Will Cyberpunk fully support the 21:9 ?

+
hi guys,
this is very important for me since depending on the answer, I might decide to make a huge upgrade to my pc.
So will the game support 21:9 ?

Not only that, but there are a tonne of PC gamers that own a 21:9 monitor (like myself), because it's more immersive than a 16:9 monitor. And all those people wouldn't be able to play the game! At least until a hack gets released from the community.

That said, i'm cautiously optimistic that CDPR will allow for at least a 3440x1440 resolution setting.

Not only that, but there are a tonne of PC gamers that own a 21:9 monitor (like myself), because it's more immersive than a 16:9 monitor. And all those people wouldn't be able to play the game! At least until a hack gets released from the community.

That said, i'm cautiously optimistic that CDPR will allow for at least a 3440x1440 resolution setting.
so we don't have any official confirmation regarding 21:9 ?

I've read only rumors, and hear-say of alleged tweets. Anyone, please feel free to correct my ignorance. :)

That's a bummer. I'll be waiting then, for this to be fixed.

In the meantime, i'm off to install a 800+ mod list on SkyrimSE and having some fun on my ASUS RTX3080. Could take a while before i'm back. :)

Last edited:
Is there maybe a community fix out yet? Sucks when you've pre-ordered the game in 2019 already, but you can't play it because it doesn't display properly on your monitor. And i'm talking the popular 21:9, nothing exotic.

Just a small addition, was told to wait out a mod dealing with it - since the start of the game, the UI has only visually adjusted to this resolution whilst blocking the mouse input with respective margins. It's been quite annoying to deal with, although definitely not a game-breaking issue due to the ability to avoid it by using the keyboard keys.
Made a small video to show the most common of the encounters but it is present in most secondary menus.

Just a small addition, was told to wait out a mod dealing with it - since the start of the game, the UI has only visually adjusted to this resolution whilst blocking the mouse input with respective margins. It's been quite annoying to deal with, although definitely not a game-breaking issue due to the ability to avoid it by using the keyboard keys.
Made a small video to show the most common of the encounters but it is present in most secondary menus.
I have same problem in 2560x1080 resolution. Also I need change desktop resolution to 2560x1080 instead of native 2560x1440 because game cannot force to change non-native resolutions. It just stretch it.

There have been some small things like tutorial messages that have been partially chopped off on 3840x1600, other than that - game is mostly fine in ultrawide. The only things that are not ultrawide optimized are in-game menus such as main menu, all in-game menus such as map/journal/inventory etc., so those run in 16:9 with black borders on sides. Attaching some screenshots for reference.

Attachments

• Cut off message.jpg
    Cut off message.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Ingame.jpg
    Ingame.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Launch Screen.jpg
    Launch Screen.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Main Menu.jpg
    Main Menu.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
  • Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 92
Am i missing something? Only the first pic has something chopped off. And it's on the side. You'd think that some content would be cut on top and bottom to fit the rest into 21:9, no?

Am i missing something? Only the first pic has something chopped off. And it's on the side. You'd think that some content would be cut on top and bottom to fit the rest into 21:9, no?
You are correct, I provided screenshots of the experience I have, most of the game works fine in ultrawide except for those tutorial messages. There is (or maybe was, I haven't checked in a while) a bug when game afterloads the last save after death - whole game will go to 16:9 with areas on screen sides cut off, but there is a simple workaround - load a save manually.

Guest 4478408

minor issues with photo ui not being fully accesible and intro video playing with black bars all around, otherwhise it works great at uw res.
Post automatically merged:

There is (or maybe was, I haven't checked in a while) a bug when game afterloads the last save after death - whole game will go to 16:9 with areas on screen sides cut off, but there is a simple workaround - load a save manually.
or just hit escape twice to get back fullscreeen...

Do we have native 21:9 support by now, three months later?

I still haven't decided if i will play CP77 on my 21:9 monitor or in VR. If the ultrawide support is still compromised, i might as well play it in VR, which is equally a compromise, but at least it's full stereo 3D...

Top Bottom