Xbox Series X Game Crash

+
I have had my game crash to dashboard twice in the past day on my Xbox Series X in Performance Mode. The first time was after exiting the elevator in V's apartment building for the first time. The second crash was during the car ride with Dex after a handful of weird black bar/block graphical glitches making the car interior extremely dark. Both times relaunching the game appeared to solve the issues.

i've been having a lot of stability issues and even console shutdowns at random times as well, but on Ray Tracing mode. Performance has been pretty clean.

I have had my game crash to dashboard twice in the past day on my Xbox Series X in Performance Mode. The first time was after exiting the elevator in V's apartment building for the first time. The second crash was during the car ride with Dex after a handful of weird black bar/block graphical glitches making the car interior extremely dark. Both times relaunching the game appeared to solve the issues.
No crashes but it feels more lifeless around the city, this patch really hasn’t brought that much to the table

Dear Devs.

I am new to these forums, and cannot create a new thread, so apologies in advance for posting on the series X thread. :(

I am playing Cyberpunk on the Xbox S (not series), and it works absolutely brilliantly. Gorgeous game, guys! Thanks. (y)(y)

However, in my first chat with DEXTER in the car, my game ALWAYS crashes!! :( It's ALWAYS after the SHARD presentation starts and the particle effects start animating characters - then boom! Crash to home screen.

I have cleaned the cache, delected user/game data, downloaded from cloud, dropped all gfx settings on the xbox to OFF, waiting for different times of the day to minimize external lights and load, staring at my shoes to minimize loading of street resources., cleaned Blu-Ray persistent cache. Nothing works.

Sadly, the particle animated imagery is a MANDATORY forced visual, and it just crashes at that point. (I'm assuming here it's the particle effects, it could be a corrupt missing file, or bad sound file, etc. Can we get a file verifier on the xbox please?)

I know the story is a linear rollercoaster ride, and you want to tell a story to us in immersive mode, and I'm fine with that, but preventing us from SKIPPING (via the B button) is unnecessary and just adds to the problems, as we all kinda know how to play games, and if we wish to skip something we already have reloaded dozens of times, then please let us.

Now I am stuck in the early stages of the game just running around town and killing random bandits. I cannot progress further. Please patch this. :(

I have also left comments on the Xbox Ratings & Reviews section, please do read that if possible. We could all benefit from some more SETTINGS preferences such as toggling/reducing//tweaking: Number of Particles, Light Sources, LOD distances, Reduction of non-essential NPC population, reduction of Cloth/Hair animation, Liquid dynamics, physics, reflections, etc. It should be a simple matter to add these to the SETTINGS MENU.

Finally, regarding our full n*d*ty preferences, even though it works in the Char Menu, during the actual world, photomode, and mirror mode, the game overrides our prefs and adds some knickers! Please remove! :LOL: Thanks!

Last edited:
However, in my first chat with DEXTER in the car, my game ALWAYS crashes!! :( It's ALWAYS after the SHARD presentation starts and the particle effects start animating characters - then boom! Crash to home screen.

I have cleaned the cache, delected user/game data, downloaded from cloud, dropped all gfx settings on the xbox to OFF, waiting for different times of the day to minimize external lights and load, staring at my shoes to minimize loading of street resources., cleaned Blu-Ray persistent cache. Nothing works.
Weird :(
It's on a "new" save started in 1.5 ?
At least you can either try to re-start a new playthrough (or at least loading a save way "older", like before leaving the apartment and meet Viktor), either re-installing the game (uninstall, clean the cache, re-install and even start a new playthrough). Because on Xbox, there is not much that players can do by their own.
If you want to contact directly the support, you can do it there ;)

my game is turning off the xbox series x several times, during a mission it closed twice in the same place, I returned the save one hour and continued playing, after that it closed again at another time. I uninstalled and installed the game again, I created a new save and during the prologue the game turned off the console again

my game is turning off the xbox series x several times, during a mission it closed twice in the same place, I returned the save one hour and continued playing, after that it closed again at another time. I uninstalled and installed the game again, I created a new save and during the prologue the game turned off the console again
It very strange and annoying :(
So far so good on my side on Series X, about 62hrs in 1.5 and no crashes nor freezes.

what mode are you playing in? performance or ray tracing?

I already did what support says in this link https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/xbox/sp-technical/issue/1763/my-game-crashes-8
but it keeps turning off the console.
Performances for wandering in the city and during fights (so the most of the time) and in Ray-Tracing during quests/dialogues.
And with other games ? No problem ?
The temp ? For me in France, the console can't overheat currently^^
Post automatically merged:

The only things that I can see who can differ between us could be :
  • How the console is installed and the environment (for me, vertically placed on a table with nothing around).
  • The language obviously.
  • And if you have a disc version with the patch on it or a digital copy (for me digital copy).
  • And maybe the Xbox OS, but I doubt.

