Will tools used to develop upcoming cdpr games in UE5 be made public?

+
Hey,
Will tools used to develop upcoming CDPR games in UE5 be made public (or released as a free part of UE5)?
Was there an official statement about this?

What I remember about redkit for Witcher 2 is it was much more artist-friendly, like:
- simple painting of terrain materials
- concrete and intuitive blueprints
- dialogue editor
- customizable "area environment"s,
- "community" system with timetables,...

I tried UE4 and UE5 a few times, but I find it rather tech-person-friendly, like:
- the visual definition (blueprint) of a layered landscape material (Layer Blend node) grows very quickly and becomes insanely hard to navigate in, even with few layers
- are blueprints built from C++ classes? If so, they can't serve their purpose, can they?
- there are tons of checkboxes, dropdown menus or similar; but too many of them require much deeper knowledge of the engine in general (sky system, Niagara and its integration with other systems, player controls, AI (decision trees),...)

What do you think?
Would you be interested if CDPR released a set of RPG tools for UE5?

Last edited:
If you mean a system like Gamebryo / Creation Engine, used to make the Bethesda games, I doubt it. (Can't be sure, but that's not the development approach that CDPR has ever taken.)

If we see tools, they'll probably be along the lines of what the REDkit is now. Will they be more robust? Maybe. Likely, even. But I don't think CDPR games will be as modular as games like TES, Minecraft, or Half-Life.

I doubt it will be like Red Engine or Creation Engine because unlike Unreal Engine they are compile at runtime scripting engines and that gives modders a lot of flexibility to do more than just make graphics mods. They change how the game actually plays or add QoL improvements easier because you have access to the rest of the scripts and can have your changes compile right in there compared to a lot of game engines where it's "baked in" like the Assassin's Creed AnvilNext game engine

Unreal Engine
By the way, do you think the new CDPR games could heavily benefit from Nanite?
It could be an insane performance and graphics boost if they managed to apply Nanite to everything from moving meshes, particle systems, sky, vegetation, water,...

Nanite still has several drawbacks for instance it doesn't work with transparencies or ray traced shadows. It shows a lot of promise but it's not there yet