WOW! And also some thoughts and observations.

+
First let me say you did a really good job on this game. The game is a blast. I like the story, the setup and the game world.
The characters are very strong and unforgettable. Their backgrounds stories are also well founded. You will hardly forget the characters you meet in this game. They are created very realistic. They have movements and gesticulation that makes them very alive and original. You have managed to give the characters specific moves and personalities. Especially Takemura is very well made. You almost feel he is real. The crowd on the streets vary and consists of many different types.
The vehicles? Oh, I like them.
The graphics, sound and effects are really cool. I will not go into technical details but I know you have used a lot of time polishing these.

I haven't finished the game. On purpose that is. I stopped at the 'Point of no return' and decided to start a new game instead. This way the exitement willl have me playing the game much longer.

Now, I have a few observations to add. Maybe it can help you when you release fixes?

1. Sometimes people's lips don't move when they speak (like in cars when you ride with them). The synchronization fails.

2. It happens that you will loose all health when trying to jump onto ledges or buildings. And for some reason you can also kill your self when jumping across something.

3. Many junk items can't be reached of some reason although the icon and item is there. I guess they are located in a non-accessible layer ?

4. A menu overlay sometimes hangs on the screen when you have played the game for many hours. It gets stuck in the memory?

5. Sometimes V's clothes aren't visible when equipping them (like after Act 1 when she wakes up in her department)

6. Dead enemies sometimes speak after shooting them (because they aren't really dead or?)

7. Enemies very often shoot at you from behind graphics that you can't penetrate your self. Just like bots using wall hack. Pretty annoying this.

Other thoughts:

1. Police shouldn't go all aggressive on you just because you walk close by. You are just a citizen like anyone else and the police have no reason to think you are a deadly serial killer or terrorist walking by?

2. Killing bad guys from outside the parameter should not count as a crime (like sniping). If you snipe a bad guy from a distance you will have the entire police department chasing you.

3. Maybe add an option to skip the entire cinematic sequence" from the point where Dex shoots you until you wake up. Including the Johnny scene etc. This doesn't appeal to me if you want to play a second game to go through all this again.

4. I wonder why you have to press PRESS[TAB]CONTINUE so many times before you can continue the last saved game?

5. The map in upper right corner isn't really very useful because the dotted navigation line keeps changing - and in many cases show a much longer rute to the destination. How many times haven't I wasted time on having to drive back again? Well, there is a huge difference between having a GOOD time or WASTING time, don't you think?
The dotted line can also 'hang' as if it is confused or even perform an even/straight line.

6. The big map is a bit sensitive. If you move your mouse cursor to the menu bar the map disappears and shifts to another menu because you 'touched' the shortcut. You do this because you are pressing down your mouse button to move the map and the command is released when you hover to the shortcuts. You use the mouse to click on a destination but you also use the mouse to move the map. This very often conflicts and sends you to some random place where you didn't want to go.

7. The standard key 'C' often collides with dialogue conversations. If you by accident press 'C' during a conversation you skip the dialogue but also go into crouch mode at the same time. Pretty confusing.

8. You definitely should let your romances be free for all genders. I am a male but always play as a female (ever since my Tomb Raider days). It is annoying not being able to romance whom you like. After all this is a computer game and you, the developers, decide how things work. Bethesda has made this work with success. And I also wonder why you took this large step and introduces free gender in the character creation but don't lift the bar anyway? You can play as a transsexual both ways but your game does not uphold this freedom? What's the point in preventing players to have different romances?

9, Character creation: I guess you had to cut somewhere. But I don't quite understand why you are supposed to create a character you actually never see in the game except from looking into mirrors?

10. Shard and contacts menu: These a way to large. You use more time in these menus than playing the game if may say it this way? It takes forever to scroll down to a new shard. And when you have to hack an encryption and fail you have to enter menus and scroll aaaaaaaaaaaall the way down again.

I understand it's imperative for game developers to create obstacles that forces people to play the game EVEN LONGER. Sometimes I have the feeling this is more important than anything else. But let me state again that there is a huge difference between HAVING A GOOD TIME or WASTING YOUR TIME.

Oh, and by the way:

The romance with Judy Alvarez is so extremely nice made. I enjoyed this a lot. Such a different and surprising romance is rare - if ever seen before in any game. Thank you so much for this CDPR!

I always refer to Liara T'soni and Yennefer of Vengerberg's romances when I have to state examples of how things should be done. But Judy's romance is now added to the list of the very best in all the game I've ever played.

Sincerely

Mushashi7
Post automatically merged:

I have to add some more roses for the CDPR team before I forget it:

The most surprising scene I've experienced so far is the one with visiting Skye (Skye/Angel, I chose Skye) where she digs right into V's inner self. This scene is maybe the most intense, if not THE most intense, I've encountered in any game. I get goosebumps every time I just think about it. So close and deep.
The intimacy and twist of the dialogue is amazingly well done. There's a mood, feeling, atmosphere in this one that someone in the CDPR team hit right on the spot. Whomever made this is a genius in my eyes (So, thanks goes to you, unknown person...).

The second scene I would like to mention is the one where you ride with Panam Palmer in her car. You chat some while you drive through the landscape, but there's also this natural silence mixed into this one. It makes it really realistic. It's these kind of scenes that marks a really good game. I found my self enjoying this short break a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom