[Voice of the people-survey] What should the CDPR do with the "create" mechanics?

+

[Voice of the people-survey] What should the CDPR do with the "create" mechanics?

• Total voters

ltafsagc - leaving the ability for silver and gold cards.
On the example of Slave Driver.

I'd be fine with them being nerfed back to casual, but given CDPR's dedication to keeping the card pool small, I'd rather see them changed to something else entirely.

I don't see what they added to the game. On the contrary, they completely muddled the distinction between swarm and non-swarm decks (killing design space) and added more rng to a game that already has enough of it just by virtue of being a CCG.

If they were to be changed to something similar, I'd like either a set sample (like Dorregaray used to have) or a choice between effects.

Well, it's already been stated that some Create cards will banned from Ranked and Pro Ladder while others will be reworked, which sounds like a good solution to me. Depending on what cards get which fate, of course.

So, I voted for option 2.

In general, I don't have a problem with Create as a mechanic, but I do think cards like Runestones, Slave Driver and Elven Scout in their current form should be limited to Arena and Casual. The latest official tournaments have proven that several times over.
Some other Create cards, like Whispering Hillock, Uma's Curse and Doppler I hope will remain the same as they are now, so I'd prefer them getting banned from competitive play as well.

I most definitely would not like to see the entire mechanic being removed, replacement or not. It's made the game a lot more fun for me, despite the occasional ridiculously (un)lucky choices.

Some "create" cards are just fine. Take Triss : telekinesis for example. Or the Slave Drivers (yes, I like the slave drivers as they are). If there are problems with the create mechanics, it maybe in the runestone or the other objects and spells that allows to create units, especially Black Blood and Uma's Curse. But to remove the mechanic entirely ? No, I think it has some potential and that at least some "create" cards should stay available in ranked play.

Muffliato;n10703211 said:
The latest official tournaments have proven that several times over.

I didn't catch the latest tournaments, did create cards turn out to be an issue? What happened?

I just created a thread about this (before noticing this one): https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...at-create-cards-should-be-removed-from-ranked with my opinions on what they should rework, remove or leave as it is. (Not sure if mods will want to merge them or whatever.)

Long story short, I think that reworking Slave driver and Elf Scout and removing Runestones from ranked will lower Create RNG in Gwent by 90% already (but I think they should remove a couple more for consistency's sake, or to prevent future problems).

I don't mind Create in Arena (there it can give decks a bit more consistency), but from my point of view it shouldn't be in Ranked, Pro Ladder or Casual.

Legendarum;n10703551 said:
I didn't catch the latest tournaments, did create cards turn out to be an issue? What happened?

Nothing out of the ordinary, really; just the RNG highrolls (and fails) you see in most games. They just have a much bigger impact when it's a tournament match.

I dislike the over abundance of create cards but do you really want competitive play to be the same lame decks over and over knowing exactly what cards will be played next every time? I hate playing late ranked matches because of boring net decks...I would change the bronze creates to special cards, id keep rune stones but reduce the number of other creates

Make create exclusive to the arena. I know "new players" like winning because they pull a lucky card but that's what arena is for. That includes bronze create cards.

If create is to remain in all modes on some level, limit it. Have silver create cards pull from your own faction and limit bronzes to pulling a small number of in-faction cards. Maybe limit it by power.

Best option would be to have the "create" mechanic entirely removed from Gwent.
However, I will be satisfied if "create" gets limited to Arena.

I personally don't see it as much of a problem but if I HAD to choose something to please the fans, I'd limit Create cards for only Casual and Arena. I think that's the best solution.

Why removing it from ranked or even totally? No1 even play them in ranked meta so why you guys bother? Just leave it as it is cause its fun in casual and arena

Top Bottom