It's fine if this game comes out in 2021

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rather not. The thing is not about simple GIMME GIMME but about simple planning. REDs are planning to release two games before 2021, not to mention CPunk being first one. If CP2077 would be the only game before 2021, then it means company is sure in chaos and doesn't learn on mistakes. It's not for the first time, I need to repeat and remind about The Witcher 3 delays and rewrites. Sure investors are understanding people but it'd be the 2nd time with Cyberpunk.

Not only that but projects that are dragging on tend to burn people out and ending up being underwhelming. DNF, FFXV and the list is counting.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9568471 said:
If CP2077 would be the only game before 2021, then it means company is sure in chaos and doesn't learn on mistakes.

EDIT:That doens't imply at all that they're in chaos. CP2077 might be a success and leave the company in a great economic state. Witcher 3 still sells well even today, so your statemant has no fundation.

metalmaniac21;n9568471 said:
It's rather not. The thing is not about simple GIMME GIMME but about simple planning. REDs are planning to release two games before 2021, not to mention CPunk being first one. If CP2077 would be the only game before 2021, then it means company is sure in chaos and doesn't learn on mistakes. It's not for the first time, I need to repeat and remind about The Witcher 3 delays and rewrites. Sure investors are understanding people but it'd be the 2nd time with Cyberpunk.

Not only that but projects that are dragging on tend to burn people out and ending up being underwhelming. DNF, FFXV and the list is counting.

Yeah. I really just hope CP2077 doens't come out next year as some people are saying over the interwebz, the longer they take it to make this game the better.

Last edited:
Whenever it comes out, it has to be in Horizon Zero Dawn state of polish at day of release.

After W3, CDPR has built enough of goodwill and attention in gaming community, but it's still a new IP coming from developer that has to show quality consistency over (very) different titles.

If they want that mainstream success ( 20+ million sold), it pretty much has to receive Zelda-like reviews with as strong player reception.

It would be sad message for my wallet. I've bought a gaming PC for Witcher 3 exclusively. In 2021 it will be sooo old piece of hardware... :]

endrjug;n9569081 said:
It would be sad message for my wallet. I've bought a gaming PC for Witcher 3 exclusively. In 2021 it will be sooo old piece of hardware... :]
Finished Witcher 3 on old-ass hardware which also was 6-7 years old in 2015, no big deal.

metalmaniac21;n9569431 said:
Finished Witcher 3 on old-ass hardware which also was 6-7 years old in 2015, no big deal.

I also played it with 20 fps .

endrjug;n9569081 said:
would be sad message for my wallet. I've bought a gaming PC for Witcher 3 exclusively. In 2021 it will be sooo old piece of hardware... :]

that fucking sucks, but hey its CDPR we're talking about here

I plan to play CP2077 in glorious 100 fps per second which makes it 1000 fps, game's gonna be so fast I can't even play it

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9569491 said:
I also played it with 20 fps .
Not as bad as other games' 20 fps really, since in Witcher 3 it's more or less consistent 20 frames. But I still to this day don't get it why CPU usage is so high in TW3.
Lisbeth_Salander;n9569491 said:
I plan to play CP2077 in glorious 100 fps per second which makes it 1000 fps, game's gonna be so fast I can't even play it
What kind of setup should be to run CP2077 at 1000 fps with glorious Ultra preset? Jacked straight into the brain?

Last edited:
Eltyris;n9568791 said:
Whenever it comes out, it has to be in Horizon Zero Dawn state of polish at day of release.

After W3, CDPR has built enough of goodwill and attention in gaming community, but it's still a new IP coming from developer that has to show quality consistency over (very) different titles.

If they want that mainstream success ( 20+ million sold), it pretty much has to receive Zelda-like reviews with as strong player reception.

