Increasing problems

+
Increasing problems

Hey guys so before anything I would just like to make a point clear, I love our Devs and their team, their games have been most of my favorite and I have been enjoying Gwent like crazy since almost the beginning. Hence why I feel kind of bummed out lately since I feel it's not getting enough attention and problems seem to be arising. The last month I've been playing the same people, every 2-3 games it's another user I've already played and basically it got even more repetitive than before ( which it was already since we haven't gotten any new cards), that plus 5 min queues just to go against a level 70 golden rank swarm or consume deck makes the game unplayable sometimes. I love Gwent and I really hope it hasn't reached a point of no return, I've spoken with some members, players and I've been in many posts where this issues are latent, and I think the Devs could be doing a better work with this masterpiece.

There are a lot of problems tbh, even for an open beta. In the current state the game will never be popular enough to compete with other card games.

You don't even need skill , seeing the same decks over and over that are all easy to play. Ranked being a joke since everyone can get rank 18+ with a negative winrate.
The 20 new cards we'll get won't even fix this, depending on what the'll do in the august patch i'll stop playing. If i want an rng based game with almost no skill i'd just go to hearthstone for that. I thought gwent was different and it seemed that way until i started playing more.

The upcoming patch will be there point of no return imo, if they don't fix a lot of stuff it'll be the dealbreaker for the game.

I think Gwent it's still a very fresh and new card game, that has lots of potential to be, in future, one of the best card games ever .... people just need to cool down and have patience, and give developers time to analyze and improve the gameplay mechanics .... so judging a very recent game , still on beta development phase, it's kind of complicated, since it's unfair to compare Gwent with other well stabilished game cards in market as Heathstone and Magic The Gathering .... CD Project Red it's a incredible entreprise in the videogame business, that has a very good and creative team, and it's fully aware that Gwent has room for improvements and enhancements, so, I believe and have faith that Gwent will get better and better along the time, and I will keep playing and supporting this game always. ;)

This is silly that you can autopilot a game and win almost everything. Discard Skellige, for instance, you play the same cards as others and you always get to play all of your cards due to the discard mechanics and small deck size, which allows you to discard and play the discarded cards at the same time- it's just bullshit. And, of course, the pirate captains finisher, which is a 14 or 15 str bronze- it's just silly.

The problem is they prolonged the beta for way too much time, this game has to be in constant change to keep the customer base and attract new ones, as rctboy stated I don't think the new cards will make any difference, we should have at least 50 new cards by now, I really do love this game and it's just a shame watching it die slowly

Hopefully we get a patch before the Gamescom tournament and not after since the tournament begins at the end of August.

szpeniu;n9264291 said:
This is silly that you can autopilot a game and win almost everything. Discard Skellige, for instance, you play the same cards as others and you always get to play all of your cards due to the discard mechanics and small deck size, which allows you to discard and play the discarded cards at the same time- it's just bullshit. And, of course, the pirate captains finisher, which is a 14 or 15 str bronze- it's just silly.

Discard Skellige is not a problem. There is not a single faction which can't deal with it. In fact, I would rather play against Auto-Pilot decks than something that is less predictable.

Guest 4021160

Read the article. Tried to guess the content without opening. Nailed it.
1. problem problem. Gwent = hearthstone rant.
2. Rant do this or I quit.
3. But the game is still beta.
4. Dont give me that "game is still beta crap".
5. Patch is too late
6. Patch sucks.
7. Repeat until thread is in 2nd page of the forum.
8. Thread is dead long live the new thread.

Bubbles, I'll leave the 9 and 10 to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karolis thanks to people like you who rather sit down, keep quiet and enjoy the ride on the sinking ship is one of the reasons why this game is failing.

Guest 4021160

Mau_91;n9264851 said:
Karolis thanks to people like you who rather sit down, keep quiet and enjoy the ride on the sinking ship is one of the reasons why this game is failing.

Yes, to HELL with people like me.

