Alena "Alex" Xenakis

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
ALEX_CP77EP1_Profiles_1920x1080.png

From the Los Angeles Megaplex's slums to high-profile braindances — that was Alex's original dream, but the studio she joined turned out to be a front for the FIA, changing the trajectory of her life dramatically. Now she uses her formidable acting skills in covert missions.

Check out also:
Song So Mi "Songbird"
Solomon Reed
Rosalind Myers
Kurt Hansen

Love her design!

Btw, am I right in thinking V had similar looking cyberware on her chest in some of the preview footage? Which makes me wonder if we'll get more visually obvious cyberware for V in the big update...?

Yup, a little bit but honestly I think it's just the red lighting making it harder to see she has heterochromia, plus the angle of course!

View attachment 11358025
Not really her eyes, it's probably the light/shadow effects and the fact that we see her in profile in the trailer, but the general "shape" of her face looks different (for example, her mouth seem "larger" and her jaws are more rounded in the trailer)
PS: eye reflections seem missing in the trailer too :(

Not really her eyes, it's probably the light/shadow effects and the fact that we see her in profile in the trailer, but the general "shape" of her face looks different (for example, her mouth seem "larger" and her jaws are more rounded in the trailer)
PS: eye reflections seem missing in the trailer too :(

I totally see what you mean - maybe they've adjusted slightly? But maybe not? I'm not even kidding when I say that there've been so many times in real life where people have said I don't look anything like my picture because they're not used to seeing me at a specific angle, with a specific facial expression, etc. :giveup:

Yup, a little bit but honestly I think it's just the red lighting making it harder to see she has heterochromia, plus the angle of course!
Thanks for mentioning this. "Heterochromia". Never heard of it. Always thought 2 different colored eyes was just a fictitious thing game-devs thought of to raise incentive. But it's actually a real occurrence, be it very rare. Learn something new every day.

Nice!
It's funny how all of the characters have unusual belts.
The Tetsuya Nomura school of art. Exquisite. :smart:

From Medieval, to Renaissance, to Mannerism, Baroque, Rococo, Neoclassicism, Romanticism, Realism, Art Nouveau, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Fauvism, Expressionism, Cubism, Surrealism, Absract Expressionism, Op Art, Pop Art, Arte Povera, Minimalism, Conceptual Art, Contempary Art... Dare we say the new history of art is Belts and Zipperism? A veritable golden era.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Care to simplify?

I don't know the guy. Why did you mention him?

Being ironic?

What's your point?
Quite possibly the single biggest buzzkill of a response I've ever received on a forum, certainly this one. But anyway, here we go I'll explain the joke.

Testsuya Nomura is a famous character designer, and later director, who works at Square Enix, on the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series. He is, or was, known, infamously so, to include lots of belts and zippers in his character designs, particularly from Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts. Look up Lulu from Final Fantasy X if you want perhaps the most egregious example. She has a skirt made out of belts.

In an interview, he said, "... when I first designed the characters... people teased me about zippers and belts and whatnot and I’m the type of person if somebody eggs me on I’m gonna do it more!" Nowadays he isn't so obsessed with going overboard on belt and zipper designs.

To your point of noting the significant use of different belts among these announced Phantom Liberty characters, I likened it tongue-in-cheek to the most well known video game character belt design aficionado. I blew the significance out of proportion, outlandishly, by listing the history of major art styles and implied that this was the next great stage of art history.

To clarify I like both CDPR's Cyberpunk designs, including these latest Phantom Liberty designs, and Tetsuya's character designs. Just a bit of fanciful cross-referencing.

Are you laughing now?

Quite possibly the single biggest buzzkill of a response I've ever received on a forum, certainly this one.
Sorry about that :cool: I would put down an emoji for it to not look so buzzkill-y, but I wasn't sure if you were being ironic.

Are you laughing now?
Yes, thank you :) I was beginning to laugh as I was deciphering through your poetical style of writing :D
Reading through it was quite un-belt-ing :smart:

Wonder what's the story behind her eyes being a different color, especially if she's a spy ^^

I think she is a shape shifter of a sort right?
Two different colored eyes is a bit of a reoccurring idea for shape shifters in sci-fi / fantasy.

Top Bottom