Windowed White Screen Bug

+
Hello everyone,
I have this issue with running Gwent and whenever I try to I just get this windowed white screen and can only listen to the audio.
Can't set the game to fullscreen and I've done a clean boot as well to see if any of my apps are causing the game not to run, but it's not that.
I've been getting this exact same issue with multiple games and I think that it's either Windows 10 updates (Because I have Windows 10) or it's Directx.
2 games recently I manged to fix by forcing the games to run with older versions of Directx.
Does anyone know a possible way to force Gwent to run with Directx 9,10 or 11?
And if you have any other suggestions too please let me know!

I'll quote a few suggestions from a different thread. I don't know if it's exactly the same issue there (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/black-screen-when-starting-the-game.8618140/), but maybe some of the ideas can help.

Welcome. I've moved your post to a different thread focused on the problem you're experiencing. Please try the following steps:
  1. Remove all add-ons (GwentUp, Gwent Tracker).
  2. Remove/disable all third party overlay applications (e.g. FRAPS, RivaTuner).
  3. Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.).
  4. Be sure the game is not installed under Program Files or Program Files(x86) and set up the .EXE files of Galaxy and Gwent to "Run as administrator".
  5. Disable the Galaxy overlay (only for debugging; it should be enabled for buying kegs and inviting friends).
  6. Disable your virus protection software / firewall.
  7. Close all background applications, especially Chrome (and other resource-consuming apps).
  8. Try the fix related to the Unity resolution problem.
  9. If this doesn't fix things, run a dxdiag with the 64-bit option selected and send the results to CDPR Support along with a brief description of the issue.

But it definitely sounds more like a Windows 10 issue to me.

Hello again,
I'm having trouble trying out these steps, simply because I don't know how to do half of them.
I don't know if I have any add-ons or what are considered add-ons but as far as I know I don't have any.
I don't know how exactly to repair Directx or Visual Studio.
Support hasn't found a solution to this problem yet too.
I tried the Unity resolution problem thingy, but it didn't fix it.
Now however I can't even open GOG, now I get a white screen on that too and can't even click on anything.
I'm starting to think it's most definitely the Windows 10 creators update. A ton of people have been complaining from it.
And I would still like to know if there is a way to force the game to run with Directx.

The point add-ons is referring to programs like Gwent Up and Gwent Tracker.

Repairing a Visual Studio:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/install/repair-visual-studio?view=vs-2017

As for Directx repairing: I’ve seen a few websites where reinstalling this directx version helped:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

But if even GOG causes that problem, it really seems like there is something off with your computer.
Reinstalling Windows could be the best way to go in this case.

Top Bottom