Would You Rather See Multiplayer Or More DLC/Expansions?

+

Multiplayer? Or Extra DLC/Expansions

• Total voters
people wanted to kill us during the game. Those people just happened to be other players.

THAT is multiplayer.

In the first 10 minutes I started playing 76 I stepped outside the vault and the very first other player there started shooting at me.
When I ran away and got to a merchant station I was just buying med packs and another guy then got impatient and started throwing grenades' at me to cut in front of me.

That is NOT "co op". And you must not have been in the official forums for months after 76 was shown to the public as most polls then showed about 90% (hey just like this poll ;) ) of the Bethesda fans (on the forum) did not want 76 in the form they were making it. I remember my Roommate saying "hell no this is going to be bad" just after they said players could set off Nuks on other player entire city of camps that they spent weeks/months making online with the simulation (destruction) power of real Nuks.

I believe I have heard these days some of this has been "walked back" with game mechanics to prevent a lot of the horrifical trolling but that was how the game was when I bought it and played... then got a refund.

What they could NOT walk back was the rampant CHEATING and so they had to lock down the game so much it took many YEARS before we saw any mods that were not just "swaps" and those were illegal mods. This is my personal concern, Multiplayer means no good LEAGAL mods because the game has to be locked for cheating.

Last edited:
THAT is multiplayer.

In the first 10 minutes I started playing 76 I stepped outside the vault and the very first other player there started shooting at me.
When I ran away and got to a merchant station I was just buying med packs and another guy then got impatient and started throwing grenades' at me to cut in front of me.

That is NOT "co op". And you must not have been in the official forums for months after 76 was shown to the public as most polls then showed about 90% (hey just like this poll ;) ) of the Bethesda fans (on the forum) did not want 76 in the form they were making it. I remember my Roommate saying "hell no this is going to be bad" just after they said players could set off Nuks on other player entire city of camps that they spent weeks/months making online with the simulation (destruction) power of real Nuks.

I believe I have heard these days some of this has been "walked back" with game mechanics to prevent a lot of the horrifical trolling but that was how the game was when I bought it and played... then got a refund.

What they could NOT walk back was the rampant CHEATING and so they had to lock down the game so much it took many YEARS before we saw any mods that were not just "swaps" and those were illegal mods. This is my personal concern, Multiplayer means no good LEAGAL mods because the game has to be locked for cheating.
I'm not sure why your expectation for 76 was every going to be a moddable game. Given the outright nature of online games, everyone I know could have told you that was a fantasy from the start. I put 600~ hours into 76 and never got trolled or ran into obvious cheating. I've seen tons of outright cheating in multiplayer games. 76, if it has a problem, is miniscule in comparison. Sounds like you just wanted to rp as a victim

I'm not sure why your expectation for 76 was every going to be a moddable game. Given the outright nature of online games, everyone I know could have told you that was a fantasy from the start. I put 600~ hours into 76 and never got trolled or ran into obvious cheating. I've seen tons of outright cheating in multiplayer games. 76, if it has a problem, is miniscule in comparison. Sounds like you just wanted to rp as a victim

Because the DEV (Mr. Howard ) AND Pete (the guy in charge of telling us what the game was going to be) SAID it would be a "moddable" game.

Wow, just wow... :rolleyes:

I can forgive you this if you are new to Bethesda games (if you just got in for the 76 PVP) and was never a fan of their two decades of single player "moddable" games. I can see how you would not have known that in that case.

No cheating or trolling in 76? o_O
I was going to post a dozen links to articles and youtube's links on this but I will just let others judge your comment on their own.
Hey, maybe you were really lucky. I know it is hard for most people to believe I had no glitches at all in my first playthrough of Cyberpunk on win 7 with a low end graphics card. I am sure I sound crazy when I tell people that.

Last edited:
I would pay money for DLC in perpetuity for this and other single player games. If every year Cyberpunk 2077 came out with DLC I would buy it. To a layman it seems like that would be easy money for the DEV (just adding more to the already made game). But I suppose there is more to actually doing this otherwise game companies would do that already. Bethesda did that with fallout 3 (many many expansion packs over several years). I wish I knew the actual real reason why (from the DEV themselves) this is not profitable for other DEV like CDPR.

I would also take higher prices for the DLC over multiplayer if that is what CDPR needs to do to be profitable.

Last edited:
I would prefer DLCs and more content, like additional missions, more interaction in NC and other things.
Of course, a multiplayer would be also very nice, but it's not that important for me now.

