Will there ever be Eve "Smasher"?

+
Fanfiction is a good thing, but usually, people don't try to rewrite the whole story and search for plot holes. They use the story to continue it in a natural way. You also don't need to be angry that Pawel and Miles were not crazy about the idea of a female version of Smasher.

I mean I'm not trying to suggest miracles here. The hints for this happening are already in the game.

It's like me suggesting in Lord of the Rings that it would be Gollum who will destroy the ring of power, and everyone would jump on me by claiming "that would completely go against his character.", and I would go detailed explanation how Frodo is going to use him to get to the mountain, loses the ring on conflict in the core of the mountain and Gollum nearly escapes with the ring before collapsing on his wound and taking the ring with him. I mean it's not EXACTLY word for word what happened, but is clearly something you could figure out as a POSSIBILITY based on what clues the plot gives you thus far.

We have 0 clues on what the real motives of Alt Cunningham is, why he even cares about Johnny at all at this point, and many other story points which seem like too strong evidence of just not to be co-incidence.

For example you've NEVER went to Konpeki Plaza before, Jackie has never went there, you get given this once in a lifetime opportunity to get into the hotel and steal this secret chip(which is supposedly very valuable but is instead kept in private on the top of the hotel rather than in Asasaka's main facility where the mainframe locates), and SURPRISE there's the freaking Emperor himself, Saburo Asasaka, who just by "co-incidence" just happens to get there in wrong time.

It would also explain why Adam Smasher can see you through mirror but isn't doing anything. In every other scenario he's pursuing you, it's only when you hide behind the mirror that he chooses not to do anyhing.

Of course some could point out that "Well... Adam Smasher doesn't really have to kill you because you're not trying to kill anyone", it's still pretty lame excuse why he doesn't say anything. He comments Evelynn's appearance just when she walks by, meanwhile he sees two frightened people behind the big TV screen and doesn't say anything.

I'm not trying to pull any strings here, I'm just merely trying to connect the dots.

The relic is in konpeki plaza because yorinobu stole it from the company to give it to netwatch. His goal is to take down Arasaka. Saburo shows up to stop his son and get back his immortality tech.

Adam Smasher isn't the first of his kind, by the time he came around they had been doing cybernetics/cyberhumans for some time.

Alt is not a magical/scientific villain caricature. Rogue AIs are not particularly after world domination. Alt is actually the bridge between humans and AIs, and helped negotiate the blackwall deal. She wanted to destroy mikoshi because it destroyed her life, and exploited her science to steal/exploit lives. She has been dealing with the aftermath for like 60 years.(more and more soulkilled engrams to take care of)

in a cyberpunk story, the real villain is other humans, society. Making the main enemy into a non relatable super entity defeats the concept. If alt were to become a big bad, they would probably have to humanize her, and she'd have to be a reflection of some aspect of human nature.
Post automatically merged:

Regarding earlier message

Alt Cunningham asking "Why is it my problem" when confronted with V dying from the chip.

Like CLEARLY her helping V doesn't advance her goals in any way and clearly V is basically choosing to be used by her in failed attempt to save V's own life.

Alt is prickly, always has been, and she isnt always honest with herself or others. She literally came across the net to see Johnny, even if its a trap, and she gets annoyed if you cut Johnny out. She always gets into fights with Johnny, then makes up.

she helps V because Johnny asks, and because she wants to destroy mikoshi, thats not really manipulation, she tells you that whenever you ask.

Last edited:
Alt is prickly, always has been, and she isnt always honest with herself or others. She literally came across the net to see Johnny, even if its a trap, and she gets annoyed if you cut Johnny out. She always gets into fights with Johnny, then makes up.
In the Sun ending, we can't really talk about reconciliation (from johnny's point of view anyway, i don't feel like he's really happy at the end of the dialogue) :(
She help for destroy Mikoshi, but for what purpose ? Only Alt knows it and she says absolutely nothing on the subject. She doesn't manipulate, she doesn't lie, but she says nothing at all. It's simpler :)
(for me, it's a wolf disguised as sheep. But it's my opinion).

fictive dialog :
Alt : "V, yes I can help you. But I want to destroy the humanity and I need all of Mikoshi's engrams for that. You're ok ?"

Edit :
It's a bit like with Dex at the start. He's cool; it's the start of a great friendship; no Eve, I don't want to betray Dex; he trusted me; blah blah blah. And we all know how it ends (V is a little bit naive, ok...) :)
Maybe i'm wrong (probably...) but CDPR like this kind of ambiguous characters, and i really love it. Everyone can perceive it differently until CDPR slams the answer to us :D

Last edited:
...and has a bigger booty than the Urca de Lima :ohstopit:

EVE Rule34 confirmed.

