Is it worth it buying 60 kegs?

+

Raunbjorn

Is it worth it buying 60 kegs?

So I'm a new player and I wanna get one competitive deck to climb the ladder with and I'm tempted to buy the 60 kegs to make the grind a bit more bearable but do you guys think it's "worth it"? I mean the odds of getting a gold you need are minimum but then you get the scraps at least. Basically I need 4 silvers and 3 golds to complete my deck. FYI it's the Eredin deck Oceanmud made (I thought I was first but apparently he already made it lol). I also wanna play Skellige and NG later on which makes a purchase even more interesting, still the price tag is a bit steep IMO.
Cheers.

Well, you can always grind casual for daily rewards and join the competitive later.
Atm we still have the same season as when the beta started, plus you can buy those kegs anytime.

Hydrahead;n9238091 said:
So I'm a new player and I wanna get one competitive deck to climb the ladder with and I'm tempted to buy the 60 kegs to make the grind a bit more bearable but do you guys think it's "worth it"? I mean the odds of getting a gold you need are minimum but then you get the scraps at least. Basically I need 4 silvers and 3 golds to complete my deck. FYI it's the Eredin deck Oceanmud made (I thought I was first but apparently he already made it lol). I also wanna play Skellige and NG later on which makes a purchase even more interesting, still the price tag is a bit steep IMO.
Cheers.
No, I don't think so. The 40 kegs would be fine though IMO. After that, you will have more than enough scraps and hopefully a few good cards to make a good deck. That will make the grind for unlocking kegs and scraps from leveling up and ranking up much more bearable. I think that is the wise decision and especially considering that there are several kegs and scraps you will unlock from leveling and ranking up.

*Edit* Keep in mind that as a new player, you won't be quite sure what good cards to keep outside of your short-term/immediate interest. I know I was one of those people as I started out. I think that is more reason to not break the bank completely by buying a bunch of kegs that have potentially great cards that you aren't aware yet that you will want and thus you pick another card(s).

Last edited:

Raunbjorn

4RM3D;n9238311 said:
Is buying 60 kegs worth it, the first time, to get a quick boost? Probably. You can check the approximate value of what you're getting by checking the stats in this thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...um-silver-gold

That thread just made me not wanting to buy any kegs lol. IMO the gold droprate is too low especially considering how many there are in the set. Btw I'm not a completely new player, I've played for a about 3 weeks and I've gotten 2 Isengrim: /. If the droprate was increased, say you are guaranteed a gold for every 15th keg I would buy a bunch of them with no hesitation though.

Last edited by a moderator:

partci

Forum veteran
RNG - for two days and like, 15 kegs, I've got like 6 Silver cards (2 of which Premium), but not a single Gold.

... and there was last whole week when I got like 3 Silvers and 1 Gold for 20 some kegs and TONS of useless Bronzes (like 12 Reaver Hunters, 5 Griffins, 5 Trebuchets etc.). I don't know what is with my personal RNG, but I get TONS of Reaver Hunters. Like - in every other keg.

I have a video where I opened my 60+ whatever I got for being in the closed beta which amounted close to 100 kegs. I only got 3 golds in all of it but I had enough cards to mill to make the decks I wanted and with playing to get to level 10 in casual earned enough kegs and scrap to further get the cards I wanted. I pretty much have all the cards for Skillege minus 1 Gold and 2 silvers.

Sigurd_3;n9238211 said:
No, I don't think so. The 40 kegs would be fine though IMO.

Fully agree. Its enough to make one good deck.

Dont mill any cards and wait for patch (when patch comes allways was 3 days for fullprise mill of changed cards).

If the discussion shifted towards 40 or 60, I'd say 60. Given the drop rates I remember, it might give you a better chance to get another gold.Plus, more scraps...

If you like the game, but don't have patience to grind for several days and know very well what deck you want to play, yes it's worth it. You should be able to get one viable deck out of it and that will help you to progress faster. But again: it helps to know what deck you are aiming for to get the most out of it.

Buying kegs with real life money is a depraved act, buying meterorite powder now and again to animate your fav cards is more reasonable imo.

But spending serious money on digital cards is not cool at all.

Wont you feel like garbage knowing you bought your entire deck?

Plus it takes away the great feeling of playing and saving scraps for the cards you really want.

It took me 2 months to reach lvl 18 and i never bought kegs.

Not like 60 kegs is gonna give him a full set. At best it'll help him get his first deck together. It helps a lot to get started. You'll still need to grind for any other deck you want.

That said, 60 kegs is about 5k scraps based on the drop-rate analysis. Meaning you could scrap them all and build any deck. I never scrap unless it's beyond the 3 though.

To be honest I was probably even worse xD I bought dust back when you could trade dust for scrap. Got myself all the golds I wanted at that point.

Raunbjorn

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n9244001 said:
Buying kegs with real life money is a depraved act, buying meterorite powder now and again to animate your fav cards is more reasonable imo.

But spending serious money on digital cards is not cool at all.

Wont you feel like garbage knowing you bought your entire deck?

Plus it takes away the great feeling of playing and saving scraps for the cards you really want.

It took me 2 months to reach lvl 18 and i never bought kegs.

Mate, I've been F2P in HS for years. I know how the grind feels like. It just happens so that I like Gwent a lot more and I don't think buying 60 kegs equals "spending serious money". And no I won't feel like garbage. In fact right now I'm happily facing and occasionally beating rank 15 Dagon decks with my Tier 3 Erederp starter deck. I'm not salty going up against all the expensive decks.
I get my kicks from achieving stuff in real life, not games.

And I don't really care about movie cards all I want is gameplay :)

I personally won't spend real money on card packs - If anything, I'll spend my money on adventures/missions, but not packs themselves.

xenogorgeous;n9252801 said:
wow ... you nailed it .... yeah that's comparison just resumes exactly how you feel when spending real money to boost your way through competitive Gwent .... kinda you can do it, but the conquest feeling it's not the same as building along the time your own deck, gaining games using only the daily rewards and scraps by playing the game

Exactly. Buying stuff you can earn freely in games is totally unethical imo.

xenogorgeous;n9252801 said:
wow ... you nailed it .... yeah that's comparison just resumes exactly how you feel when spending real money to boost your way through competitive Gwent .... kinda you can do it, but the conquest feeling it's not the same as building along the time your own deck, gaining games using only the daily rewards and scraps by playing the game

With 60 kegs you are going to get 3-5 gold cards minimum then you are going to get lots of cards that you didn't have before and on top of that if we take some low end dust value
for each keg you are going to have around 3k dust to craft what ever you want. This won't get you on top rank but it will help you enjoy game more because you will have ability
to make your own decks really quickly. People like me don't really care about this "conquest feeling" I want fun matches and to be competitive and in order to do so you need
some jump start to enjoy. That is how ccg games make money.

Hydrahead

Go for it I didn't have that luxury but trust me you will have a lot more fun since you will be able to craft multiple competitive decks with ease and learn them fast.
Some you won't like but even in that case you will learn a lot. Since gwent is generous ccg on top of your 60 you will get a lot more from ranked and then icing on
the cake is end season reward that are just massive.

When I started I milled leaders and lots of other stuff just to make do but even then it is chill. So even now I'm missing leaders and will craft them If i get desire.
Milling is bad idea so if you are not hurting for money and want to enjoy game to its fullest my advise is to take those kegs especially if you plan to play this
game for long time then it is no brainier.

I always saw buying stuffs in game as a grind irl vs grind ig. Obviously the latter is more fun, but sometimes it's worth spending a bit of cash to skip some of the ig grinding.

Top Bottom