glowy stuff, I think. It's cool to have a Holy Sword Burning with Sacred Flames that Purge Imperfections but when you're waiting for your prey in the sweet embrace of darkness and shadow a large piece of glowing steel's a dead giveaway. Maybe if it went flaming only when the assassinatee had no place to run. Then Geralt could approach him, slowly, and say something in the lines of "and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!"[size=7pt]I wonder if Geralt killed Altair to get the white eagle hood...[/size]Generally yours is an interesting concept, Kaeldorn.

Aggravaar said:
Assassins don't like glowy stuff, I think. It's cool to have a Holy Sword Burning with Sacred Flames that Purge Imperfections but when you're waiting for your prey in the sweet embrace of darkness and shadow a large piece of glowing steel's a dead giveaway. Maybe if it went flaming only when the assassinatee had no place to run. Then Geralt could approach him, slowly, and say something in the lines of "and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!"[size=7pt]I wonder if Geralt killed Altair to get the white eagle hood...[/size]Generally yours is an interesting concept, Kaeldorn.
That actually was the general idea ;DBasically, this prestige class imprints an image of those he knows have committed villainous deeds against the laws of his deity in his memories and 'marks them for justice'. He will usually not sit and wait for them in the darkness, but more likely hunt them down. When he is fighting or chasing a mark, he gains supernatural speed and acrobatic skills to pursue, as well as immunity to fear effects and mind spells cast by his mark. Also, his weapon is empowered with a divine spark that deals additional damage symbolizing the wrath of his god when battling a mark. But to get that bonus he must strike while his mark is aware of him (no sneak attacks), as he wants them to face their punishment when they fall. Hence the silence of daggers and short swords is not really needed. It's not a backstabbing kind of assassin, but rather a stalker/hunter who, when he emerges, smashes his victims in the face. As hard as possible ;) (I got a magical heavy mace in our session yesterday that packs a punch against chaotic and evil enemies)And yes, the hood came from Altair. If he killed him to get it, I'll leave that in the middle. But he probably could, heh. I posted the picture I used but it has apparently been removed from where it used to be hosted. It took some stretching, stamping, smudging and darkening to make it fit on geralt's head and shoulders though.

Kaeldorn said:
... He will usually not sit and wait for them in the darkness, but more likely hunt them down. When he is fighting or chasing a mark, he gains supernatural speed and acrobatic skills to pursue, as well as immunity to fear effects and mind spells cast by his mark... But to get that bonus he must strike while his mark is aware of him (no sneak attacks), as he wants them to face their punishment when they fall. Hence the silence of daggers and short swords is not really needed. It's not a backstabbing kind of assassin, but rather a stalker/hunter who, when he emerges, smashes his victims in the face. As hard as possible...
So he's almost like some sort of "hit-man from God",rather than your typical run-of-the-mill assassin (if such thing even exists ;))...

I posted this some time ago in another thread but it might be more approprate here in fan art, and this thread.What would Geralt look like if... he and Triss married and settled down as farmers as in the painting, American Gothic.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
What would Geralt look like if... he and Triss married and settled down as farmers as in the painting, American Gothic.
I'm sorry, hon, that's just scary!
You should see the other pics he posted in the abovementioned thread... this was the first in the series, and the most harmless one. After that, he gained momentum, so to speak ;)

Nimue said:
You should see the other pics he posted in the abovementioned thread... this was the first in the series, and the most harmless one. After that, he gained momentum, so to speak ;)
Thanks for the heads-up, though I'm not sure I'm strong enough to look at those. :)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
What would Geralt look like if... he and Triss married and settled down as farmers as in the painting, American Gothic.
I'm sorry, hon, that's just scary!
Ya think so?I guess you haven't seen Alfred E. Witcher. :evil:What would Geralt look like if... he were offered a write-up in Mad Magazine.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Thanks for the heads-up, though I'm not sure I'm strong enough to look at those. :)
*hands Corylea a double raspberry juice* Here, perhaps that helps some. Just wait until he gets to "Gone with the Witcher"...

Nimue said:
Nimue said:
Nimue said:
*hands Corylea a double raspberry juice* Here, perhaps that helps some. Just wait until he gets to "Gone with the Witcher"...
Someone point me to the thread. I have to go there!

Top Bottom