Rumours and Speculations

+
I hope it is not a fps (completely), is similar to tw, gta and others, of course with the classic RPG, but I think within the game can have a VR this is a possibility. Is it that the CDPR, wanted this fake news, in the future to present it at E3?

show all the gameplay in E3 in VR everyone thinks that cyberpunk2077 is an FPS and at the end of the trailer was only your character doing a mission within the game hahaha, that would be innovation, a hacker mission done in VR, then he runs away to escape in the third person and ends the video with lots of applause

Last edited:
Sneky;n10874731 said:
Nah, people are interested in the game and when there is new information even if its from leak or its fake, people are discussing it. I dont think CDPR care about controlled leaks because it can make more damage, its not worth it. When they start Cyberpunk marketing campaign people will talk about this game anyway, but probably x10 or more compared what is right now because there will be tons of new information to discuss, right now we still have nothing except shit leaks.

Yes, exactly. And when CDPR starts sharing, gamers will get accurate information, not a bunch of crap and rumours.

CDPR's marketing department are professionals and know what they are doing.

Half-arsed "leaks" are neither smart nor professional. Nor do they do good things for the community or the fans.

Yeah I doubt they see leaks as a good marketing strategy. When they show something, people will come. Many, many people.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10874681 said:
Hmmm...the amount of threads over the webs specially the site that Shavod visits is very big.

The fps leaks are making people talk about this game a lot. Perhaps the leaks were all planed by CDPR?

Nah, they already reminded everyone about the game existence with the "beep" tweet, at this point half assed leaks containing bunch of disjointed informations wouldn't help much when it comes to promoting the title before E3. There are people right now that assume that the information about the game featuring first person indicates that the game won't be an RPG, but first person shooter, some of them being part of a somewhat significant websites and Youtube channels, who then continues to spread this misinformation, which is definitely not something that CDPR would desire from marketing standpoint. I think their marketing plan for the first half of the year was to get people talking by tweeting in January, give a hint at the March financial conference, give another potential hint at May financial conference, then make a proper reveal at E3. Everything else were unauthorized leaks, which become harder and harder to contain as you have to make all the necessary preparations involving third parties before a real marketing machine starts rolling.

Rawls;n10874951 said:
Yeah I doubt they see leaks as a good marketing strategy. When they show something, people will come. Many, many people.

The only possible example of them using leaks for marketing is most likely the "leaked" internal demo of The Witcher 2 seeing how this video was never deleted from YouTube, but of course they had a serious financial issues at the time, so of course they had to apply some cost effective methods of promoting the game. Right now they have absolutely no reason to do that.

sv3672;n10876161 said:
Wastelands confirmed. :)

"next-gen platforms"

Don't know what is the deal about the mysteries, really. Haven't found any OFFICIAL statements about the platforms, is it going to have a pc and consoles release? Why is it so hard to release basic infos?

Carlin_H2o;n10876791 said:
"next-gen platforms"

Don't know what is the deal about the mysteries, really. Haven't found any OFFICIAL statements about the platforms, is it going to have a pc and consoles release? Why is it so hard to release basic infos?

Less than 7 weeks are left until E3, so there is a fair chance we will find out soon. But it seems very likely the game will run on PC (64-bit Windows), and whatever the current generation of Microsoft and Sony consoles is at the time of release. If it is not too far in the future, then both the original and upgraded PS4 and XB1, with some "downgrade" on the older versions. If the next generation comes out not too long after CP2077 releases, it could be supported later in a way similar to GTA V. At least those are my guesses, we will see what is revealed at E3.

Is there even one better place than a desert-like wasteland for a second sandbox enviroment? Come on, just imagine you leaving Night City, now you're entering a desert full of nomads mad max style, tell me that isn't cool?

Now lets add some corporations fighting these nomads in giant mechs...

Lisbeth_Salander;n10877591 said:
a desert-like wasteland

Which is also a great place to build your secret underground laboratory or underground military base or a Cyberpunk 2077 version of Area 51.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10878381 said:
perhaps the Witcher 3 downgrade controversy made them not change their old (circa 2013) design plans for CP2077? I hope so, but I'm being optimistic.

I have a question here - I wasn't around when W3 was getting ready to launch, I didn't get into the Witcher series until last year so it was already in final patch mode by then, but what is the history there with the "downgrade"? I'm assuming they obviously reduced graphical fidelity at launch (what specifically did they change?), but did CDPR give a reason for it? I remember Ubisoft doing something similar with Watchdogs and people threw a fit.

Thanks just trying to educate myself on the history with that.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10878441 said:
To me, the following 2013 E3 trailer looks very different than the real game we got today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBFnOM5v5QQ

It's probably where it all started;.

Thanks do you know if CDPR ever made any official statements on why it looks different?
To me it definitely looks like some of the camera work is significantly different along with detail of the world in particular.

Razrback16;n10878531 said:
Thanks do you know if CDPR ever made any official statements on why it looks different?
To me it definitely looks like some of the camera work is significantly different along with detail of the world in particular.

Sure. They didn't like the lighting when they used the same template found in the trailer. across the rest of the world. They also found that outside high-end PCs ( and many of them still failed) that level of fidelity was impossible to maintain.

They made changes months and months before release and also put out pre-release gameplay footage. Which by far the majority of players found to be beautiful but some decided they had been betrayed and lied to and promptly went overboard in their reaction.

And now, the Official Warning:

The Downgrade Topic on the CDPR Forums has caused a lot of drama, unpleasantness, accusations and bannings over the years. Feel free to go elsewhere to read up on and discuss it but realize that around here, it has proven to be far more trouble than it is worth. In accordance, moderators will be quick to react to anything that begins to even look like drama and negative conduct on the subject.

It was their first open world and they had some development issues, also in 2013 they didnt have idea about consoles specifications, they probably hoped for something with more power.

Posts deleted - some non-constructive, some not in English, some both.

Feel free to check our Rules. Here are a couple of pertinent ones that may apply:

In particular, it is prohibited to:

• spam and/or publish posts lacking meaningful content
  • ridicule other users, post content which insults individuals or social groups, or spoil (in a broad sense) the fun of other users
Although we are all guilty of that at one time or another, repeated issues from repeated persons become problematic.

Sardukhar;n10878601 said:
Sure. They didn't like the lighting when they used the same template found in the trailer. across the rest of the world. They also found that outside high-end PCs ( and many of them still failed) that level of fidelity was impossible to maintain. They made changes months and months before release and also put out pre-release gameplay footage. Which by far the majority of players found to be beautiful but some decided they had been betrayed and lied to and promptly went overboard in their reaction.

Thx - I was not around when all of this went down, so all I ever saw was the final 1.31 version of the game but always wondered what specifically happened that drove the changes.

lets get back on track and stick to the facts.

Fact: CDPR officially said the game will be TP and FP mixed.

It is possible that the game's combat mechanics are in FP mode. I suspect CDPR took a look at different gameplay mechanics and decided this was the best route. Third person shooting has too much cover shooting similiar to gears of war which is boring af. Tacticial like x-com was also an option but it really would have stopped the flow. If you dont want TP combat or tactical FP is the only choice left.

That being said i suspect that walking around the city will be in TP mode. combat starts and boom FP start shooting shit up. The only RPG 1st person shooter i can think of is Borderlands which is an OK game but it relies heavily on your level. Here i suspect your level will be the gear you buy and put on. maybe some upgrades and cyborg implants come into play.

Im being optimistic right now. ofc i would hate it if the game ONLY had FP mode. I actually want them to force TP when walking in the streets I want the city to have been made for TP view and not just tacked on for the heck of it.

animalfather;n10879201 said:
That being said i suspect that walking around the city will be in TP mode. combat starts and boom FP start shooting shit up.

Or perhaps "mixed Third Person and First Person" could be something like ghost recon where it's in third person when walking, but when aiming and shooting with a weapons it switches to first person view.

But considering that there are a lot of people who worked on both Far Cry (first person) and The Division (third person), CP2077 may really let players switch between FP and TP just like GTA, Fallout and Skyrim.

Last edited:
animalfather;n10879201 said:
That being said i suspect that walking around the city will be in TP mode. combat starts and boom FP start shooting shit up.

That's kinda what I'm thinking - not sure how I feel about it yet, will likely need to experience it to find out - with RPGs, I'm used to playing TPP with my XBox controller relaxing back in my gaming chair, so it'll be a little irritating to have to, on the fly, switch to KB/M when combat breaks out, but if that's how it ends up being, I will give it a try at least.

I would be very surprised if it was only FPP mode. Yes, it makes some things easier ( animations) and for many, more immersive. But the negatives are not few. No view of your cool character. Melee combat much harder to do right. Driving, ahahahah are you kidding. Motion-sickness is an issue. Disappointing the audience you built with Witcher games. Contradicting original plans and having to explain that.

So really, given those reasons, FPP only seems very very unlikely. TPP only maybe, but I still bet on a TPP/FPP switch.

Overriding reason for TPP only, only one I can think of? It just worked way better for players in a modern city setting, FOR THIS GAME USING THIS ENGINE, to go FPP only. Not sure why, but if that's what testing showed, that's what CDPR would do.

Top Bottom