BUG: wcc_lite long path names error

+
BUG: wcc_lite long path names error

most probable cause is long path names not using the \\?\ prefix.

ie:

[2015.08.15 13:27:05][Error][WCC]Failed to create output unbundled file'

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\Uncooked\environment\decorations\decoration_sets\houses\novigrad_houses\poor_woodenroof_loam_roofa\decoration_set_poor_woodenroof_loam_roofa\meshes\deco_set_poor_woodenroof_loam_roofa_f1_wall_b.w2mesh

'!
[2015.08.15 13:27:05][Error][WCC] Failed to unbundle file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\content\content1\bundles\blob.bundle'!

path is 260 chars + 1 null char = 261, exceeding the 260 char path limit.

setting the -outdir to "C:\uncooked" resolved the issue.

in hindsight, exceeding the 'standard' path limit may be problematic when transferring files, but some warning in the log file as such when the path exceeds the limit would be helpful, not necessary however.

Last edited:
most probable cause is long path names not using the \\?\ prefix.

ie:

path is 260 chars + 1 null char = 261, exceeding the 260 char path limit.

setting the -outdir to "C:\uncooked" resolved the issue.

in hindsight, exceeding the 'standard' path limit may be problematic when transferring files, but some warning in the log file as such when the path exceeds the limit would be helpful, not necessary however.

Easy solution is to use the dos SUBST command. At a command prompt type SUBST <free drive letter>: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\The Witcher 3". That will reduce the path so that error won't occur.

if the path chars limit exceed 260 chars is this case i read at many forums about Long path tool, long path names issues may be resolved with this tool, however i do not know about its behavior at Linux platform.

if the path chars limit exceed 260 chars is this case i read at many forums about Long path tool, long path names issues may be resolved with this tool, however i do not know about its behavior at Linux platform.

I suggest trying "Long Path Tool" program. I was also having the same error but Long Path Tool helped me in this situation.
It is easy and works well for such problems.

Top Bottom