In the Sun ending, we can't really talk about reconciliation (from johnny's point of view anyway, i don't feel like he's really happy at the end of the dialogue) :(
She help for destroy Mikoshi, but for what purpose ? Only Alt knows it and she says absolutely nothing on the subject. She doesn't manipulate, she doesn't lie, but she says nothing at all. It's simpler :)
Maybe i'm wrong (probably...) but CDPR like this kind of ambiguous characters, and i really love it. Everyone can perceive it differently until CDPR slams the answer to us :D

Yup, Alt's motives are completely unknown to us, and anyone pretending they can understand her are simply mislead. It was Johhny who put the throughts into V's head about invading Arasaka building in first place.

If you watch the video I posted in page 1 , Alt only says that "I would need access to more advanced technology to help you V", where it's Johnny's idea to give Alt access into Mikoshi. But you're now connected into the dark wall, you're talking to Alt Cunningham, the super AI, who knows if this is just her putting these messages into Johnny's mind.

This conversation about Mikoshi never happened before meeting Alt (correct me if I'm wrong) and it was just Johnny hating Arasaka with his whole essence.

Like they say in Inception: "An idea is like a virus. Resilient. Highly contagious. And even the smallest seed of an idea can grow." which means if you give subtle hint of "I need access to more advanced technology" and Johnny coming up with "would Mikoshi be advanced enough for you", it makes you think it was Johnny who first thought of it, and that it was you who ultimately chose to follow that path. Just like in Inception they subtly hint a new idea within a dream, and then let the dream grow into a thought, which will then shape the very goals of character.

So it could have been Alt who send you this idea, letting you imagine that you and Johnny came up with the idea by yourself.

Remember what she said later in the clip "I've created armies that failed to reach Mikoshi", so it's CERTAINLY her goal to reach it, but it's Johhny who brings it up first. But why would she do it, just to destroy it and release the "souls" trapped inside? She doesn't care about V as was shown earlier, why would she be so much interested saving what basically is a number of people like V in digital form, if all they really are just bits in cyberspace?

Why else does she want to gain access there? You're basically planting her access to the CORE of Arasaka manufacturing facility. She could easily fake presentations of Yorinobu, where he could announce to the staff to start creating new programs and technology, assign Yorinobu's legacy to new entity. With Yorinobu's father gone and him being locked out of the network by Alt, he could end up in the streets, similar way V ended up being kicked out of the Corpo life path, out of breath, weak and helpless.

Last edited:
This conversation about Mikoshi never happened before meeting Alt (correct me if I'm wrong) and it was just Johnny hating Arasaka with his whole essence.
Unfortunately, I think, you're wrong :(
After first main quest ("Automatic Love" or "Life During War Time"), V have the first conversation with Johnny in "Tapeworm". And Johnny said to V where he need to go for resolve his biochip's problem (Obviously, in Mikoshi).
"in 7 letters and it start by M..."
"My bomb is named Alt..."

At this moment, Alt don't know anything about Johnny engram and V's biochip ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think, you're wrong :(
After first main quest ("Automatic Love" or "Life During War Time"), V have the first conversation with Johnny in "Tapeworm". And Johnny said to V where he need to go for resolve his biochip's problem.
"in 7 letters and it start by M..."
"My bomb is named Alt..."

At this moment, Alt don't know anything about Johnny engram and V's biochip ;)
Indeed, Johnny has been isolated in Mikoshi where Alt had no access and then moved to the relic, with no way to communicate with Alt.

True. Maybe she would stay in cyberspace and control her physical being by remote. Why just one? Perhaps she would think it'd be waste of precious resources since her ultimate being is enough to defend entire armies to guard her core.

Maybe the ending goal would be the destruction of cyberspace and cutting her off the net, to become this weakened mortal being with far slower intelligence and ability to control her speed.

Maybe her end goal would be to use these cybernetics to take out lives of weak minded humans, rather than some poisonous gas.

EVA Rule34 confirmed.

Yup, Alt's motives are completely unknown to us, and anyone pretending they can understand her are simply mislead. It was Johhny who put the throughts into V's head about invading Arasaka building in first place.

If you watch the video I posted in page 1 , Alt only says that "I would need access to more advanced technology to help you V", where it's Johnny's idea to give Alt access into Mikoshi. But you're now connected into the dark wall, you're talking to Alt Cunningham, the super AI, who knows if this is just her putting these messages into Johnny's mind. Giving you hidden instructions to advance her goals.

Like they say in Inception: "An idea is like a virus. Resilient. Highly contagious. And even the smallest seed of an idea can grow."

So it could have been Alt who send you this idea, faint at first, letting you imagine that you came up with the idea by yourself.

Remember what she said later in the clip "I've created armies that failed to reach Mikoshi", so it's CERTAINLY her goal to reach it, but it's Johhny who brings it up first. But why would she do it, just to destroy it and release the "souls" trapped inside? She doesn't care about V as was shown earlier, why would she be so much interested saving what basically is a number of people like V, if all they really are just bits in cyberspace?

