Your favourite card of each faction

+
I think it would be healthy with some positivity about the things we actually like in Gwent rather than just concerns about the things which we don't, although those things have their place as well.

So as the title says, your favourite card of each faction, or at least as many factions as you can think of. And to clarify this is mainly about how much you like the ability of the card although I'm sure that the current power level, card art, decks which the card is associated with etc etc will affect people's choices as well.

My picks:
Monsters - Keltullis
Nilfgaard - Kingslayer (honourable mention to Phillipe as a close second)
Northern Realms - Draug
Scoia'tael - Milva: Sharpshooter
Skellige - Arnachad
Syndicate - Salamander
Neutrals - Madoc

I'm sure there are people that will consider some of my own choices toxic but I think for me personally there is a trend in really liking cards that forces your opponent to stop and think and perhaps play differently from how they otherwise would.

Looking forward to see what others will pick=)

Last edited:
NR - Cursed Knight
NG - Old Magne Division (art is beautiful and so was its ability before yesterday’s change). Now it’s Slave Infantry :)
SY - Fallen Rayla
MO - Frightener
SC - Eldain (premium version has gorgeous soundtrack from Thronebreaker, also the art is great).
SK - Corrupted Flaminica
Neutral - Matta Hu’uri (just look at her dance :) )

I’m going to cheat and list my ten favorite cards — the factions that do not make this list are not necessarily disliked, but they have no cards that stick out to me.
  1. Villentrentenmerth (Neutral) — so many interesting tactical plays arise
  2. Ihuarraquax (Neutral) — the best counter to many of the most binary decks — not to mention its ease of pronounciation and spelling :)
  3. Artis (SK) — unique effect which totally changes the game
  4. Sukrus (SK) — several interesting combos
  5. Wererat (MO) —interesting options and interactions
  6. Havfrue Singer (SK) — a card to represent the healing mechanism — a mechanism I really appreciate.
  7. Ciri, just plain Ciri (Neutral)— a card that emphasizes the strategic (over the tactical) aspect of the game.
  8. Unseen Elder (MO) — I love the card (especially with devotion) even though I generally dislike the archetype.
  9. Dire Bear (SK) — another card forcing balance between benefit and drawback, but one with surprising defensive uses.
  10. Fruits of Ysgith (MO leader) — a very unflashy leader with significant versatility.
  11. (Honorable Mention) I can’t pass up mention of Keltullis (MO) who adds a new dimension to the game.

NG: Affan Hillergrand/ Ard Feainn Crossbowman
SY: "Truly extraordinaire" Professor
SK: Skjordal Drummond
MO: Viy (mostly because of the art)
ST: Gezras of Leyda
NR: Draug
Neutrals: Vigo's Muzzle/ Phoenix

MO - the one special that kills the weakest enemy unit
NR - the Immortals. Or the queensguard

WIP.

Top Bottom