Last edited:
Performances for wandering in the city and during fights (so the most of the time) and in Ray-Tracing during quests/dialogues.
And with other games ? No problem ?
The temp ? For me in France, the console can't overheat currently^^
Post automatically merged:

The only things that I can see who can differ between us could be :
  • How the console is installed and the environment (for me, vertically placed on a table with nothing around).
  • The language obviously.
  • And if you have a disc version with the patch on it or a digital copy (for me digital copy).
  • And maybe the Xbox OS, but I doubt.
my console is on a vertical table too, with nothing close and with plenty of space to ventilate
my game is digital copy.
I never had much problems in other games, the most I had was some crash and closing (skyrim with mods) but turning off the entire console is the first time, only in cyberpunk it really happens.

I've thought about getting into xbox support to get some information too.

I've thought about getting into xbox support to get some information too.
Yep, because honestly the game run without any problem for me. Maybe the beginnings of a more serious problem to come (Cyberpunk is rather greedy as a game compared to some others.
On other games I could experimented some crashes to the dashboard randomly (recently, few ones on TW3, few ones on Greedfall, few ones on ME-LE but not since the last Xbox update). But for now, fingers crossed, none on Cyberpunk :)

Hello everybody. I played cyberpunk 2077 from October 2021 until mid February. I downloaded patch 1.5 and now it doesn't even let me start a new game. Crash after choosing nomad / street kid / corporative. I have already: installed / reinstalled 5 times - removed / re-entered account / rebooted / cleaned mac / deleted previous saves / reset to factory settings. Anything. Cyberpunk broke after patch 1.5. All other games work. I spent 70 euros when the game came out. For the sake of consideration, I also downloaded the digital version from the microsoft store. Anything. It does not work. It crashes and returns to the dashboard. IT IS USELESS TO WRITE TO CD PROJEKT TECHNICAL SUPPORT BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS GIVE THE USUAL ANSWERS. I've tried everything by now. The only hope is that CD PROJEKT will read these posts and release another corrective patch for xbox series x. Anyone have the same problems? Anyone have any tips / solutions? The game only works for Mr. LEKILL

Hello everybody. I played cyberpunk 2077 from October 2021 until mid February. I downloaded patch 1.5 and now it doesn't even let me start a new game. Crash after choosing nomad / street kid / corporative. I have already: installed / reinstalled 5 times - removed / re-entered account / rebooted / cleaned mac / deleted previous saves / reset to factory settings. Anything. Cyberpunk broke after patch 1.5. All other games work. I spent 70 euros when the game came out. For the sake of consideration, I also downloaded the digital version from the microsoft store. Anything. It does not work. It crashes and returns to the dashboard. IT IS USELESS TO WRITE TO CD PROJEKT TECHNICAL SUPPORT BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS GIVE THE USUAL ANSWERS. I've tried everything by now. The only hope is that CD PROJEKT will read these posts and release another corrective patch for xbox series x. Anyone have the same problems? Anyone have any tips / solutions? The game only works for Mr. LEKILL
Hi Caranvero,
Yes, I am having this exact problem. I am still trying everything that the CDProject red support are telling me. Today I did a full factory restore, stopped using my expansion drive and elite controller and stopped it syncing my data after I did the full reinstall.

Still the same issue, crashes after picking background while trying to load the character builder.

Incredibly frustrating.

Hi piechucker. Thank you for your answer. I thought I was the only one with this problem! I played for nearly 700 hours, reached level 35, found fabulous legendary items with patch 1.31. After patch 1.5 I lost everything, even all the saves. Were you able to send a video to cd projekt? So maybe they see the crap they made. In any case, nothing works for me. I hope they fix this mess. If cd projekt's advice works, please tell me something. I was really enjoying cyberpunk! I have sent several posts around. If I know something new too, I'll tell you.
Thank you

Hi piechucker. Thank you for your answer. I thought I was the only one with this problem! I played for nearly 700 hours, reached level 35, found fabulous legendary items with patch 1.31. After patch 1.5 I lost everything, even all the saves. Were you able to send a video to cd projekt? So maybe they see the crap they made. In any case, nothing works for me. I hope they fix this mess. If cd projekt's advice works, please tell me something. I was really enjoying cyberpunk! I have sent several posts around. If I know something new too, I'll tell you.
Thank you
Thanks caravanero, I will let you know if I finally get it working. Whether through my own experimentation or some belated wisdom from cdproject red. Sadly, I am not holding my breath.

Top Bottom