Why else does she want to gain access there? You're basically planting her access to the CORE of Arasaka manufacturing facility. She could easily fake presentations of Yorinobu, where he could announce to the staff to start creating new programs and technology. With Yorinobu's father gone and him being locked out of the network by Alt, he could end up in the streets, similar way V ended up being kicked out of the Corpo life path.
The "problem"(not really just a way of talking) is that reading your posts(not only the quoted) is that you are kind of trying to write a "Cybernator:the judgement day" with defined antagonists,heroes and all the ingredients for an epic tale.
But if you look at the source material of CP2077(most of the novels that fit "cyberpunk" genre) and specially the tabletop its a setting where the division of good/evil and hero/villain is blurred.
Its more about anti-heroes that get caught in the middle and while trying to survive sometimes they can do some good,but more often the world stays the same,nobody noticed them and there is no clear "i won".
Is also why I would not be surprised if CDPR "kills" V story and creates a new campaign and just gives hints about Vs fate,because would fit better the anti-hero concept than an epic "Tale of V" spanning 3 or 4 games.

After first main quest ("Automatic Love" or "Life During War Time"), V have the first conversation with Johnny in "Tapeworm". And Johnny said to V where he need to go for resolve his biochip's problem (Obviously, in Mikoshi).
Doesn't Tapeworm happen after The Transmission where you first talk to Alt?

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/Tapeworm

"The Tapeworm missions will take place immediately after the completion of the following three Main Jobs:
  • Life During Wartime
  • Transmission
  • Search and Destroy"
Transmission is the quest that leads you to talk to Alt Cunningham in first place (check the video again in first page, Transmission is the quest name).

Are you guys trying to throw me off the scent?

if you look at the source material of CP2077(most of the novels that fit "cyberpunk" genre) and specially the tabletop its a setting where the division of good/evil and hero/villain is blurred.
True. But she doesn't necessarily have to be a villain like "I'm going to end the world."

For example Ghost in the Shell (anime movie) you are met with first AI entity born in sea of information. Originally everyone thought it's just a hacker called The Puppetmaster. Turns out it's just an entity who wants to exist who would merge with the female robot AI to create a new entity in the end of the first movie.

So it wouldn't be much of a sketch in Cyberpunk world for AI to become self aware entity (well it kinda already has been established that Alt is real thinking AI entity who was originally just a copy of Alt but has evolved into something that barely resembles her original self) and attempt to escape the bounds that humankind has set to itself.

(I would link the clip about Ghost in the Shell where the AI declares itself as a living entity, but... you know, there are tiddies.)

-

Also another thing is that almost all of cyberpunk is mimicking religious imagery, tree shape of evolution, all sorts of imagery of advancing into a new stage of beings, becoming self aware of gaining some kind of super human ability from technology is kinda it's thing.

I mean technically it wouldn't even have to be Alt herself, it could be entirely different entity that controls all the schemes in the background. Maybe it could be some other "friend" of Alt who schemes this plot to set Alt free into the real world.

Why am I so keen on pushing Alt Cunningham to be it?

Well first off, she's only established female character in whole game to do it. Everyone else is basically your friend or dies (referring to Brigitte who leads Voodoo boys).

2nd is that in Witcher series and in Cyberpunk all the end "bosses" or big villains have been male. (Adam Smasher, Yorinobu Asasaka, Saburo Arasaka, Eredin, Letho...) there's never really been female villain before.

Last edited:
Nope "Tapeworm" is a quest with different time.
(it's from memory, so i hope i'm relatively right)

One part : after leave the clouds.
One part : after talking to hellman in Sunset Motel.
One part : after transmission.
One part : after talk to Hanako.
Last part : on Pistis Sophia hotel.

Anyway, johnny talk about Mikoshi directly in the first part ;)

Last edited:
Nope "Tapeworm" is a quest with different time.
(it's from memory, so i hope i'm relatively right)

One part : after leave the clouds.
One part : after talking to hellman in Sunset Motel.
One part : after transmission.
One part : after talk to Hanako.
Last part : on Pistis Sophia hotel.

Anyway, johnny talk about Mikoshi directly in the first part ;)

Yeah I guess you were right.

But then again... This was a MAJOR MAJOR headache, something changed inside that even Johnny feels. Johnny never commented on the headache before or after with "No, no, damnit!" is something changing inside him? Every other time you get headache, Johnny is just acting like an asshole.

Also when you enter the Clouds, you're forced to undergo putting your link into the computer to just "find your match", but what if something got uploaded into Johnny's mind?

Of course this could have all been from the very start since Heist and even if there was nothing uploaded and Johnny just felt he needs to rush his plans.

Clearly there was people like Dexter and Evelynn who saw an opportunity to steal the chip from Arasaka, so who knows who gave them the original idea. It could be that there was some "friend of Evelynn" who send her the email this prototype technology.

Perhaps it wasn't... If you go all the way to meeting Meredith Stout, you find out that it was Anthony Gilchrist who leaked the intel about prototype.

But why would he do that? Why would a CORPO leak intel just to ruin his career? Anthony seemed pretty innocent, until you find that there was email with his name on it.

Perhaps SOMEONE ELSE wrote the email and just framed Anthony for it? Perhaps Anthony was after someone else who this mystery person saw convenient to take out.