Attachments

• 59858718932e1797908321.gif
    59858718932e1797908321.gif
    623.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with everyone here.
The way or how fast new content, fixes, patches, etc is delivered has not been good enough. However we all should be more constructive and also give solutions. If there is no acknologement whatsoever from CDPR just leave the game.
My small contribution:

1. Hire more people and provide more data in the forums. We understand that some things must be kept secret but providing some ETA will decrease unhappiness from us after all we are the CUSTOMERS.

2. It is not easy to insert cards considering balance, most of us understand that. But because there are no ETA (yes...again) on anything and how long something considerable has been inserted, 20 cards now sounds just not good enough. Many more cards are needed.

frbfree;n9264711 said:
Discard Skellige is not a problem. There is not a single faction which can't deal with it. In fact, I would rather play against Auto-Pilot decks than something that is less predictable.

Are you implying SK Discard isn't auto-pilot?

Restlessdingo32;n9265371 said:
Are you implying SK Discard isn't auto-pilot?

No. I think for the most part it is, which is why I love to play against it. I just don't see why other people are bothered by it. It's not unbeatable. People act like QG/Discard is the second coming of Henselt Gold Spam.

I agree with most people, the way CDPR has worked around patches has been pretty poor. The original plan seemed to be to get fewer cards out more often than competitors like Heartsone, but now they seem to be operating on around the same time scale (I'm fairly sure Open Beta came out just after N'goro, the next patch is probably coming just after the Frozen Throne thing), but still with the fewer cards. Yes, I get that CDPR is a much smaller company, and a more measured approach might be better than Hearthstone's ideas of just jamming in new cards, but there definitely needs to be a middle ground. The Balance patches don't really help either, with CDPR seeming to just swap numbers back and forth.

To say the game is already getting to the point of losing players, and not competing at this point is stupid though. It is still beta, and while the initial hype over the announcement is dying down (CDPR need to get the game properly released ASAP), the game is still going to generate a lot of hype. People said the same going in to Open Beta, and look at the hype that generated. The trouble is just that CDPR don't seem to want to share their plans, or what's going on in development. I get the feeling the multiplayer is really being slowed down by the single player, which is probably a bit too ambitious. We at least need a release date for the new patch, especially with new cards already being leaked, and that release date should not be affected by tournaments and stuff that only affects a small portion of the player base.

this is a FREE, OPEN BETA game... CDPR is taking their time to release it, yes, you can pay a lot of money if you want to, yes, but, to compare this to other well established game is a bit premature isn't it? I am at 4000ish MMR, and just randomly build a deck that I have not seen in rank/ online before and managed to win 3/4 of my ranked game. This game is now pretty well balanced. Net decking is an epidemic but that is the sign of the time, if anything, you know their deck list and can learn to play round it somehow. I will expect this game to give out new card / patches constantly when it is out of BETA, but for now, they are still tweaking things. They still haven't fix the whose grave yarn it is issue etc, so just go play heartstone for a bit and come back when this is out of beta if you are bored of it now. and by the way, not many people do causal play, so just try a practise match, find a friend to test it out and just take a dive into rank if you play the same guys over and over in causal. once you hit a wall, its not like you can lose your current rank

Guest 4021160

KingPegasus;n9266561 said:
this is a FREE, OPEN BETA game... CDPR is taking their time to release it, yes,
"dont give me that open beta crap" coming up. thank you very much.

frbfree;n9264711 said:

This is IMO a very good point. When you're playing against auto-pilots and know exactly what they're going to do, it's much easier to counter and/or block their strategy. You can even have some fun trying to come up with creative ways to do so. :D

Mau_91;n9263721 said:
The last month I've been playing the same people, every 2-3 games it's another user I've already played........that plus 5 min queues

Are you sure that your game is updated to the latest patch/hotfix? If it is updated, please contact to Support and let them know about those queue times (if you weren't exaggerating much with that 5 mins). When people have been facing same opponents over and over again, they usually didn't have the latest patch.

Top Bottom