Why does Gwent not support integrated graphics?

+
Why does Gwent not support integrated graphics?

First off I love this game. I got into the closed beta and haven't stopped playing but the problem is I can't binge the game. I have to play a game and then leave and reboot and play another because if the game is on for longer than 20 minutes it freezes because my laptop has integrated graphics and Gwent for some reason doesn't support this, even though every other card game in existence does.

I can run Overwatch, Skyrim, Borderlands, Heroes of the Storm, Wildstar and Path of Exile no problem but yet I struggle to be able to play Gwent? All other card games support integrated graphics and you can even play Hearthstone on your phone. Surely Gwent should be able to also? I'm a college student and can't afford a PC with a GPU. I don't think me and many others should be punished for this.

"Every other card game" is probably not in closed beta and already optimized. And if you run Overwatch, Skyrim and Borderlands I'm sure you can afford a 40€ graphics card, which is what they charge for a GT 710 these days.

LordKish
Your graphics is probably fine and not the reason for the crashing. I run Gwent fine on an old i5 laptop when I'm away from home.

There are memory leaks in the program. It's allocating space in your RAM, and then not releasing it back to the system. When the RAM gets full your PC is using your Hard Drive as extended RAM, but it is much slower and will cause a lot of problems. You will need 8GB of ram to run Gwent without issues. It is one of the cheapest and easiest computer upgrades to perform, and it is easy to do for laptops.

I don't know what country you are from, but this is the company I use in the U.S.. The tool will scan your system and tell you what type of RAM is compatible with your Motherboard. Then you just need to buy RAM with those specs and plug it into your laptop. (If you are confident you can get the correct specs, then ebay has some really cheap second hand RAM.)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/systemscanner

Good luck!

IAxiiYourMother;n7856540 said:
LordKish
Your graphics is probably fine and not the reason for the crashing. I run Gwent fine on an old i5 laptop when I'm away from home.

There are memory leaks in the program. It's allocating space in your RAM, and then not releasing it back to the system. When the RAM gets full your PC is using your Hard Drive as extended RAM, but it is much slower and will cause a lot of problems. You will need 8GB of ram to run Gwent without issues. It is one of the cheapest and easiest computer upgrades to perform, and it is easy to do for laptops.

I don't know what country you are from, but this is the company I use in the U.S.. The tool will scan your system and tell you what type of RAM is compatible with your Motherboard. Then you just need to buy RAM with those specs and plug it into your laptop. (If you are confident you can get the correct specs, then ebay has some really cheap second hand RAM.)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/systemscanner

Good luck!

Hi Axii,

Thanks for the reply. I have 8GB of RAM and my specs are well above minimum specs. When I asked Gwent support what the problem was they said it was my integrated graphics and that is why I asked this question. I feel making the game compatible with integrated graphics is really easy (I study Game Dev) and I am just confused as to why CDPR haven't done it.

I am almost finished building my PC so this problem won't last much longer but for the time being it is still annoying to not be able to properly play on Laptop

LordKish CDPR is notorious for games that run on the heavy side. TW2 was especially bad, but they eventually did get TW3 running better. At the time when my computer was higher end TW2 was the first game I couldn't run on the highest settings. Hopefully they start optimizing once they get the core game finished. If my friend's ancient laptop can run LOL, there should be no issue in displaying 3/4 GIFs at a time which are basically what the premiums are. The game being so processing intensive doesn't really make sense for what it does.

Top Bottom