What's that?! [QUIZ]

+
Is it part of something you use to draw a mechanism with the result that it works? Old clocks used to have it... don't know the term for it... even not in my own language :whatthe:

I see where you are coming from Petra, but no it has nothing to do with winding a clockwork mechanism. A small clue, it is not entirely unrelated to the previous object (the one that I guessed correctly). If that doesn't help then tomorrow I will post the image with the background reinstated and see if that makes a difference.

Ratbag said:
Shoe spike key
Spot on. To me it is a key for tightening (or removing) cricket boot studs, but the only example image I could find on the web was from a set of spikes for golf shoes. Same tool though, and there are far more fancy versions around with handles and the like (which have a tendency to break on the more recalcitrant studs)

Well, no, because my first thought was a microscope of some sort, but then I saw the table and it's mitred, so I had to reconsider.hmmm, have to go find something. ;Dok, try this/ these:

um ... potters' mark (before baking) ? as in the doo-dad that would later be used to apply the mark to new clay works

Yes, essentially. They're called stamps and are used to make patterns in new pottery that hasn't been fired yet.http://firewhenreadypottery.com/category/stamps/Your turn :)

I'll let someone else post the next one. I don't have pics of weird gadgets at the moment - gotta hunt them down on Google. ;)

Top Bottom