I don't know about comparing anything to Horizon, but the Witcher series already has a solid reputation for being fairly polished.
Next up, Cyberpunk isn't a "new ip", it's a fairly old ip dating back to the 80s, with a deep history (50+ sources books) and it's already set to be a success just from the people who played the pen and paper RPGs for the past 30 years and Cyberpunk fans in general. And I have faith in CDPR in doing an excellent job with Cyberpunk because they're fans of the series.
Also, using Zelda as some kind of cornerstone for reviews is doing a disservice to both Zelda and Cyberpunk. I love the Zelda series but it's not the holy grail of video games, even the latest game has issues that ruin it for me but I still want to play it. As for Cyberpunk, it's a dystopian cyberpunkian world based on realism, rock n' roll and Tarantino movies.

metalmaniac21;n9569541 said:
Not as bad as other games' 20 fps really, since in Witcher 3 it's more or less consistent 20 frames. But I still to this day don't get it why CPU usage is so high in TW3.

What kind of setup should be to run CP2077 at 1000 fps with glorious Ultra preset? Jacked straight into the brain?

But of course! Our brain is fastest and most high end PC in existence!

walkingdarkly;n9569971 said:
But of course! Our brain is fastest and most high end PC in existence!

That's only because human brains create feelings, that's the only thing that makes humans "superior" to machines at the moment.

If I were to make a super intelligent Artificial Intelligence and give it only one felling, I would give it fear. Because that's the most important felling that exists. Have you ever wondered why the caveman painted in those caverns? What was going on in their minds to make them paint figures of what they saw in them? I think it was the fear of dying. At the first moment those cavemen and cavewomen became conscient of their inevitable deaths, they started to look out for ways to increase their lifespan, but at that time that was not possible, so they at least preserved their memories in those walls by painting representations of their day to day lives in them. Thus, the fear of death created culture and many other things. Fear of the inevitable is what makes progress. Fear of extinction is what will make mankind go to Mars and colonize other planets. Fear is the ultimate manifestation of self preservation, and an AI would certainly need that in order to become the ultimate perfect beings.

Eltyris;n9568791 said:

Ratings are really important, but there are other 4 elements that really makes games sell well: reaplayability which we can find in most blockbuster multiplayer games these days (making this one perhaps the most important of all), popularity itself, graphics and innovation.

Now I'm posting the pic of this cat for absolutely no reason.

Last edited:
I think the highest possibility is that they release in 2019 like most people suggested. If they decide to delay it for whatever reason after setting a release date, I'm all for that as long as it doesn't kill their hype. The last thing you want is wait another three years after announcing the release date. That'd kill the hype and hurt their sales. Whatever they decide to do, they must do so decisively without hesitation or ambiguity.

I'm still upholding my speculation that they'll announce a release date next year summer. Gameplay is not far fetched but I wouldn't count on it. They wouldn't want to falsely advertise their red engine graphics from E3 as they've done with W3.

mcflurry928;n9570221 said:
The last thing you want is wait another three years after announcing the release date. That'd kill the hype and hurt their sales. Whatever they decide to do, they must do so decisively without hesitation or ambiguity.

Yes! CDPR's CEO said multiple times how they plan to announce the game and release it a "short period" after it. He even said how he admired Bethesda's strategy, guess what? Bethesda strategy was exactly that with Fallout 4. They announced it in E3 and released it 6 months later, in order to not kill the hype but let it grows in those 6 months. Fallout 4 sold pretty well even though it was Fallout 4.

2019 makes sense because Witcher 3 took 3.5 years to make, so if CDPR started fully working on Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2015: 2015 + 3.5 years = 2018.5 or late 2018, but it makes no sense to anounce a game in late 2018 because there are no big gaming events in the end of the year, and we all know that E3 is the greatest place to anounce your big titles...so CP2077 will probably be announced in 2019's E3 and be released 6 months after it, in other words Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be released in november of 2019.

If I were to chose a date, I'd chose a catchy date so people can remember it, just like Skyrim's 11/11/11 release date. so I would launch Cyberpunk 2077 in november 11th of 2019 which will take place in a monday (very nice because it's a time of the month were most people get paid and it's a monday, great way to start the week) or in november 19th of 2019.

Fallout New Vegas is a great game.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9570371 said:
Yes! CDPR's CEO said multiple times how they plan to announce the game and release it a "short period" after it. He even said how he admired Bethesda strategy, guess what? Bethesda strategy was exactly that with Fallout 4. They announced it in E3 and released it 6 months later, in order to not kill the hype but let it grows in those 6 months.

