I miss the PTR already...

+
I miss the PTR already...

Just had to revert to original game 'cause PTR is not supported anymore :(.

To think I accumulated an amount past 2k ore, since it was so fun.

I hope the patch will arrive soon :surprised2:

I didn't get to try it out since I'm on console. Is it really that much better? And is NR actually competitive again? Not gonna lie reading your post got me excited now!

Current meta on live is toxic as hell with many broken cards like restore, enforcers, venedal, marauders, bronze dwarves etc. And it lasts more than a month
But Im pretty sure that new patch will bring new toxic meta that will last until march. Because CDPR said that they will fix balance only before new seasons.

TheNotoriousThree;n10406962 said:
I didn't get to try it out since I'm on console. Is it really that much better? And is NR actually competitive again? Not gonna lie reading your post got me excited now!

NR is quite good, I managed to win with Bloody Baron against dorfs and bears :).

A lot of broken things have been balanced, so point-vomit has been quite limited.

I'd say you three ;) are allowed to get excited and have some expectations for Thursday.

The best thing is that they're actually changing more things than what was on the actual PTR. Like Enforcers and Veterans (ALLEGEDLY. ) :p
Hopefully the game becomes more balanced now.

Tir_na_Lia;n10408182 said:
NR is quite good, I managed to win with Bloody Baron against dorfs and bears :).

A lot of broken things have been balanced, so point-vomit has been quite limited.

I'd say you three ;) are allowed to get excited and have some expectations for Thursday.

That's good news, I love Bloody Baron decks and limited point-vomit is ofcourse a step in the right direction!

That being said, we:) are even more excited now. Thank you!

The last couple of days of the season will consist of:
- people fed up of current meta just taking a break until Thursday
- people doing last minute grinding of ranks and thus using known decks with increased power levels

Given the lack of the first group and an increase in the second group, I can see why people coming back from PTR are struggling to go back

Last edited:
partci;n10412232 said:
I miss the game we had two months ago

But we've received over a hundred new cards since then including Paulie, elven scout, meditation, Nova, slave driver, ointment,, beastmaster. Are you suggesting the game isn't the better for it? Sources say these cards have proven to be quite popular.

hydra66;n10412872 said:
Sources say these cards have proven to be quite popular.

They are popular, because they are very good, but that doesn't mean they are well designed. Actually I think some of them you mentioned are one of the worst designed cards in the game.....

hydra66;n10412872 said:
But we've received over a hundred new cards since then

Not to mention all the changes to existing cards. Tremors was made viable, OP cards like Foglet and Shieldmaiden got nerfed and underused cards like Enforcers got a buff.

I'll be as bold as to say that we can live with the fact next session we'll be without new (popular) cards, and all we'll get is some balance changes.

Tir_na_Lia;n10405762 said:
I hope the patch will arrive soon
Burza said it will hit on Thursday, a day after the season end... Just two more days then. Two days of torture I might add :|
I'm so fed up with dwarves that I'm regreting joining forces with Iorveth and the Scoia'tael during my W2 playthrough.
:rebel:

Theodrik;n10413652 said:
I'm so fed up with dwarves that I'm regreting joining forces with Iorveth and the Scoia'tael during my W2 playthrough.
Ach, that's a wee bit harsh, lad. After all, dear old Iorveth needs all the friends he can get.

hydra66;n10412872 said:
But we've received over a hundred new cards since then including Paulie, elven scout, meditation, Nova, slave driver, ointment,, beastmaster. Are you suggesting the game isn't the better for it? Sources say these cards have proven to be quite popular.

Those kind of cards are what fcked up the game for me. Some of my loses today :

- I got to round 3 with card advantage, 2vs3 cards. Enemy plays Uma->Ciri Nova, Ciri Nova. I lose

- I Play Dagon weather and i draw no ancient foglets. Enemy plays 2 slave drives and spawn 2 ancient foglets...

- I Play Dagon weather again, i'm for a long round 3, have 2 foglets and 2 fogs. Almost sure to win. Enemy has no weather clear. Then he plays Aguara, which gives him a runestone, which gives him Dethmold which gives him clear the skies...

- I face cursed NR with my Radovid deck. I muzzle his first kaedweni revenant. I play Radovid into the 2nd kaedweni revenant. Enemy starts playing random spells and doesn't seem to be catching up. Then he plays runestone, he creates a Stennis deus ex machina, and he pulls a 3rd kaedweni revenant from his deck that i couldn't counter, which gave him the upper hand...

- I was playing bear skellige and I face a dwarf(smaller bears) deck, with the new card Paulie (amazing design, a copy paste of Sigdrifa). We were both slamming points, caring about no strategy. I think i won that, or i lost? I don't remember...most boring game ever. At least in hearthstone you have an additional skill layer by choosing either to trade minions or go face. This, just dropping cards on the board, without doing anything interactive.

First time i felt so bored that wasn't in the mood to even finish my daily 6 rounds. Midwinter update butchered the game.

Whew...today was the last time I had to face point-vomit dwarves and bears, Melitele (and Svalblod) willing.

Let's hope tomorrow will come with a good surprise :).

Top Bottom