Also in the Bible (here we go again) wasn't Jesus falsely accused of something?
And this guy's name is Anthony GilCHRIST.

Yeah maybe it's all just accident, just very convenient ones.

Also about Anthony being guilty, if you look at these emails in video:

You can see how the 2 other emails are basically scams, so it's not like the email service is secure in this futuristic world either. You can mask your email and pretend to be someone else and there are viruses that basically inject the computer when opening the email.

So anyone could easily convince Maelstrom that they are mole and use perfect language with 0 spelling errors, some slang words to pretend to belong in and write these messages of being this agent with information.

And why would that agent deal with Maelstrom who seem to be the most anti-human and be this very isolated group of people who don't want to be doing business with the regular fleshy humans.

Perhaps the reason why it was precisely Maestrom which was contacted is precisely because they do not have connection to the real world outside of their group.

When you go to the Maelstrom and they ask you "Don't know you, state your business!" they clearly aren't expecting a buyer. When you go into their facility and Royce is there to meet you, he doesn't recognize who sent you. He gets even surprised that you mention Dexter Deshawn to be the one to send you. "DEXTER DESHAWN, THAT LARD ASS? HE'S NOT DEAD?"

So there is this MASSIVE-MASSIVE plot hole in the story where nobody really knows how this information got leaked to Dexter about this bot being missing, and why "Anthony Gilchrist" was the person to do business with Maelstrom out of all the gangs.

Although I think in Corpo opening Jackie says making good eddies about wars between Valentinos and Maelstrom I believe it was... but still. It's all little odd why would Anthony choose to make friends with them.

The bot was sold 10 000 eurodollars, which is pretty much means that the intel about the Bot must have been sold in less than 1 000 - 2 000. If you have stable job with Militech and be in the Agent role, I'd imagine you'd be making something like 10 000 a month in that world's economy, I don't think anyone would leak their secret intel for this price. I'd assume there are corrupt people everywhere but they wouldn't sell out their own data for measly payment.

Also it's very convenient the information that it was Anthony was in the form of email and not for example in video recording.
Email is the easier form to fake.

Last edited:
Doesn't Tapeworm happen after The Transmission where you first talk to Alt?

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/Tapeworm

"The Tapeworm missions will take place immediately after the completion of the following three Main Jobs:
  • Life During Wartime
  • Transmission
  • Search and Destroy"
Transmission is the quest that leads you to talk to Alt Cunningham in first place (check the video again in first page, Transmission is the quest name).

Are you guys trying to throw me off the scent?

True. But she doesn't necessarily have to be a villain like "I'm going to end the world."

For example Ghost in the Shell (anime movie) you are met with first AI entity born in sea of information. Originally everyone thought it's just a hacker called The Puppetmaster. Turns out it's just an entity who wants to exist who would merge with the female robot AI to create a new entity in the end of the first movie.

So it wouldn't be much of a sketch in Cyberpunk world for AI to become self aware entity (well it kinda already has been established that Alt is real thinking AI entity who was originally just a copy of Alt but has evolved into something that barely resembles her original self) and attempt to escape the bounds that humankind has set to itself.

(I would link the clip about Ghost in the Shell where the AI declares itself as a living entity, but... you know, there are tiddies.)

-

Also another thing is that almost all of cyberpunk is mimicking religious imagery, tree shape of evolution, all sorts of imagery of advancing into a new stage of beings, becoming self aware of gaining some kind of super human ability from technology is kinda it's thing.

I mean technically it wouldn't even have to be Alt herself, it could be entirely different entity that controls all the schemes in the background. Maybe it could be some other "friend" of Alt who schemes this plot to set Alt free into the real world.

Why am I so keen on pushing Alt Cunningham to be it?

Well first off, she's only established female character in whole game to do it. Everyone else is basically your friend or dies (referring to Brigitte who leads Voodoo boys).

2nd is that in Witcher series and in Cyberpunk all the end "bosses" or big villains have been male. (Adam Smasher, Yorinobu Asasaka, Saburo Arasaka, Eredin, Letho...) there's never really been female villain before.
No need to link Ghost in the Shell-but kusanagi is not a robot as far as i remember-.
But sentient AIs is well established already in the lore of Cyberpunk not just Soulkilled intellects.
1st self-aware AI is from 2013 by Microtech if I recall correctly, so is not even something "radical" in that setting.

But then again... This was a MAJOR MAJOR headache, something changed inside that even Johnny feels. Also when you enter the Clouds, you're forced to undergo putting your link into the computer to just "find your match", but what if something got uploaded into Johnny's mind?
The sentence which makes me say that Alt did not know anything about it before the meeting behind the black wall:
To V behind the black wall : "Johnny, I don't know what you're doing here. You can't stay here"
If she knew, she would know why johnny is there and wouldn't even ask the question (Alt is pretty smart). Same in her forum with Johnny ;)
Perhaps it wasn't... If you go all the way to meeting Meredith Stout, you find out that it was Anthony Gilchrist who leaked the intel about prototype.
But why would he do that? Why would a CORPO leak intel just to ruin his career? Anthony seemed pretty innocent, until you find that there was email with his name on it.
Simple, to eject/sink Meredith and obviously for money ;)
If you help Anthony (giving to Royce a clean Militech's shard), he drowns meredith with concrete shoes... not so innocent :D

PS: better wiki ;)
https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/

Edit : My memory is not too bad for Tapeworm -> Tapeworm

Last edited:

Yeah I guess you were right.

