Witcher series for Netflix confirmed!

+
You're complaining about changes to the "source material" but even our beloved Witcher games made some changes. Big boobed horny princess Adda? Yeah that's such an accurate rendition of Sapkowski's Adda. I guess your point is, as long as there are boobs, changes are OK?

My personal opinion is that there is no point in simply retelling a story without a few changes. Every author's work is based on someone else's with varying degrees of originality. The measuring stick of high fantasy, Lord of the Rings, would not exist without a generous blend of scandinavian, arthurian, celtic, etc. mythology. If we go back far enough (and ignore some details) most stories were already told by the ancient Greeks, or the ancient Babylonians, or [insert ancient culture]. Geralt is not the first character to question choice and predestination. So if you love the books, don't watch a TV show; read the books. TV, videogames, etc. they all have different things to offer.

Now regarding this actual show, why don't we just wait and see and then judge it for what it is? (i.e. a terrible/mediocre/decent/good/whatever show based on The Witcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're complaining about changes to the "source material" but even our beloved Witcher games made some changes. Big boobed horny princess Adda? Yeah that's such an accurate rendition of Sapkowski's Adda. I guess your point is, as long as there are boobs, changes are OK?
Of course! :p ...also, no. CDPR did change stuff, true, but they did so while preserving (most of) the lore and tone of the books. They didn't, for instance, "current year" it needlessly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Second and final warning here about the tone this discussion is starting to take on. If people cannot respect each other's opinions, the topic will be closed.

No one is free to roll their eyes, guffaw, or deride other's arguments. No one's opinion is "right" or "superior" to others'. And no one "wins" an argument. That's not how this works.

If you're not certain that you can post politely, then it's a perfect time to take a break.

I've no issues with changes to source material, within reason that is. I never excused CDPR for some of their more bizarre alterations and it won't be any different in this case. As for the cast in general ( outside black Fringilla ), picking a 22 yr old actress for Yen is possibly my biggest concern. Normally I'd prefer someone with more life and acting experience for such a complex character. We'll see. I am glad they went with relative unknowns and haven't turned it into a celebrity-filled affair.

I've no issues with changes to source material, within reason that is. I never excused CDPR for some of their more bizarre alterations and it won't be any different in this case. As for the cast in general ( outside black Fringilla ), picking a 22 yr old actress for Yen is possibly my biggest concern. Normally I'd prefer someone with more life and acting experience for such a complex character. We'll see. I am glad they went with relative unknowns and haven't turned it into a celebrity-filled affair.
Except Superman that is... but I kinda dig his stoic, slightly constipated mug.

You're complaining about changes to the "source material" but even our beloved Witcher games made some changes. Big boobed horny princess Adda? Yeah that's such an accurate rendition of Sapkowski's Adda.
Redhead Triss and Triss showing any cleavage are on that list too.

WHITE WOLF NETFLIX 007 SOFT FRAMED copy 50.png

Without Cat Eyes
WHITE WOLF NETFLIX 007 SOFT FRAMED 50.png

Last edited:
thanks now i feel very dumb because i have never thought about dyeing my armor in black and it looks awsome

henry cavill really looks like geralt omg...i always thought he could be geralt but on the photo he looks like him, good work

After seeing Anya perform, I have faith she will do great as Yennefer. Even if she's not a replica of the game version or the book version. Looks-wise she's likable (those cute dimples on her cheeks when she smiles) and with a proper costume and make-up she will be instantly recognizable.

Fringilla on the other hand... Even if the actress is good, my only hope she is unrelated to Henrietta, Emhyr and Ciri.

Since Yen already looks like a teen, how old is Triss' actress going to be? I think choosing such a young actress throws a wrench in character continuity.

You mean the game wich practically ignores their relationship in favour of Uncle Vesemir feels?

And what does the game have to do with it anyway? Ciri is an adult there, not a child.

Top Bottom