What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.2 development insight]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you even care when does the update come out ?
It will be substantially more disappointing than the previous one anyways.
That is what they mean by "substantial" updates
Kek. Well would be nice if it made the game progressable.

Why are you all making excuses for them? Sorry, but second half of March is not the very last day of March. Communication is the worst I have ever seen from a company. Only thing that might be worse is EA with their "pride and accomplishment" but even EA "fixed" the stupid Mass Effect ending in less than 4 months, and that was additional content. How long can it take to fix the major bugs and then move on to weekly on the fly patches, like all other games deliver. No need for a big all in one patch.

Second half of march.... You'd better say END of march the next time, so to soothe at least some of the impatience sorrounding your community.
It's well known by anybody who has paid attention to release dates in the past by CDPR or any other game company that "second half of March" means "last few days of March".

And realistically, anybody who's worked more than a few yeas knows if any co-worker tells you "I'll have that done sometime next week" and you start looking for that completed task on Monday, you'll be disappointed 90% of the time.

Communication is the worst I have ever seen from a company.
So you've probably played not that much of videogames.

How long can it take to fix the major bugs and then move on to weekly on the fly patches, like all other games deliver.
Actually a lot. Which are "all other" games exactly?

CDPR had told a lot of BS, but they haven't become the worst gamedev company yet. Calm down, people, have your own opinion.

I fail to see where they specificly said 'Yes we will absolutely release the patch in the second half of March' for people to hold them at gun point. They said they -aim- to release it in that time period. That implies that they might miss that time frame and they didn't commit to setting a specific date for that very reason. Some people either don't understand how the English language work or they have very interesting way of bending words to their own liking.

Then they beter just told the end of March.
Just don't expect any solid communication from this company and you will feel better. They can't be trusted with anything, least of all your money ;) Another weekend with no update, who cares? 3 months now and the game is worse then when it released and the patch will probably need hot fixes til the end of time.

I fail to see where they specificly said 'Yes we will absolutely release the patch in the second half of March' for people to hold them at gun point. They said they -aim- to release it in that time period. That implies that they might miss that time frame and they didn't commit to setting a specific date for that very reason. Some people either don't understand how the English language work or they have very interesting way of bending words to their own liking.
Yes they did say "aim", but it sure as shit would be nice, if they managed to FUCKING COMUNICATE in some way, that it will come at a later time. Its not that hard. They managed to write a whole novel about 4 minor fixes, surely they have the ability to reley a line or two of actual words on WHEN the patch will arrive.

There's no need to be nervous, folks. Let CDPR celebrate the upcoming Easter properly. The polish(ed) patch might be released on the 9th of April, right? No harm done. We've all finished the game already. Well, almost all of us. At least PC users.

But I am sure we'll get an epic teaser (with enormously huge patch notes) of what's coming some time next week. Fingers crossed!

:shrug:

9th of APRIL is quite definatly NOT the end of MARCH but i guess the end of MARCH is not mid FEBUARY either
will just be yet another let down by CDPR which we should all be used to by now since they don't seem to understand the idea of deadlines and will get to the point where no matter what date or date range they give no one will ever believe them since they have never met one they could keep I'm mostly at that point NOW

NOT all PC uses have finished the game....
kinda hard to play the game when you just clip through the floor on load(changing save does not fix the issue) since the last major patch

Last edited:
Yes they did say "aim", but it sure as shit would be nice, if they managed to FUCKING COMUNICATE in some way, that it will come at a later time. Its not that hard. They managed to write a whole novel about 4 minor fixes, surely they have the ability to reley a line or two of actual words on WHEN the patch will arrive.
Yaikes... chill out dude. It's a video game. If this whole thing is making you -that- angry that point I strongly suggest you take a break from the game and/or this forums for a bit. It's not the end of the world if they release it tomorrow or after a week. They will release it eventually.

Social medias are sure, as heck entertaining during this whole lockdown period though.

The problem I have with CDPR is that it is no longer primarly game development studio, now they are marketing studio. They have forgotten what made them great - it was quality, depth and labour of love put into games. Now this labour of love and most of the money goes to marketing. It is evident when you look at CP2077. Sad.

In regards to bending words we are only following CDPRS sterling example!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom