With the expansion coming in September, will clothing get fixed?

+
Will you be correcting and or fixing the clothing mods? also are the legendary items for clothing once again have a chance to have more than one slot, or are we sticking to the foolish changes from the last update? that basically destroyed clothing, I mean you may as well run around naked and just use weapons based on the changes, I can still go to a weapon vendor and buy mods for weapons and get a weapon with 6 slots, but I cannot buy a descent item to wear and no mods at all, not sure who made that decision, but it is pretty obvious they don't actually play the game

It has always been my hope that clothing could also be upgraded in rank also.
And that was particulairly in combination with the old way how legendary gear had 4 modslots (at least chest and undergarment)

I have no problem with shoes, pants, headgear etc to have a varying max amount of slots, but I did always like the increase as cothing of higher rank was obtained.
What I always missed from the old system is how I was only ever able to toss millions of materials into leveling up my good ol' starter Nomad kit, but never rank it up to increase the mods I could install.

I also hope it will become much more expansive in the crafting department on what we can all do. Also I hope it unlocks more clothing that is currently reserved only for NPCs.

I don't think there's enough of a variety in mods, I honestly don't know what I would stick in the mod slots besides more armadillo mods and it got silly the amount of armour people were stacking.

I actually liked the old backpacker mod that increases your carry capacity.
I used to always have both pants and undershirt loaded with that mod so I could hoard loads of stuff.
But then that mod got reworked into the street cred booster thing which greatly disappointed me.
I dont always like to boost my leveling so that mod turned into an effectively useless one, and even if you used it, it becomes completely obsolete once you're maxed.

But seriously though, coming up with ideas of mods and what they augment cant possibly be difficult?!

I'm sure that each one of us can lay down a basic kit with at least 10 to 15 unique mods.

Will you be correcting and or fixing the clothing mods? also are the legendary items for clothing once again have a chance to have more than one slot, or are we sticking to the foolish changes from the last update? that basically destroyed clothing, I mean you may as well run around naked and just use weapons based on the changes, I can still go to a weapon vendor and buy mods for weapons and get a weapon with 6 slots, but I cannot buy a descent item to wear and no mods at all, not sure who made that decision, but it is pretty obvious they don't actually play the game
Well... I disagree :D
I think they do play the game and most of changes CDPR made were for the better.
Except about the availabitity of mods in shops, I don't miss the time when the number of mod slots were random on clothes or when you were able to stack mods like crazy... To the point to have enough armor to be almost unvunerable, to have enough crit chances or dealing enough crit damages to kill bosses in a couple of secondes with only few bullets...

It would be nice if they made a shop specifically for mods, like weapons and clothing. Or like a vending machine or something like that. Cuz having random drops is no bueno.

I don't think there's enough of a variety in mods, I honestly don't know what I would stick in the mod slots besides more armadillo mods and it got silly the amount of armour people were stacking.

This.

The old system was easy to abuse. Rendering you literally invincible by the time you reached level 20.

We know there are some significant changes coming to clothing/cyberware and I'm hoping for some significant increase in mod variety and with more significant effect, not minor incremental increases of 1% to running speed for example. Mods that actually complement your play style with upsides and downsides possibly. I'm probably dreaming here.

Anyway, I don't want to see the old system back. It was silly.

This.

The old system was easy to abuse. Rendering you literally invincible by the time you reached level 20.

We know there are some significant changes coming to clothing/cyberware and I'm hoping for some significant increase in mod variety and with more significant effect, not minor incremental increases of 1% to running speed for example. Mods that actually complement your play style with upsides and downsides possibly. I'm probably dreaming here.

Anyway, I don't want to see the old system back. It was silly.
I have to disagree somewhat here. The old system in concept was fine (that is to say, good foundation) the problem was, the forest didn't have enough different wildlife so to say.
Meaning: the system was good, there was just too little variety to fill up the system to make it make sense.
If the variety of mods was there, then you could choose to eother go all-in min/max of a certain stat (like armor) or you could throw on a bit of everything to be a jack of all trades.
I feel the current concept is even more lacking than it ever was. You're already only having a minor amount of slots to work with, and on top of that there STILL isn't enough choice of what to use.

I played my old save yesterday for a bit and (partically with this thread in mind) I noticed I did not use any mods anywhere.
I only had several wardrobe set created that I cycled through but was otherwise 'naked' even.

I am thinking quite a bit now of just spewing out a good number of suggestions on what I would like for mods.

I have to disagree somewhat here. The old system in concept was fine (that is to say, good foundation) the problem was, the forest didn't have enough different wildlife so to say.
Meaning: the system was good, there was just too little variety to fill up the system to make it make sense.
If the variety of mods was there, then you could choose to eother go all-in min/max of a certain stat (like armor) or you could throw on a bit of everything to be a jack of all trades.
I feel the current concept is even more lacking than it ever was. You're already only having a minor amount of slots to work with, and on top of that there STILL isn't enough choice of what to use.

I played my old save yesterday for a bit and (partically with this thread in mind) I noticed I did not use any mods anywhere.
I only had several wardrobe set created that I cycled through but was otherwise 'naked' even.

I am thinking quite a bit now of just spewing out a good number of suggestions on what I would like for mods.

firstly, I do agree that mods should be available at vendors, I dunno all about this though, I have always taken crafting as I wanted the best mods. I have never had an issue affording legendary gear from vendors or choice. As for mod slots what we have now means I have to choose, armour or utility,

Secondly I'd love to hear some ideas for new mods, that's not me challenging, I would just love to brainstorm a selection of possible mods. Don't forget this game has cyberware mods for physical fitness and to do all those things that traditional clothing mods would do.

So the variety of mods to consider and what already exists:

- cyberware - mods that affect the body and self (yep even armour plated skin, invisibility, carry weight, dbl jump, etc)
- gun mods - recoil, crit chance, damage etc
- Clothing mods - more armour, crit chance, crit damage, carry capacity (bully, deadeye, predator, armadillo)

You don't want to make cyberware redundant, in fact any ideas you have for mods should check to see if they are better for cyberware first,

I'd just like the Legendary clothing [and weapons] to be _special_. As it is now, most of the Legendaries I find have no special value at all, and I just sell them or scrap them for their mods. My understanding is that 1.7 will have Armour mods [Armadillo?] apply only to actual body armour pieces, and not clothing generally...no more torn Epic t-shirts with 200+ armour points. I have no problem with the idea that V will have to 'suit up' before a violent engagement.

Same deal with wepons. I find unique properties at Rare and Epic levels...short charge times, no vertical recoil, no Cyberlink necessary... but it seem far more approprate to have these properties baked into Legendary weapons. Right now I'm using a Rare Nekomata rifle with a sub-second charge time in preference to the Legendary I could craft, or the Iconic Breakthrough rifle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom