Golds in arena?

+

Golds in arena?

• Total voters
Muffliato;n10693661 said:
If I want to play competitive, I'll go to ranked or even casual; Arena is strictly for having fun with the weirdest combos and synergies I can manage to put together.

I can definitely agree with "fun with the weirdest combos".

We already have two places for constructive decks. We need one place where we can go all crazy 'n' stuff :)

Muffliato;n10693661 said:
I still think having no limits on Golds and Silvers is a good thing. If I want to play competitive, I'll go to ranked or even casual; Arena is strictly for having fun with the weirdest combos and synergies I can manage to put together. :p

Yeah, I've had a 3-Gold deck before, and faced opponents with 7+ Golds, but it's part of the experience. Besides, you can still do well without a high number of Golds; a mostly Bronze and Silver deck with good synergies can definitely better than a 13-Gold deck with no synergies. Alternatively, 3 synergistic Golds can be better than 13 "pure strength" ones.
"Quality over quantity" applies in the Arena. (And no, "quality" does not refer to B/S/G.)

Personally I struggle to find consistent fun in a mode that is so luck based. The whole point of playing another player is for there to be some kind of competition. Competition is meaningless if it's not at least close to being fair. This mode is the furthest thing from fair.

Maybe there should be a casual arena and a competitive arena.

StrykerxS77x;n10697381 said:
The whole point of playing another player is for there to be some kind of competition.

I disagree; not every game needs to be a (serious) competition.
But on that note, winning despite being an "underdog" (like defeating a 13-Gold deck with a 3-Gold but high synergy deck) often feels better than winning a "fair" match.

Having two separate Arena modes could be a solution, I suppose.

Muffliato;n10697431 said:
I disagree; not every game needs to be a (serious) competition.
But on that note, winning despite being an "underdog" (like defeating a 13-Gold deck with a 3-Gold but high synergy deck) often feels better than winning a "fair" match.

Having two separate Arena modes could be a solution, I suppose.

I'm not even talking about a serious competition. Just something that has a hint of real competition in it. When there is no semblance of fairness the competition is just non existent.

I've got to say, the amount of golds I've drafted in my arena runs bears virtually no correlation to how well (or badly) I've done in the runs.

I've had plenty of runs where I've had 8+ golds and still only got a handful (if that) number of wins. While on the other hand I've had runs with 4 golds that I've gotten to 7-8 wins with. My best winstreak ever was with a 4 gold deck.

I've just found deck synergy is so, so much more important than the number of golds.

Top Bottom