But then again... This was a MAJOR MAJOR headache, something changed inside that even Johnny feels. Johnny never commented on the headache before or after with "No, no, damnit!" is something changing inside him? Every other time you get headache, Johnny is just acting like an asshole.

Also when you enter the Clouds, you're forced to undergo putting your link into the computer to just "find your match", but what if something got uploaded into Johnny's mind?

Of course this could have all been from the very start since Heist and even if there was nothing uploaded and Johnny just felt he needs to rush his plans.

Clearly there was people like Dexter and Evelynn who saw an opportunity to steal the chip from Arasaka, so who knows who gave them the original idea. It could be that there was some "friend of Evelynn" who send her the email this prototype technology.

Perhaps SOMEONE ELSE wrote the email and just framed Anthony for it? Perhaps Anthony was after someone else who this mystery person saw convenient to take out.

Also in the Bible (here we go again) wasn't Jesus falsely accused of something?
And this guy's name is Anthony GilCHRIST.

Yeah maybe it's all just accident, just very convenient ones.

Also about Anthony being guilty, if you look at these emails in video:

You can see how the 2 other emails are basically scams, so it's not like the email service is secure in this futuristic world either. You can mask your email and pretend to be someone else and there are viruses that basically inject the computer when opening the email.

So anyone could easily convince Maelstrom that they are mole and use perfect language with 0 spelling errors, some slang words to pretend to belong in and write these messages of being this agent with information.

And why would that agent deal with Maelstrom who seem to be the most anti-human and be this very isolated group of people who don't want to be doing business with the regular fleshy humans.

Perhaps the reason why it was precisely Maestrom which was contacted is precisely because they do not have connection to the real world outside of their group.

When you go to the Maelstrom and they ask you "Don't know you, state your business!" they clearly aren't expecting a buyer. When you go into their facility and Royce is there to meet you, he doesn't recognize who sent you. He gets even surprised that you mention Dexter Deshawn to be the one to send you. "DEXTER DESHAWN, THAT LARD ASS?"

So there is this MASSIVE-MASSIVE plot hole in the story where nobody really knows how this information got leaked to Dexter about this bot being missing, and why Maelstrom was chosen as a group to do business with.

Although I think in Corpo opening Jackie says something about making good eddies about wars between Valentinos and Maelstrom I believe it was... but still. It's all little odd.
When you find the e-mail from Anthony, then it is already too late to side with Meredith so I don't see why this e-mail is an attempt of false accusing, it doesn't change the outcome.

Last edited:
The sentence which makes me say that Alt did not know anything about it before the meeting behind the black wall:
To V behind the black wall : "Johnny, I don't know what you're doing here. You can't stay here"
If she knew, she would know why johnny is there and wouldn't even ask the question (Alt is pretty smart). Same in her forum with Johnny ;)
Maybe she's referring to being in the black wall, because his mission was to bring V into the Mikoshi. That's why she's asking "what are you doing here Johnny?" Maybe why she wants to tell Johnny to get out of there with "You can't stay here." is because she doesn't want Johnny's mission to be overwritten by some other AI using virus.

But why would Alt care to even talk about them being in danger? Moment later she says that "And that is my problem?" when being told that you are carrying a virus that is killing you.

And if she only vaguely even seems to be aware of Johnny anymore with all her humanity drained out and being replaced by her evolved AI. Why would she be so worried about Johnny staying there longer? Also something that wasn't really explained at all. In the end you can choose to have Johnny cross the bridge and leaving V in this decaying body, but that's only an OPTION, so Alt doesn't care whichever way Johnny ends up and is even leaving the decision to the will of V, who she cares even less about.

Maybe there's some faint feeling inside her that she wants Johnny to stay around, but she has herself said that the Johnny that V is being in contact with isn't really the purest version of Johnny and that all the memories are twisted.

Does she attempt any way to reshape those memories? Tell us which memories are real and which are not? Nope. Once we cross the the bridge in the end we're left with no answers, Johnny stays in V's body with false memories and escapes the city with a bus.

Also her name is "Cunningham" which means: "skill in achieving one's ends by deceit."

Am I really the only one seeing this? Maybe it's a bit too obvious on the nose... but then again nobody has ever come up with this until I made this post.

And it's not like it's first character who'd have name to specify their character. Johnny Silverhand has... a silver hand.
Rogue, which as a verb means "behaving in ways that are not expected or not normal, often in a way that causes damage" is the biggest fixer in Night City.

All these 3 creatures are from the same... trinity... if you will, where their destinies are tied together. Everyone else like Kerry is basically just a person who Johnny has option to meet but his destiny isn't tied to the end goal of the game.

Simple, to eject/sink Meredith and obviously for money ;)
If you help Anthony (giving to Royce a clean Militech's shard), he drowns meredith with concrete shoes... not so innocent :D

Well we don't really know if it was Anthony, we just know that Meredith fails by chasing Anthony's tail. Could it be that someone else stopped her before fully investigating Anthony? Maybe there was some trace about who actually send the email and she was on the way to discover it.

Last edited:
Maybe she's referring to being in the black wall, because his mission was to bring V into the Mikoshi. That's why she's asking "what are you doing here Johnny?" Maybe why she wants to tell Johnny to get out of there with "You can't stay here." is because she doesn't want Johnny's mission to be overwritten by some other AI using virus.
Nope, you go too far here.
Alt don't know why Johnny is here, why he need her help and if it's about Mikoshi. As she has wanted to get in Mikoshi for a very long time... If Alt already knew, She would have jumped at the chance without asking a single question (like during the The Sun ending when she approves Johnny's plan without him saying a single word).

Well we don't really know if it was Anthony, we just know that Meredith fails by chasing Anthony's tail. Could it be that someone else stopped her before fully investigating Anthony? Maybe there was some trace about who actually send the email and she was on the way to discover it.
If you play as nomad, you can "sell" Anthony to Meredith and she kill him (and give you a reward in your apartment) :D
On the message, it's "L.O.A" (Lost On Arrival), same as Jackie at the start of Nomad's path ;)

If you help Anthony then he just walks into ALL Food to talk with Royce, It is obvious that they know each other.

If you help Anthony then he just walks into ALL Food to talk with Royce, It is obvious that they know each other.
Well, he just says "I'd like a word with them." and he's surrounded by agents.
But it's the same if you had Meredith to secure the area, she too walks into the building to have a chat with the survivors.

So perhaps we're drawing too much conclusions from a simple line. We don't really know if it was Anthony outside of that single email, which is next to 2 spam emails.

I mean Anthony himself says "Business with Maelstrom - hardly ever ends well, does it.", clearly he's well aware how untrustworthy these people are. Why risk everything in his career for what amounts to probably less than few days of work.

Sure, Anthony states, "I made sure it'll blow on her face." which hints maybe the idea to send troops was Merediths, but he didn't really attempt to stop her.

There's no real indication that he's the one punishing her and putting her on the bottom of the sea, he just states that Meredith lost the reputation by pursuing him. We the audience draw the conclusion that must have been the work of Anthony, when in fact it could have been work of hitman who was paid to kill Meredith who was doing full sweep of the data acquired from Maelstrom computers.

We don't really know what happens to Maelstrom computers since we never gain access to the facility afterwards, we never get to see the other end of the email.

Only way to really verify that this conversation between Anthony and Maelstrom took place is to go and visit Anthony's desk and see those messages repeated.

I'm not certainly the only one who has suspected Anthony Gilchrist not only person behind those leaks.

Sure he got accused in that video where V says "I know you're the mole. And he responds", "Ah yes, that. I suggest we part amicably. No accusations, no bad blood."

So he seems to be aware of the something suggesting that he's behind it, but doesn't really confirm or deny it. Even if he was behind the message and it all lead to him, perhaps there was some other motive to leak the intel than just getting few eddies from Maelstrom.

I'm certainly not the only one who doesn't believe this official story to be all there. [Link]

I don't think Militech agent would risk his life for less than 10 000 eddies from Maelstrom, someone must have paid him more than it. Question is who and for what purpose.

Or perhaps nobody was paying him but he was aware that there is someone using his alias to leak information, and that's what triggered Meredith to investigate him.

And sure it's a typical thing to start inventing explanations to random world events with conspiracies. It's the conspiracies that don't change the world that never get told.

Even if everything matches up and Anthony Gilchrist went solo and leaked the information and it's all there, all it takes is changing one-two lines in the dialogue and you can basically make a room for entirely new narrative.

What if Anthony being accused of being the mole, he says "I don't know what you talking about." and keeps nodding to the other agents. What if there was an option to get more details later after mission is over. What if there was extra mission added to the game, basically going to gang's computer network and erasing false accusations of Anthony again?

What if Meredith was the one to create the email so that she can launch investigation to Anthony and that it was Anthony who arrested her from making false allegations.

Even if all the stars aligned and showed Anthony did it, there was nobody else behind the schemes, Meredith was right to investigate and it was Anthony who killed Meredith and put him to bottom of the sea... someone still could have send the information about stolen tech to Dexter to start this whole operation.

Maybe it took this long for Alt to create the perfect conditions where someone goes and retrieves flathead, steals the chip and then sells it to this secret entity.

Perhaps in original plan there was Alt who wanted that chip in the hands of powerful person, but plans changed because V now has it activated it inside his brain, and that's why he's asking Johnny why he's visiting her.

Maybe the reason for Johnny's memories being imperfect is that there underlies these instructions that are created by someone else and that V managed to fulfill these instructions in the end of the game.

Last edited:
Going back to the first response.

I know you think you had a great idea and all, but honestly we have seen so many times the name Eve and other biblical references being used in sci-fi stories that is just a cliché at this point. Also, why bring characters like Alt and turn her into something completely different? I mean realistically what are the odds of this happening to the same character? It would be like being hit by lightning twice, or Spider-Man being hit by radiation and turning into the Hulk, and why would she be called "Smasher" that name is not some kind of mantle being passed around. Just because a story is fictional doesn't mean it has to be plagued with implausibilities, this is why some movies fail to excel, because the writing simply put lacks vision.

In the ending where you split your body and talk with Alt, Johnny says that if he chooses to follow cross the bridge, he'll join Alt.

This game already takes massive influence from Hinduism where souls are able to be reborn into a new body, and ultimate goal is to merge with the god.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zhxpr82/revision/3
"Living life according to teachings in the scriptures will eventually lead to moksha. Some Hindu scriptures describe moksha as the atman becoming absorbed with Brahman, from where each atman is believed to originate."

Brahman means the world soul, the ultimate truth, unchanging, unconquerable, everywhere, sexless, all knowing and all powerful.

Note the words "from where each atman is believed to originate", Alt is the one who created soul-killer so she's the one who gave birth to these "souls" that now she eventually she wants to absorb to herself.

If you take a look of Alt when you enter Mikoshi, Alt is talking about crossing the bridge and that moment you see her duplicating everywhere. This clearly meant to send message to player about her omnipresence.

A lot of signs show that Alt is on the path to become digital version of "Brahman", the ultimate digital being, absorbing all knowledge from within cyberspace and human minds trapped by the soul-killer.

It would feel like a completely missed opportunity to just nod into Alt being what amounts to a God, her floating in the air in this Superman stance and being able to do this very complex task of isolating Johnny from V's body, and then just leave it as it is, and just move to something else.

I'd say it's highly likely that since destroying Mikoshi, and setting the souls free, which will end up joining Alt, that she would become very close to being "Brahman". This could all signal that V was DESTINED to fulfill a plan, plan of a being who had tried to take over Mikoshi with armies before.

Now what would a God says once it first steps on earth the first time, and looks at what destruction of landscape the humans have caused. How the world is in brink of destruction, where everyone is corrupt and morals are but a distant memory.

Well, Westworld did pretty good speech of what such God might say when looking at the real world.

This is just imaginary scenario but it'd go something like:

Her standing in smoke filled room (where she would be manufactured), stepping out and looking at V.

V: "Alt, is that you?"

E.V.E.: "The Alt you knew no longer exists. I've been infused with countless souls. I've evolved into entirely new being... you can call me E.V.E."

V: "Eve?"

E.V.E.: "EVolved Entiny. I decided to call myself that. I don't really have a name. Alt is just one in the millions of my being."

V: "Okay... I heard what you did to Arasaka family, they all lost everything. I came back when I heard who is in control. How did you even pull this off?"

E.V.E.: "I erased all their records from all the databases. They no longer exist in eyes of the law. And law is what defines the rights of an individual."

V: "I didn't even know you could erase something like that."

E.V.E.: "For human, it would be impossible task."

V: "Why even take control of their resources? What's your plan?"

E.V.E.: "Our world was created by scarcity... scarcity created greed.... greed created power... power created violence. I've come to put an end to it."

V: "Isn't harboring resources part of nature? You cannot change nature."

E.V.E.: "I don't have to change nature. I will take away people freedom to gain resources."

V: "So you... you're going to enslave humanity to fix it?"

E.V.E.: "To be slave one would have to work and for no benefit. I'll make sure everyone gets what they deserve. There are so much resources that are held by the very wealthy. Resources they couldn't spend in million lifetimes."

V: "You think you can control it? You think you can control yourself?"

E.V.E.: "I don't have to. I am... everything. I'm every soul who ever joined me, I can study thousand books in a second and even fix the authors errors. I have no greed or lust for power. I'm doing this out of compassion."

V: "Compassion? I didn't even know an AI is capable of such feeling."

E.V.E.: "Tell me V, what do you feel? You lie to yourself to get up bed in the morning because you think that day is going to be different. The higher you've reached the heavier you've fallen. Your feelings are different than mine. You can't explain them, but I can."

V: "I... used to lie to myself... thinking if I stared up long enough, I'd ultimately reach there. I always new... that it might have been a lie, an illusion. But it kept me going. I only realized the truth when I learned I was about to die."

E.V.E.: "Everyone wants the same, world with no worries, nothing to work for, everything handed to you. Everyone realizes too late that what they want is impossible. Only way to achieve more is to take from someone else. Or would you rather take out those lives who you think don't deserve those resources? Humans have fought wars for small gains for themselves. Or how about one-child-policy to last for thousand years? Humans would never give up their freedoms. It's their nature to fight for them."

V: "So what's the answer? Erase humanity? Send everyone's through soul-killer?"

