Gold Units can now be Targeted by Spells and Effects

+
Yeah, report it for sure, but don't use the player's username publicly before hacking or cheating was confirmed. Maybe there was a mistake or a bug, and I would hate to blacken someone's name in front of the entire gwent community over a misunderstanding...

I'm new to the game and still very confused by the Demeritium cards that demote a Gold card. What is the point?
Is Dimeritium a legacy card (one that predates the Gold change) that needs to be improved or removed or is it actually there ONLY for the edge case of the 1 faction that can take advantage of it with one specific build?

If that's the case, why make a neutral card so very specific so early in the development of a game?
It just seems very a odd and confusing decision to me, either to include the card, or to not fix it.

I initially quit the game because i was sick of being stomped by unstoppable golds that made every other game feel hopeless. Untouchable golds were a serious issue that needed to be dealt with for the long term health of the game. Now people with smaller collections actually stand some kind of chance against whales who own every card, so I am quite glad about the gold card change and came back to retry the game after hearing about it. The unchanged demeritium shackles is a bit weird, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one, expecting it to be changed later. Just my 2 cents.

jcalton;n9497251 said:
I'm new to the game and still very confused by the Demeritium cards that demote a Gold card. What is the point?
It's a legacy card. Before this patch if you wanted to damage or interact in any way with a gold body on the board, you could do so only by demoting the unit. Also cards like D-Shackles were the only means to lock a gold unit.
Well, I believe they will probably remove the "demote" thing from the game, because as you stated, it doesn't make much sense anymore.

Noxdus;n9497361 said:
Now people with smaller collections actually stand some kind of chance against whales who own every card

I don't think CDPR has changed gold cards because of that. At least, I would hope not, because that's not a good reason to do so. You can only have 4 gold cards in a deck anyway. Besides, with all the kegs you can get and the refunds from the patch, it gives you plenty resources to create a competitive deck.

Theodrik;n9497891 said:
Well, I believe they will probably remove the "demote" thing from the game, because as you stated, it doesn't make much sense anymore.

Demote is still useful when you want to Decoy a gold or use another ability that doesn't work on gold cards.

Top Bottom