"We are not doing Blade Runner. It will be full of rock and roll."

+

What did he mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E2hkZBVya4

that quote made me think of this movie:

great movie btw must see. and its a futuristic cyberpunk world filled with rock n roll.

Do you guys think this is a possible source of inspiration for the game?

Something more like this -

[video=youtube;EdfSdDNr-Xg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdfSdDNr-Xg[/video]

Than this -

The music is different than the original scene in the second video ... but I actually couldn't find an original. The point is a little less fancy ... a little more punk.

I don't know but.
There is no way this game would escape the similarities with blade runner and or movies, themes that came before, that has the same feeling topic of cyberpunk. let alone if the world is and has a small resemblance in some aspects.

I hope this isn't another way of saying that it's devoid of depth and complexity?

Neuronin;n8839030 said:

I hope this isn't another way of saying that it's devoid of depth and complexity?

Style over substance, buddy. Style over substance.

CP2020 has never really been something to me which felt like you would get robots like that, not a lot of them atleast. I mean sure, they might be there... and I am sure some of the people here who know about the lore can tell us more about it.

But I would more expect to encounter someone like Robocop, rather than ED-209

More:

Then:

I wouldn't expect giant robots because CP2020 (thus probably CP2077) pays more attention to physics then to amine tropes.

i prefer a handgun over a stupid mech robot. cyberpunk is not about mech robots. at least your story shouldnt be about that.

I think Sigil's point was that there are going to be a LOT more bullets and guns and it's going to be MUCH MUCH bigger in scope and scale than BR.

Not that we'll see robots instead of handguns.

Although I'm sure we'll see both...

Since Robocop was mentioned...Robocop 2 actually has a proper FBR (full body replacement), in Cain. Brain and brainstem, in a robotic body. Although, for shock purposes they saved his eyes as well. But, yeah... A poorly designed Dragoon FBR, is basically what Cain is. He even falls into complete cyberpsychosis and starts killing everyone. So Cyberpunk 2020. :cool:

Sardukhar;n8866600 said:
I think Sigil's point was that there are going to be a LOT more bullets and guns and it's going to be MUCH MUCH bigger in scope and scale than BR.

Not that we'll see robots instead of handguns.

Although I'm sure we'll see both...

I'm envisioning Blade Runner's ambiance with The Matrix style battles.

I'm also envisioning a pretzel the size of a dinner-plate covered in molten Guylian chocolate.

I'll take either one.

Top Bottom