No balancing or new cards for another month?

+
TheShift;n10750201 said:
A lot of over reaction in this thread..dang.

I as all.of you know..sure there are some fixes that can be done to Gwent.
But come on..
It is in a very good state right now.
The best it's been since open beta started
Although there are some dead cards and archtypes not completely fleshed out ...but there are a lot of viable decks across all factions that are actually pretty decent

This is a first for the game I think.
I also Think the devs need to take their time now in releasing patchs and updates to the game
The last thing we want is the game to go backwards at this point.

I would also say I think maybe a lot of us have just gotten used to huge changes in the game from season to season.. I hate to break it to you but it's not going to be like that in the future
The game doesn't need a constant changing meta from season to season especially now that they are only 30 days apart
​​​​​
All of the above.

However, at the end of this season, changes have to be made. Most and foremost, the "create" disaster has to be reduced and localised as promised, no half-measures.

Lesser changes are in line as well. For example, while I personally don't mind Dunn Banner and Wardancer, the majority hates those. And keeping them the way they are now is keeping to alienate a big part of a player base. It was all said in burza's AMA and hopefully they will deliver...

P.S. As a full premium collection holder, I'd love to see missing animations applied already.

In my opinion, biggest CDPR mistake is cybersport in Gwent. This game need more cards, more archetypes and game modes. This game needs monthly balance patches. Now we have same meta for 3 months just like in HS.
And now we are hostages of the Gwentopen tournaments, where 8 ppls plays boring decks in boring game with 1 archetype in each facion.
Many top streamers have left Gwent for the sake of more dynamically developing projects.

Please CDPR, we need new cards, mechanics, game modes and balance patches, not cybersport for stale game in beta-test, which have <1000 viewers on Twitch in prime time

Patience is not a virtue this community is known to have
​​​​​​
We need less Emhyrs amongst ourselves, once you think about it

Nerys

Forum regular
TheShift;n10750201 said:
I would also say I think maybe a lot of us have just gotten used to huge changes in the game from season to season.. I hate to break it to you but it's not going to be like that in the futureThe game doesn't need a constant changing meta from season to season especially now that they are only 30 days apart
​​​​​

I agree 100%. The game doesn't need constant changing meta from season to season BUT it is 3rd season with same meta. The only change in constructed (ranked) from March was that Gwent devs decided to fix Impera Enforcer and kill NG spy archetype until next patch I assume.

Some people say that they heard about no balance changes in current patch but I heard something different on topdeck stream.

https://twitter.com/Neris_q/status/979331770876420096

Of course I understand that decision about balance patch could change but at the end of this clip Burza clearly said that 'In the next one there will be balance patch' and this is why I was dissapointed a bit because there were plans but balance team decided otherwise.

Last edited:
Another serious issue is the infamous mulligan bug. 2 of the cards you mulliganed came back in round 2, then one of them came back again in round 3. This happens very frequently for a very long time but only a public test recently confirmed it. This should be a priority in the next patch.

pthieu1986;n10751551 said:
Another serious issue is the infamous mulligan bug. 2 of the cards you mulliganed came back in round 2, then one of them came back again in round 3. This happens very frequently for a very long time but only a public test recently confirmed it. This should be a priority in the next patch.

That is not a bug

seems the balancing and card making teams have either gotten lazy or just don't care about the game the same anymore.....most say i am highly dissapointed in how they have handled the game so far and their work does not reflect CDPR in a positive way at all. Boring card designs, bad card designs and powercrept cards are just a few signs of inexperience for how to handle a cardgame. And with new hs expansion, magic arena i don't see how they expect to gain players if the other games does eveything better and faster. They really ought to listen to the Community for once and not just ignore problems such as create,coinflip and mulligan "feature" if they intend to make the Community grow and stay. Thronebreaker should of been out by now and arena should of been handled better and reliased long ago.

Bondonkadonk;n10751631 said:
Well, according to Burza they're looking into it currently, so if it's not a bug, it's certainly not working as intended.

it is a bug but they don't seem to want to admit same as they not wanting to discuss coinflip being a possible problem

Last edited:
The mulligan is a bug or a very poorly designed "feature". It alone makes playing cards like the witchers or crones as well as any weather deck a nightmare. More so when playing monsters with frightener who pretty much guarantees you a crappy weather card unless you just burn them to thin the deck. It's one of the main reasons I stopped playing monsters, I got tired of seeing Roach, weather cards and those stupid Fogglets over and over again. I'd rather have cards go to the bottom of the deck when mulliganed than have mulligan all together be a punishment.

Hellsmoke77;n10752231 said:
The mulligan is a bug or a very poorly designed "feature". It alone makes playing cards like the witchers or crones as well as any weather deck a nightmare. More so when playing monsters with frightener who pretty much guarantees you a crappy weather card unless you just burn them to thin the deck. It's one of the main reasons I stopped playing monsters, I got tired of seeing Roach, weather cards and those stupid Fogglets over and over again. I'd rather have cards go to the bottom of the deck when mulliganed than have mulligan all together be a punishment.

I think saying it's a 'nightmare' is a little strong. My main monsters deck runs the crones and foglet (and 3x moonlight that you obviously don't want in your hand) and it's pretty rare that mulligans completely screw me over. Sure it happens more than in other decks, but it's definitely not a big issue at all.

