New Cards the Game Needs

+
New Cards the Game Needs

We know that there's a new update coming in August, and apparently 20 new cards are being added. This is the first big update since we entered open beta. I started to wonder what cards does the game need or lacks for it to be better. I would also like to see your opinions on this topic. I have a few suggestions as well:

ST:
- Silver and Gold cards for mulligan archetype.
- Another Bronze card for the movement archetype.
- More ambush cards.

NR:
- More Silver and Gold cards for machine archetype.
- More cards with crewman tag.
- Witch Hunters with trio ability.
- Silver and Gold cards for armor archetype.

NG:
- I'm not really sure what Nilfgaard needs honestly. Maybe a Bronze unit that revives cards from their own graveyard?

SK:
- A Bronze unit that clears weather from a row.
- Gold cards for the warcry archetype.

Monsters:
- More Wild Hunt cards.
- More Deathwish cards.
- More vampire cards.
- More insectoids.
- Spectral cards, like Noonwraith.

Neutral:
- More variety of potions and spells.

I think CDPR should build upon the already established archetypes and make them stronger instead of trying to introduce new ones. I hope to see Anna Henrietta and Dettlaff as leaders though, definitely.

OG.laloquaint;n9204841 said:
ST: - Silver and Gold cards for mulligan archetype. - Another Bronze card for the movement archetype. - More ambush cards.
I would also argue that an extra gold and silver or two for the control archetype would be appropriate. Basically I think just more variety for each of the existing archetypes is appropriate (which is pretty much the case for every faction). Some (mulligan, movement) need more help than others. But I am hoping there's at least one new bronze, silver and gold for most archetypes. It probably won't be that extensive, but that's what the game needs is more cards so that there is more than one way to optimize each archetype for each faction.

Rawls Yeah, I definitely agree. I think mulligan, warcry, and movement decks really lack that extra punch that most archetypes have. I hope CDPR comes up with new and interesting ideas because it's pretty hard to do so.

We know that there's a new update coming in August, and apparently 20 new cards are being added. This is the first big update since we entered open beta. I started to wonder what cards does the game need or lacks for it to be better. I would also like to see your opinions on this topic. I have a few suggestions as well:

ST:
- Silver and Gold cards for mulligan archetype.
- Another Bronze card for the movement archetype.
- More ambush cards.
Definitely on all these points. Mulligan probably only needs one gold, its in a decent spot, but in general ST golds feel underpowered.

NR:
- More Silver and Gold cards for machine archetype.
- More cards with crewman tag.
- Witch Hunters with trio ability.
- Silver and Gold cards for armor archetype.
Witch Hunters can be added later, when we are getting new archetypes to be honest. We also have quite a few crewmen, but machines definitely need some support but a buff to Stennis and Natalis might help (probably need a large rework, at least for Stennis though). Armour definitely needs more support.
NG:
- I'm not really sure what Nilfgaard needs honestly. Maybe a Bronze unit that revives cards from their own graveyard?
Oh sweet lord no. That's what Skellige does, don't give more to other factions. Personally, I think Nilfgaard needs a bit more that synergises with messing with your opponent's deck. Treason, Xarthisius and the Golem all seem out of place. Although if it ever got good that archetype might be really annoying. Maybe more mill cards?
SK:
- A Bronze unit that clears weather from a row.
- Gold cards for the warcry archetype.
I don't think SK really need to clear weather much, but it does seem odd they are the only faction that can't. Warcry is in a pretty decent spot, Wild Boar works pretty well with it, and I run Birna Bran (I think it's subtly OP in this meta). But I wouldn't hate one more gold card, the problem with the deck is usually that things get cleared before the Warcry, so something that stops that would be nice.
Monsters:
- More Wild Hunt cards.
- More Deathwish cards.
- More vampire cards.
- More insectoids.
- Spectral cards, like Noonwraith.
Wild hunt and Deathwish definitely. Most of the rest would be new archetypes, so could probably wait a bit. Consume needs no love, Swarm when its toned down, you might realise there's no real gold support in built to monsters for it.
Neutral:
- More variety of potions and spells.
I always think, counter the meta don't just nerf everything. My only trouble is that with only 20 cards, we probably need a lot more cards to get added, particularly with only 5 golds and silvers.

SkippyHole I ran out of steam in some of my suggestions lol. I'd figure Witch Hunters would go in a control deck, not exactly sure what their ability could be though.

Oh man, cards used in the war cry archetype should definitely have armor then. I think they would greatly benefit from that.

Thanks for taking your time to reply to all my suggestions. :)

I think the gameplay needs variety that will affect the predictability of decks and archetypes.

What i mean by that is, for example, now every Faction has 1 Mage. There should be at least 3 if not more Mages per Faction (obviously each Mage will have different tool set). The Clear weather Unit should be more than one, so they could also benefit other Faction archetypes.

Create cards that will diminish predictability, is what i'm saying.

I like some of the suggestions, but in my opinion they are not going to change things that much, just shuffle "viable" archetypes. I feel like it's the Leaders that is the biggest issue and they should be first in line for changes.
All Leaders have to be versatile!
Harald is too 1 dimentional, Broover Houg, Eredin too etc etc.
Foltest and Dagon are perfect examples of a true Leader. They are decent to great in any archetype or atleast most of their faction's archetype.
After balancing Leaders, only then can the new 20 cards get really very exciting

Tingsay;n9207371 said:
I like some of the suggestions, but in my opinion they are not going to change things that much, just shuffle "viable" archetypes. I feel like it's the Leaders that is the biggest issue and they should be first in line for changes.
All Leaders have to be versatile!
Harald is too 1 dimentional, Broover Houg, Eredin too etc etc.
Foltest and Dagon are perfect examples of a true Leader. They are decent to great in any archetype or atleast most of their faction's archetype.
After balancing Leaders, only then can the new 20 cards get really very exciting

I see what you are saying, but your examples are way off. Brouver is a perfect versatile leader, getting to play ANY silver from the deck? Why would you not want that? The only trouble is Eithne, who is also very versatile, is so versatile you'd never want to run anything else (although that has only been in this last patch). That pretty much sums up the problem - if every leader can be used in multiple decks, one is always going to be stronger than the other in any deck, and thus picked all the time. Dagon is the perfect example of this - so overpoweringly versatile that he is used in pretty much every monsters deck without fail, in every patch ever.

Foltest in my opinion is just bad leader design. You HAVE to play him turn one, without fail, to get the most value from him, and then he adds nothing to gameplay, and doesn't do anything in any deck. He's the opposite of too niche - too broad to the point of having no role whatsoever.

Top Bottom