Why only the one ability score change?

+
Seriously?

Why only once?

You have implemented an entire new skill tree that obliterated my old build, on a character that had over 400 hours on it.

Which has now been ruined as I am learning to figure this skill tree and abilities out.

No, I don't fancy starting a new character from level 1

And no, after Nexus Mods has started banning people and mods for the most ridiculous of reason in order to shove their BS politics down every one's throat, when the point of mods is that you can play it your way and not someone else's. I refuse to use them.

Is this going to change or am I going to quit playing the game because of some stupid BS?

Why only once?
Only once if you load a save created on a previous version of the game. If you start a new character, it's like it always been, you can't respect attributes at all.
It didn't change in three years, I doubt CDPR will change their mind in the future ;)

Honestly, been like this since day one, they only added the one time reset because of the new skill trees, they've been pretty clear, they want "build decisions to matter" I highly doubt it's going to change at this point.

Just being honest, your options are to accept it, use mods, or stop playing because I don't see them making any changes to game mechanics, only bug fixes moving forward, which personally I'm also a little bummed about because I don't like the Skill check scaling, they've added, 20 int to merge Del's personalities, just seems way too high in my opinion, but I'm getting off track.

If you really refuse to use nexus there are other places to find mods like GitHub and a few others, but other than that I think you're out of options, nexus or leave it as it is.

Only once if you load a save created on a previous version of the game. If you start a new character, it's like it always been, you can't respect attributes at all.

A tiny correction; everyone gets a single attribute respec, including starting a new playthrough.

Yeah, I just see it few minutes ago (weirdly, I never noticed it before^^) and I was going to edit my post if you hadn't noticed it :D

They used to have a really expensive item at ripperdocs that let you reset attributes, I think Vik had it. Is that still in game?

They used to have a really expensive item at ripperdocs that let you reset attributes, I think Vik had it. Is that still in game?
I think you talk about tabula rasa, used to reset your perk points, not the attributes. It was removed in 1.5 (I think, or 1.6) and perk points reset was available directly in the character skill tree (more perk points you had, more expansive it was, if I remember).

Now in 2.0/2.01, you can reset your perk points for free and it's available whenever you want, wherever you want and as often as you want, directly from skill trees :)
I was wrong in my first post, but now, you can also reset your attributes once, in case you made "mistakes".

Top Bottom