Legendarum;n10752251 said:
I think saying it's a 'nightmare' is a little strong. My main monsters deck runs the crones and foglet (and 3x moonlight that you obviously don't want in your hand) and it's pretty rare that mulligans completely screw me over. Sure it happens more than in other decks, but it's definitely not a big issue at all.

Sorry but I can't believe that. I've been playing monsters since day one and the crones were my favorite since gwent in the witcher 3. I gave up on them and monsters all together, playing another faction was such a breath of fresh air that I haven't played monsters since. I'm willing to bet you don't get far with that deck. It is a very big issue.

Hellsmoke77;n10752291 said:
Sorry but I can't believe that. I've been playing monsters since day one and the crones were my favorite since gwent in the witcher 3. I gave up on them and monsters all together, playing another faction was such a breath of fresh air that I haven't played monsters since. I'm willing to bet you don't get far with that deck. It is a very big issue.

Well I got to rank 19 without any difficulty last season - I think I could have hit 20, but I just never have the patience for the grind, and you never know, maybe I couldn't have hit 20, it's just what I thought at the time.

Also I mean, the mulligans did completely screw me up some games. But truly it never felt like it was an issue for me.

edit. Also I get what you mean about other factions being a breath of fresh air, when I play some other decks there is virtually 0 chance of a terrible hand whatsoever - so playing my monsters deck can be infuriating by comparison, where terrible hands do happen. I'm only saying they didn't happen enough (at all) for me to consider it 'bad'.

Last edited:
I've got 6 cards in a monster swarm deck that I for sure hate to see in my draws.. but 8 out of 10 times it's not an issue..and the other 2 times I can work around it

Haven't used crones in a long time but when I did it wasn't enough for me to exclude them just on card pulls

TheShift;n10752631 said:
I've got 6 cards in a monster swarm deck that I for sure hate to see in my draws.. but 8 out of 10 times it's not an issue..and the other 2 times I can work around it

Haven't used crones in a long time but when I did it wasn't enough for me to exclude them just on card pulls

I started to record short clips for a video of a moonlight deck with 5 cards I didn't want to draw in it, I haven't put it together yet because I just lost interest and started playing other games. My point with the video was going to show how bad this mulligan thing is, I got 17 clips from around an hour of gameplay. Many of them were the game giving me back 2 moonlight cards I just mulliganed away. The others were me mulliganing them away and getting stuck with a Fogglet. Almost every single game left me with at least 1 dead card per game. That was simply frustrating and that's how these types of decks always play, I don't get this playing ST.

Moonlight is also ALWAYS in my starting hand, I'm sure weather cards and specials have a higher draw rate. It's so consistent that you can bet money on it. I played around with the deck using 30 cards then 35 with the same result. You are pretty much guaranteed a moonlight or 2 in your opening hand. The only thing that stopped this was adding 3 recons because they are specials as well.

I could go deeper into this topic but like I said I just lost interest in the game and am hoping that upcoming updates will address this issue. For me this mulligan thing was one of a few game breaking issues which caused me to stop playing.

Yeah it does seem like weather and those type of card effects do seem to jack things up more that anything

I used a weather heavy deck for a bit and got tired of getting stuck with the effect cards.

I also tried a moonlight deck as well and it brought back those frustrated feelings of the weather deck..so I just don't use either

new cards/ rotation is the lifeblood of many a CCG. Otherwise with a limited card pool it doesn't take long for a format to feel 'solved'/ samey with a limited no of top decks ruling the roost. There's a reason both HS and MtG introduce new cards every 3m and they have far larger card pools than Gwent to begin with.

I can't complain- I've got my money's worth with Gwent. However to maintain interest and keep people playing the game, new cards that bring about interesting interactions that challenge players are needed. Bronzes more so than golds- as evidenced by arena, bronzes define the archetypes. The longer it takes to deliver extra cards, the more players turn to other games in the interim, increasing the risk of the game petering out due to lack of players.

Last edited:

Guest 4226291

Bondonkadonk;n10751631 said:
Well, according to Burza they're looking into it currently, so if it's not a bug, it's certainly not working as intended.

It is working as intended but everyone hates it so they’re considering changing it. It’s not a bug. They have known about since they put it in the game. The don’t like the idea of deck shuffling, but in all honesty the deck should be shuffled after mulliganing.

EternalJxx;n10753381 said:
It is working as intended but everyone hates it so they’re considering changing it. It’s not a bug. They have known about since they put it in the game. The don’t like the idea of deck shuffling, but in all honesty the deck should be shuffled after mulliganing.

I run into this with every deck in every faction I play.
I agree, shuffle after every mulligan or any other scenario that puts cards in your deck unless it says put on top or bottom.
I also think they should have a NR card that shuffles your opponents deck.

StrykerxS77x;n10743641 said:
Is that really whats happening right now? I have to assume other players are thinking the same thing but just aren't making threads/posts about it. I know how to have patience but I still find this disappointing. I feel like the hype for the game is very very low right now. Streamers are making much less videos, devs aren't giving much information, this meta is exactly the same as last time because of no changes. I'm probably just going to take a bit of a break. Just wanted to put this thread out there since I don't think anyone else has yet.

For the same reason I have recently started playing real card games and believe me it is really interesting and there is a thrill.

Top Bottom