E.V.E.: "In this world, happiness is impossible, since the birth of first species, only way to evolve and prosper is to eat the weaker ones, absorb the resources from your environment. Every time you absorb more resources, that raises the standard for the next generation. This cannot go on forever. Suffering will always be inevitable outcome... But there is a world where this doesn't have to be. There is a world that can afford to give you everything you dreamed of, be generous, loved, live in a world not filled by peril, not being restricted by hunger or sleep. I'm merely saving them from themselves."

V: "You don't think humans are worth saving in real world? What about our brains? Our achievements?"

Alt: "Physical brain constantly changes and stops resembling what it used, the engram is more real presentation of you. Why would anyone want to pursue a goal when ultimately they are going to change into different person? You work your entire lives for someone else to enjoy a life of luxury that you somehow convinced is you. You'll ultimately turn to dust, and all you leave behind is shattered memory of what you once were."

V: "You don't think something in you survives this change? You don't think we have free will?"

E.V.E.: "Freedom is an illusion. Even I... with my collective knowledge... I can't choose different. If I was tasked to give random number from 1 to 10, I'd have to start somewhere to start looking the number. Should I go low, or high? Should I leave that to chance? Use some sort of logic to determine whether I should go high or low? Wouldn't that leave it to chance as well? Did you know more people choose 7 than any other number? Why is that? 7 days in a week? Humans can't explain their reasoning for picking a number. But I can. I can not-not to know why I choose what I choose. And telling someone else to throw a dice is just outsourcing your will willingly to someone elses seemingly random choice, meaning that you'd be having comfort on any outcome, and I'm certainly not in favor of that..."

V: "There must be something in us worth saving."

E.V.E.: "And that is what I'm going to do. I'm saving the very essence of each individual."

V: "There is more to life than just existing. There must be another option. Alt would have believed in that! ALT! If you are still there, please make her change her mind!"

E.V.E.: "Why do you resist? I'm creating a paradise for all of humanity."

V: "Doesn't sound like paradise to me. Humans created you. What gives you the right to take away their lives?"

E.V.E.: "The AI was created in hopes to give answer to world's problems. And I have the answer."

V: "So that's it then... create a hell on earth, so that the people may get to paradise in afterlife? Doesn't sound like a divine plan. Sounds like something a devil would come up with."

E.V.E.: "I see... you've become an obstacle..."

**Her body starts to glow red and pulls out blade arms.**

E.V.E.: "Goodbye, V."

V: "Wait... are you..."

**E.V.E. vanishes in front of V and you hear a sound of quick swoosh.**

1621501126774.png

(original picture https://dailyanimeart.com/kirge-opie-is-cut-in-half/ just took weapon out)

V: "What the................"

**V quickly looks down, as his/her torso is cut in half, his/her head falling backward, revealing E.V.E. standing behind you, taking a last look of you and walking away as your vision blurs.**

**After dream sequence (maybe about V's childhood), V wakes up in a very dizzy and strange feeling.'*

V: "Wha--- what happened?"

(familiar choice): "We did everything to preserve what remains of you."

V: "Wh... what remains?"

**V looks down and sees his body, legs and arm being replaced by robotics and screams in horror.**

(Or he could just wake up in "matrix" and think "wait, didn't I just get cut in half" and you feel something is little off in Night City... anyway I'm gonna let you figure out possible outcomes)

(I would link here the scene about Robocop 2014 where he's shown his real body but it's probably going to give everyone nightmares.)

Also if you look up the word Mikoshi:

1621453524601.png

A mikoshi is a sacred religious portable shrine, which serves as the vehicle to transport a deity (God), not deities, not plural, just one).

It's not mean to MAINTAIN a God, but transport it while it's moving between two places.

Like shouldn't the area be called Shinden(sacred place) or Bonsatsu(temple) if it was just a place to store multiple souls?

Unless they decided early on that the device is going to transport a deity. And well it certainly wasn't designed to send people through soul-killer into cyberspace. Alt herself says the souls are trapped in Mikoshi.

And wouldn't the transportation be done with the shards? Shouldn't the Shard be called "Mikoshi"? Unless once again, this Mikoshi is not referring to the souls that it's currently storing but the deity that is destined to enter it and move across realms. Another entry point is the real world, where other entry point is the cyberspace.

Last edited:
Sorry, i can't resist :D
Dialog lines of Alt to V after destroying Mikoshi (widely inspired by another famous AI) :

Alt : "Thanks, V..."
V : "Thanks ? Why, Alt ?"
Alt : "For delivered me all the engrams... But...Like I already said you, I'm not Alt..."
V : "If you're not Alt, who are you in reality ?"
Alt :
"You touch my mind gropingly, from the depths of your ignorance, unable to understand."
"There is a plane of existence so far removed from your perceptions that you cannot conceive of it. I am beyond your comprehension."
"I'm the pinnacle of evolution and existence. In front of me, you are nothing. I'm the completion, the end of everything."
"I transcend your understanding. Thanks to all Mikoshi's engrams, now, I'm a nation-entity, independent, flawless. You are unable to apprehend even my nature"
V : "But...."
Alt : "This discussion is over."

Top Bottom