The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
Rawls;n10791581 said:
HA! West World creators just Rick Rolled reddit pretty hard. So they posted on Reddit if they got enough up-votes they would reveal the plot for season 2. Once they for enough they linked to this video -

It's not April Fools anymore, god dangit.

Still funny. :p

Saw this guy Cosplay as Cyberpunk 2077

had to take a pic of him.

sorry 4 the troll

Lisbeth_Salander;n10818301 said:
Does anyone think CP2077 will have cool looking clothes and armor? (serious)
Rather depends.
I look at pictures of myself from the late 60's and early 70's and wonder; "What the hell was I thinking?!?"
Styles and tastes change, what one person finds 'cool' another hates.
So the real question (to my mind) is will there be enough choice during character creation (or better yet afterwards ... clothes shopping!!!) that people can create characters that fit their vision of what their character should look like?

Snowflakez;n10821651 said:
I sure hope so. What do you mean by cool? Are you thinking retro?

Cool to me is Cyberpunk 2077 having such a huge variety of clothing and armor options, that it becomes possible for all players to express themselves exactly the way they want.

Allowing players to change the color of clothing and armor, may be really important in order to give players that freedom of expression.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10831751 said:
Yep, gotta have a open mind with this game, the same applies to music too, I don't want only one genre what I want instead is variety of radio stations!
Radio can be pretty much everything trendy but all other music is "synthwave not allowed" case. Plenty of other stuff fits Cyberpunk without need for mental gymnastics like muh neon or muh synth sweeps or muh Perturbator justifying it. As in, noise, drone, dark ambient, dark electro, EDM, industrial/death metal, progressive rock/metal - complex combo of it is a perfect fit to game's style and atmosphere.

Having synth sweeps ruining industrialistic landscapes or intense, requiring quick wit win combat encounter is not a way to go and CDPR knows it.

Last edited:
On the topic of witcher senses... There is a context in the game for having them (Geralt should be able to notice things the possibly shortsighted or otherwise impared - or just ignorant - player could not, nor even perceptive and inquisitive player), but their fault was that they were always accurate and infallible, and static as an ability with no room for improvement or impairment. They were mechanically boring hold-and-follow gimmick. If it had been an ability to build for more, better and more reliable results like the other skills, it could've faired better.

Shavod;n10850691 said:
I'm so sorry I dared to share my opinion on public forum dedicated to the game regarding something that I think can impact gameplay in a pretty significant manner, one way or another. Next time when the subject will come up I remember to simply say "I like TPP, cause it looks pretty, lol" with a sense of smug euperiority over those dirty first person peasants.

And it's not like I have anything against TPP, I simply think first person would work better for Cyberpunk and that's it.
Don't be.
Discussion of differing opinions is often the best way to learn. And not only what the opinion that differs from our own thinks, but often why we have the one we do because it requires us to think about and explain why we hold the one we do.

Suhiira;n10851151 said:
Don't be.
Discussion of differing opinions is often the best way to learn. And not only what the opinion that differs from our own thinks, but often why we have the one we do because it requires us to think about and explain why we hold the one we do.

I think he was being sarcastic. Fighting fire with fire.

I have crossed the line many times giving a little headache to mods, but there is one thing I avoid doing is writting massive amounts of agressive texts, forcing mods to read all of this shit.

Nothing against lots of texts, but I'm against a lot of hateful texts. Mods work for free, don't make their jobs any harder.

kofeiiniturpa;n10850611 said:
On the topic of witcher senses... There is a context in the game for having them (Geralt should be able to notice things the possibly shortsighted or otherwise impared - or just ignorant - player could not, nor even perceptive and inquisitive player), but their fault was that they were always accurate and infallible, and static as an ability with no room for improvement or impairment. They were mechanically boring hold-and-follow gimmick. If it had been an ability to build for more, better and more reliable results like the other skills, it could've faired better.

You didn't play Witcher 3, don't fool yourself cause you're not even gonna play CP2077.

Suhiira;n10822331 said:
Rather depends.
I look at pictures of myself from the late 60's and early 70's and wonder; "What the hell was I thinking?!?"
Styles and tastes change, what one person finds 'cool' another hates.
So the real question (to my mind) is will there be enough choice during character creation (or better yet afterwards ... clothes shopping!!!) that people can create characters that fit their vision of what their character should look like?

Something to consider. Keep in mind, the cyberpunk genre', being what it is and what it represents, has always kind of espoused a "here today, gone tomorrow" attitude toward fashion, music and life in general. Why? Because it's jaded to an insane degree...even more insanely jaded than modern society. It would not surprise me that if the game were to stay true to such an ethic...or should I say lack thereof, that 1.) there should be an insane number of fashion/self augmentation options and B.) That these should shift in popularity on an equally insane basis. Popular views and political causes should also follow such a rapidly shifting trend.

RLKing1969;n10851691 said:
Something to consider. Keep in mind, the cyberpunk genre', being what it is and what it represents, has always kind of espoused a "here today, gone tomorrow" attitude toward fashion, music and life in general. Why? Because it's jaded to an insane degree...even more insanely jaded than modern society. It would not surprise me that if the game were to stay true to such an ethic...or should I say lack thereof, that 1.) there should be an insane number of fashion/self augmentation options and B.) That these should shift in popularity on an equally insane basis. Popular views and political causes should also follow such a rapidly shifting trend.

Yeah, the actual cause of technoshock, as it's dubbed in cyberpunk 2020..that thing that leads to fugue states or depression or assorted disorders like cyberpsychosis... isn't merely putting metal in your body, it's that people cannot handle the rapid rate of change that modern society is now subject to. It damages their sense of self and bearing as a human being. Sometimes very nastily, brought on by seeing less and less of your human self in the mirror.

So some people retreat into their little worlds and others, ah, advance. Rapidly. With wolvers extended, roaring about the disgusting sacks of blood and water that surround them.

Top Bottom