I don't think you all understand that this isn't fallout or gta 5. Multiplayer could easily work with cyberpunk, simply don't do what those other games did. Have region locked servers, hardware ban anyone dumb enough to cheat, and keep the game in first person view for everything except driving, have no radar etc. Have NPC corporations you could join and do stuff for, like being able to join Arasaka , Militech etc actually be able to purchase houses, and have trauma team come in and save you if you get killed be npc's or players, depending on your level of membership. If anyone's ever played Altais like from ARMA 3 cyberpunk should be like that. Night City has multiple buildings so comparing something like 76 and complaining about being camped is dumb. You can't take another game then apply what happens to you in that game, to another game.

I don't think you all understand that this isn't fallout or gta 5. Multiplayer could easily work with cyberpunk, simply don't do what those other games did.
I suppose you "misunderstood", but I suppose for the majority, it's a little bit like me > I simply don't care about multiplayer at all. Never really played MP games and I don't plan to do it (good or not, GTA5/F76 clone or not, it's not that "important").
So if I have to choose between Multiplayer or single player content (only one), indeed, without any doubt, I choose the single player content :)

Both but but if i had to pick just one, then story expansion. Internet is full of stupid people doing stupid things and ruining the game to others - nice example is gta online or whatever game with big amount of cheaters.

I have played GTA 5 with some friends and we always make invite only sessions because the public servers there are hell on earth.
People just randomly blow up your cars, you, your submarine or any other thing you own that can be deztroyed.
F76 was a disaster before it was even launched because nobody asked for a MP fallout, and continued to push the boundaries on disaster-ness up until a sliver of hope when wastelanders dropped around 1,5 years later if I recall.

So if one were to use these games as 'baseline' for how an MP Cyberpunk might turn out, due to how people act in an online game behind their anonymous attic-placed mancaves... Yeah, I think you can guess how much I'm looking forward to Multi in Cyberpunk: not by a million years nor for a million in gold bullion.

The point is not if CP could be a good platform for it. The point (problem) it'll be an inevitably ruined experience. Besides we dont need another F76 or GTA or Fortnite Multiplayer/battle royale shitstorm. If you wanna play that go play those games. Leave Cyberpunk in peace.

I have no desire to play multiplayer games at all - the competitive ones are just me repeatedly getting schooled by 13 year olds who have the time to actually get really good at the games, and the more casual ones with persistent worlds end up leaving me behind when I don't have the time to play for a month. I restrict myself to games where I can put it down for 6 months then boot it back up, load a save and I'm right where I left off (barring any major rebalances like 1.5, which doesn't bother me).

I have no desire to play multiplayer games at all - the competitive ones are just me repeatedly getting schooled by 13 year olds who have the time to actually get really good at the games, and the more casual ones with persistent worlds end up leaving me behind when I don't have the time to play for a month. I restrict myself to games where I can put it down for 6 months then boot it back up, load a save and I'm right where I left off (barring any major rebalances like 1.5, which doesn't bother me).
Jup. What you're saying brings up some few memories and discoveries on both accounts.
The good:
- I'm still having fun playing my 400+ hour playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles X for a few hours once in a while. And every time that I check my mission logs or achievement panel I cant help but sense a smile when I see the date behind unlocking/completing the "Prologue": jan 2018.
Now over 4 years ago I started that playthrough, but with many interests that intertwined I had spills of several months that I don't play.
And I have several games which I treat like that albeit with lesser time passing.

The bad:
I also wrote it in another topic. Last weekend I revisited Destiny 2 after some 3 years... Litterally everything I payed is simply no longer accessible and basically I am restricted now to several public multiplayer events or freeroam the world without objective, because there's currently not a single playable (=accessible) campaign that I own. The ones I had, inclusing expansions no longer exist and the new one would first cost me about €30 or €40.
Destiny is maybe the only game I have like this but it feel very weird to 'own' a game and yet still not have anything. Its now basically like Overwatch.
So, after having visited Destiny for a short while to familiarise myself again with the game and discovered I had zero story to play, dropped it.

Not everyone who pwns others in multiplayer must be 13yo. I played for some years Crysis 2 multiplayer vanilla mod and i was really good. Kids were crying and votekicked me from the server every day. when gamespy arcade was gone, i moved to warface which was based on the same engine so i pwned even this game. And guess what. 13yo kids were crying and votekicking me out again. Simple rule, “everyone who is better must be cheater cos iam big boy with gaming gear”. How i wrote above, internet is full of stupid people. You dont wanna meet them all. Thanks god for this forum where i feel like a fish in the water

c2stats.jpg

Last edited:
Im not interested in MP either, havent really played online since Wow legion pretty much. Im guessing im just too old nowdays too keep up :D Tend too stick with big singleplayer games so im all for expansions. Heck id pay for more then 2 if there good. Perhaps i can get another 1000+ h game outa this...

Last weekend I revisited Destiny 2 after some 3 years... Litterally everything I payed is simply no longer accessible and basically I am restricted now to several public multiplayer events or freeroam the world without objective, because there's currently not a single playable (=accessible) campaign that I own. The ones I had, inclusing expansions no longer exist and the new one would first cost me about €30 or €40.
Destiny is maybe the only game I have like this but it feel very weird to 'own' a game and yet still not have anything. Its now basically like Overwatch.
So, after having visited Destiny for a short while to familiarise myself again with the game and discovered I had zero story to play, dropped it.
something similar happened to me in warface. Ok, its free to play game, but i spent about 50€ for stuff that disappeared? Whole gsme very changed during maybe 2 or 3 years of my inactivity.

Not everyone who pwns others in multiplayer must be 13yo. I played for some years Crysis 2 multiplayer vanilla mod and i was really good. Kids were crying and votekicked me from the server every day. when gamespy arcade was gone, i moved to warface which was based on the same engine so i pwned even this game. And guess what. 13yo kids were crying and votekicking me out again. Simple rule, “everyone who is better must be cheater cos iam big boy with gaming gear”. How i wrote above, internet is full of stupid people. You dont wanna meet them all. Thanks god for this forum where i feel like a fish in the water
I think the message still stands though.
In one occasion its the 30yo schooling the 13, and in the other its the 13yo schooling the 30.
I guess the greater point is, depending on the difference the game is 'bad experience' in both cases because you either get destroyed at spawn or you have little challenge (assuming you'd want to)
And that is even not considering that type of player who goes out to purposefully ruin the experience for another player. (Plenty examples in GTA for one)
So ultimate conclusion (for me)
Multiplayer is not appealing in the least. Specifically not if you were attempting to play some mission or other and get harassed by some dumb idiot for it.
All these exames also feed the common issue that will arise sooner or later: very toxic chat channels and/or lobbies, as you already hint at.

Last but not least, then welcome between us fish :) lol
Post automatically merged:

something similar happened to me in warface. Ok, its free to play game, but i spent about 50€ for stuff that disappeared? Whole gsme very changed during maybe 2 or 3 years of my inactivity.
Examples like this make me wonder sometimes...
How is it even possible that such thing can even exist.
It feels like you get cheated on.

I think the message still stands though.
In one occasion its the 30yo schooling the 13, and in the other its the 13yo schooling the 30.
I guess the greater point is, depending on the difference the game is 'bad experience' in both cases because you either get destroyed at spawn or you have little challenge (assuming you'd want to)
And that is even not considering that type of player who goes out to purposefully ruin the experience for another player. (Plenty examples in GTA for one)
So ultimate conclusion (for me)
Multiplayer is not appealing in the least. Specifically not if you were attempting to play some mission or other and get harassed by some dumb idiot for it.
All these exames also feed the common issue that will arise sooner or later: very toxic chat channels and/or lobbies, as you already hint at.

Last but not least, then welcome between us fish :) lol
Post automatically merged:

Examples like this make me wonder sometimes...
How is it even possible that such thing can even exist.
It feels like you get cheated on.
Thanks :) Its the problem when noobs meet pros. There must be some rule that divide this two incompatible groups of players. In the past you could choose a server where you wanna play, meet the same people, make a friends. Modern games doesnt give you any option. Automatically join you somewhere and its the problem. It wont you connect to server with other beginners. No difference if you play Battlefront or GTA Online.

Thanks :) Its the problem when noobs meet pros. There must be some rule that divide this two incompatible groups of players. In the past you could choose a server where you wanna play, meet the same people, make a friends. Modern games doesnt give you any option. Automatically join you somewhere and its the problem. It wont you connect to server with other beginners. No difference if you play Battlefront or GTA Online.
True indeed. And the problem even extends to where matches may be generated theough MM (matchmaking) WoT is again a good example here. It just slams 15 versus 15 people together with taking into account what tank you choose and some other stuff, but not skill levels.
So you end up with potential face some unicums (also one such term that one learns) where you none, immediately destabilizing the balance of the teams.

Top Bottom