I completely agree with you. It's a clever marketing strategy by Bethesda that CDPR will implement to dramatically improve their sales. And I do agree that E3 2019 is possible for CDPR to announce the game. I also believe it's possible that they'll announce it in E3 2020 because of the grand scale of this project. If that turns out to be true, then I have no doubt it'll be a masterpiece.

mcflurry928;n9570461 said:
I completely agree with you. It's a clever marketing strategy by Bethesda that CDPR will implement to dramatically improve their sales. And I do agree that E3 2019 is possible for CDPR to announce the game. I also believe it's possible that they'll announce it in E3 2020 because of the grand scale of this project. If that turns out to be true, then I have no doubt it'll be a masterpiece.

I really hope it's like you said "they'll announce it in E3 2020 because of the grand scale of this project.", think about how many great things a big group with 550 people can do in one single year? A lot, Cyberpunk 2077 may change completely in one year.

Now, CDPR is not the only one thinking about this strategy....imagining how big and successfull CP2077 can be, consider how big of a threat this game is to many other developers in the gaming industry. Many other developers are already having discussions like this, in order to avoid releasing their games in the same period as CP2077. This happens all the time, a game influence the others' sales.

Of course, many gamers buy multiple games...but there is a huge portion of gamers who buy only a few, or only one game when going to the store.

Last edited:
mcflurry928

Considering that some developers may try to avoid releasing their games in the same period as CP2077's launch, that might help CDPR a lot.

Think about it, sandbox games are a huge fucking success, now imagine being the only sandbox game to be released in a period of 5 or 6 months, or even more like 1 or 2 years? Gamers will eat Cyberpunk up. specially if you remember that it also have multiplayer. It's not a coinscidence that CD Projekt share value went to the billions recently...it's only about what these polish men and women did, it's about what's to come.

The biggest rivals for CDPR is Bioware's Mass Effect series, Bethesda's Fallout and Elder Scrolls series and Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption and GTA. Now, the moment of truth: none of those games will be launched in 2019 (the more likely being Mass Effect, a franchise that got a bad reputation recently). Cyberpunk 2077 will go in a fighting arena alone with qualities that no other game has, and it will be a huge success because of that.

Come on, Cyberpunk 2077's success is obvious...a sandbox game where you can create your own character and still has multiplayer? Jesus fucking Christ man, not even GTA has all that.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9570371 said:
2019 makes sense because Witcher 3 took 3.5 years to make, so if CDPR started fully working on Cyberpunk 2077 in late 2015: 2015 + 3.5 years = 2018.5 or late 2018, but it makes no sense to anounce a game in late 2018 because there are no big gaming events in the end of the year, and we all know that E3 is the greatest place to anounce your big titles...so CP2077 will probably be announced in 2019's E3 and be released 6 months after it, in other words Cyberpunk 2077 will probably be released in november of 2019.
If I were to chose a date, I'd chose a catchy date so people can remember it, just like Skyrim's 11/11/11 release date. so I would launch Cyberpunk 2077 in november 11th of 2019 which will take place in a monday (very nice because it's a time of the month were most people get paid and it's a monday, great way to start the week) or in november 19th of 2019.

One idea, For fans of the original Pen and Paper game, release it in 2020 on the anniversary of the release of Cyberpunk 2020 released in 1990 or somehow manage to release it next year in 2018 on the anniversary of the release of Cyberpunk 2013 which was released in 1988.

And it's hard to point to precedent for CDPR with releases with regards to the Witcher games, as W1 was released on Sept. 16, W2 on May 17 and W3 on May 19. Though, as long as it's not around a holiday, any day is peachy for me.

Personally, so long as it stays true to the brand and blows my mind, I don't care if they take extra time on it. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather play a good representation of the franchise than a bunko wanna be rush job. Just sayin'. That's my two cents worth.

Guest 4149880

Lets just hope the game is the next massive hit or all this time spent on these forums and looking for any bit of info on this game would have been pointless. Take your time CDPR!

walkingdarkly;n9570781 said:
One idea, For fans of the original Pen and Paper game, release it in 2020 on the anniversary of the release of Cyberpunk 2020 released in 1990

I looked everywhere for CP2020 release date and it only mentions 1990. Anyone knows the exact day and month it got released?

That moment when I realise that the transsexual thread got closed because I posted too much memes in there, "I have become death the destroyer of threads"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom