Rumours and Speculations

+
animalfather;n10948559 said:
decent yes. 3/5 stars decent/good. but CP2077 is a mega AAA 5/5 star game. no comparison. also its a sequel nobody wanted to a mediocre game.

Being a mega AAA 5/5 star game is not what determines success. There have been many of those that failed. And many that are not even close to that category that succeeded wildly; Stardew Valley is an example of such a success.

What determines it is if the game is fun to play, appealing, and lacks lethal glitches. Rage, despite its numerous flaws, hit enough of those points well enough to earn enough to merit a sequel.

Now, I'm not saying Cyberpunk 2077 will fail. Witcher proves how much a mistake it would be to consider that. Just saying not to rely so much on those ratings.

BaalNergal;n10948571 said:
Being a mega AAA 5/5 star game is not what determines success. There have been many of those that failed. And many that are not even close to that category that succeeded wildly; Stardew Valley is an example of such a success.

What determines it is if the game is fun to play, appealing, and lacks lethal glitches. Rage, despite its numerous flaws, hit enough of those points well enough to earn enough to merit a sequel.

Now, I'm not saying Cyberpunk 2077 will fail. Witcher proves how much a mistake it would be to consider that. Just saying not to rely so much on those ratings.

Animal is just being animal. Ignore him and move along.

There is a difference between a AAA game and a MEGA AAA game.

Mega AAA Games:

CP2077
Red Dead 2
Anthem
BGaE2
GTAVI
Death Stranding

AAA games:

Rage 2
Borderlands 3
Days Gone
Detroit Become Human
Crew 2
Crackdown 3
State of Decay 2
Tomb Raider whatever

i think you guys get the drift.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n10948751 said:
....GOTY Version.

We’ve been hearing from a lot of people concerning the Cyberpunk Chronicles games at GENCON which are listed as system Cyberpunk Red. Red is an updated corebook for 2020 which is currently on the schedule for Christmas 2018. If you are familiar with Cyberpunk 2020 the GM will let you know about any major changes. There are also Castle Falkenstein, Witcher, and Mekton games on the GENCON schedule. We look forward to seeing you in Indianapolis!

https://rtalsoriangames.wordpress.com/

GinWashi;n10949954 said:
We’ve been hearing from a lot of people concerning the Cyberpunk Chronicles games at GENCON which are listed as system Cyberpunk Red. Red is an updated corebook for 2020 which is currently on the schedule for Christmas 2018. If you are familiar with Cyberpunk 2020 the GM will let you know about any major changes. There are also Castle Falkenstein, Witcher, and Mekton games on the GENCON schedule. We look forward to seeing you in Indianapolis!

https://rtalsoriangames.wordpress.com/

Just FYI, this particular thread is for Cyberpunk 2077 speculation, not 2020.

Snowflakez;n10950032 said:

It makes total sense to talk about Cyberpunk Red, witch may directly involve Cyberpunk 2077 story and events.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10950218 said:
It makes total sense to talk about Cyberpunk Red, witch may directly involve Cyberpunk 2077 story and events.
Depending on if CP Red includes an updated background history. One can assume it'll include certain tech updates (smart phones) which should be part of CP2077.

Suhiira;n10950350 said:
Depending on if CP Red includes an updated background history. One can assume it'll include certain tech updates (smart phones) which should be part of CP2077.

Does anyone remember hearing Mike Pondsmith saying something like this when talking about CP2077: "to make a story that works, we'll have to write a world where people aren't connected all the time"??

The game might have multiple protagonista like a collection of short stories loosely tied in together. would be a good way to get a feel of the world from different perspectives, cop, corporate, rockboy ect.
i pitched this idea like 6-7years ago on this forum.

Snowflakez;n10950032 said:

Yes but one of the rumors surrounding cyberpunk 2077 was about an updated PNP version being released close to the release of cyberpunk 2077

GinWashi;n10950647 said:
Yes but one of the rumors surrounding cyberpunk 2077 was about an updated PNP version being released close to the release of cyberpunk 2077

Ah, okay, cool. I was just letting you know, since the forums are kind of borked lately and a bit confusing to navigate.

animalfather;n10950461 said:
The game might have multiple protagonista like a collection of short stories loosely tied in together. would be a good way to get a feel of the world from different perspectives, cop, corporate, rockboy ect. i pitched this idea like 6-7years ago on this forum.

If we're gonna have that + the option to create your own character, I'm in.

animalfather;n10950461 said:
The game might have multiple protagonista like a collection of short stories loosely tied in together. would be a good way to get a feel of the world from different perspectives, cop, corporate, rockboy ect.
i pitched this idea like 6-7years ago on this forum.

You've pitched it frequently. It's not inherently a bad idea, but I don't care for it. If I spend time creating my character, I want to play that character the entire game, with maybe a couple exceptions for NPC flashbacks (Such as Ciri's missions in TW3 - few and far between). I do not want to have control wrenched away from me in the name of a gimmicky story telling device.

If you're playing a game like GTA V, then it's fine, since it's A. not an RPG and B. it's a fixed, incredibly linear story (not a bad thing) with fixed characters.

Top Bottom