What's the point of all of this hate

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just see a lot of people in YouTube channels, Reddit forums, game websites like Engadget and Verge, constantly talking smack about this game.

This is 3 months after the game has released and these people just won't stop talking about it.

I don't remember anyone even talking about Superman 64 when I was growing up and it was considered one of the worst video games released in 10 years. May I remind that 1999 when game was released the equivalent price today would be $94.72 when keeping up with the 22 years of inflation, and I'm pretty sure none of the stores had refund policy of opened games.

Like are they just trolling?
Are they just trying to find excuse to buy because they're too young to purchase it?
Are they just there to milk likes from other people?
Or are they just trying to excuse to themselves to delay the purchase game, because they want at least 1.2 patch to come out?
Or all of the above?

Are people in today so damn salty about spending 60 dollars on a game which they were able to refund? Like if you're an adult, 60 dollars is nothing, you get that in 1 hour of work in many positions, an hour of a week that you can spend sipping coffee and writing a comment in CDPR forums (yikes that's a lot of projection), and if you're a kid, well first off, you shouldn't play the game, it's 17+, second, it's not even your money.

Now I start to feel what some people feel, getting all grumpy about some minority rights issues when they've not met single person in that community in their life.

Like I see so much complains about bugs and performance issues (granted it did happen a lot in launch date) but when I look the most recent patch played on base gen consoles on YouTube or hear people who've actually played it, it seems to run in very solid 25-30fps range all the time (granted I think Xbox one base is still like 15-30fp range from what I've seen), where pro-models hardly ever dip below 30. I don't remember having a single crash on PC, maybe like once on launch day patch and none after. I don't remember seeing a ton of T-poses either. Sure in a launch day got like occasionally 1 in 100 citizens but rarely seen ever since.

I get that people are still waiting for changes to police system and all, but when I visit a news site and watching comments, it's like participating in some cult event where they start demonizing everyone who is not them(the unproductive toxic elitist troll), liking other peoples posts with similar attitudes, downvoting positive comments, all this to keep the people in line with their belief system, almost like proclaiming to be in a special chosen position of being above the traditional lazy consumer who has fallen for the "false advertising".

I wonder if this is starting to become a meme at some point, where CDPR releases lets say a DLC giving car/body customization options and adding few quest lines and quest tweaks, and the gaming community goes ape-s*** because *Insert screeching demonic voices* "The-game-is-not-ready-why-are-you-updating-the-game-why-is-my-PS4-not-running-the-game-on-4K-where-are-the-mini-games-why-cant-I-drive-the-car-without-collision-why-isn't-the-AI-doing-this-and-that-we-need-more-lifepath-quests-[continues till your ears start bleeding]"

Every time I enter Reddit and create an account I just get insane levels of negativity from everyone, with maybe like 1 person who agrees with me, so I just decide to give up and delete the account. Then I just give up entirely and attempt same couple years later hoping the community had matured (never has).

Are these people really adults? It's like people have become unable to give coherent points and rational for their hate and just make up excuses.

I've heard so many people say stuff that simply isn't true. They say "why doesn't this game have movies?", "where's the side activities like roller coaster rides? Why doesn't this game act like Skyrim2/GTA6/Fallout 5 combined? There's not enough enemy variety (this from same people who made GTA comparison btw)? Where are the minigames (same people who complained the game not having as much customization options as Fallout series).

it's like Nintendo releases Breath of the Wild and then angry internet trolls rush into their forums and ask "Where are the mini games? Why isn't there enchantments customization like in World of Warcraft? Where the NPC's outside of scripted paths? Where's the multiplayer?" just a constant barrage of demands what the game ought to have, with no consideration of what game is about and where it's trying to fit in the video game genres.

I didn't hear a single person complaining that Doom 2016 lacked minigame or that GTA 5 didn't have enough enemy variety, but strangely everyone makes these unrealistic expectations of this game having budget of 180 dollar game which was perfectly downgraded to 60 dollar game without taking anything out of it.

Again, I get that people are upset that game got released and still suffers with half-baked police system and deaths from falling from a rock... but outside of this it's just making up stuff to just further feed into the toxicity.

Last edited:
Like if you're an adult, 60 dollars is nothing, you get that in 1 hour of work in many positions, an hour of a week that you can spend sipping coffee and writing a comment in CDPR forums (yikes that's a lot of projection), and if you're a kid, well first off, you shouldn't play the game, it's 17+, second, it's not even your money.
Most of the people in Poland have to work 6-8 hours to buy CP2077.

I get why many of them are so pissed off.

Be grateful people are talking. Because it's very easy for people to just move on and abandon the game. It shows how badly they screwed up. It's not just about consoles and bugs. It's the story narrative and the lairs in the marketing department. Do people go too far, yes. Those people are idiots. Not everyone does this. I don't come here and blast threads that like the game. Like the game. I talk in threads about all the problems the game has. Even when the bugs and consoles are fixed. The story is still going to be criticized.

The only place existing in the whole internet where people is all Peace&Love about this game is a certain subreddit (definitely NOT the official one, but one with very low level of sodium...). People is bashing on the game pretty much everywhere else. At least on this forum the majority of complaints have the form of constructive criticism, even if i'd like to see more topics praising the good aspects of the game. Just for a change of pace now and then.

This guy seriously compared people criticizing a broken game built on false advertisement to people oppressing minorities.

I was able to play the game on completion on launch day, so how is the game broken?

I already gave my opinions on police system being half-baked and I'm all for calling the game "early access", "public beta" etc because of it, but the game was completely fine even on base models to be completed.

Like are they just trolling?
Are they just trying to find excuse to buy because they're too young to purchase it?
Are they just there to milk likes from other people?

Are people in today so damn salty about spending 60 dollars on a game which they were able to refund? Like if you're an adult, 60 dollars is nothing, you get that in 1 hour of work in many positions, an hour of a week that you can spend sipping coffee and writing a comment in CDPR forums (yikes that's a lot of projection), and if you're a kid, well first off, you shouldn't play the game, it's 17+, second, it's not even your money.

Now I start to feel what some people feel, getting all grumpy about some minority rights issues when they've not met single person in that community in their life.

it's like participating in some cult event where they start demonizing everyone who is not them(the unproductive toxic elitist troll), liking other peoples posts with similar attitudes, downvoting positive comments, all this to keep the people in line with their belief system, almost like proclaiming to be in a special chosen position of being above the traditional lazy consumer who has fallen for the "false advertising".

and the gaming community goes ape-s*** because *Insert screeching demonic voices* "The-game-is-not-ready-why-are-you-updating-the-game-why-is-my-PS4-not-running-the-game-on-4K-where-are-the-mini-games-why-cant-I-drive-the-car-without-collision-why-isn't-the-AI-doing-this-and-that-we-need-more-lifepath-quests-[continues till your ears start bleeding]"

Are these people really adults? It's like people have become unable to give coherent points and rational for their hate and just make up excuses.

More than enough reason here to close this thread. Insults, attacks, general rudeness, and more. None of which is welcome on this forum as per the rules.

There is nothing wrong with opinions, or even opinions on opinions, but posts like this are simply crossing too many lines. Please try to be more polite and respectful when posting on here, in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom