Loyalty to CD Projekt Red

+
Loyalty to CD Projekt Red

After watching the 10th anniversary of The Witcher video I do feel pretty good to support CD Projekt Red. Bought myself an other starter pack and got rewarded with a Ciri Dash ^^ I think I will even buy the new solo campaign even if you can buy it with in-game ore. Many companies step on my loyalty. I was Loyale to Blizzard but they changed. Ask for more and more money and offer lesser and lesser content. I liked EA but now they adding terrible season pass and DLC to almost every game they make. Sega cut away game content to sell them as a preorder bonus. Bethesda tries to grab money from the players who make mods for the players. Steam doesn't give a F..K about Half Life anymore. They earn enough as publisher, Why work on a game for the fans. And so many developers adding micro transaction in full price games, because why not...

But CD Projekt Red, when everyone disappoints the fans, they didn't. Greats game with so many synchronizations. More than 100 hours of gameplay in Witcher 3 and I still didn't see everything. DLCs are longer than many other full price games. You guys even give a way free copies of Witcher 1 and 2 for special events. You trust your fans and didn't smash anti piracy programs at us. Gwent is so damn generous. You get 1-3 packs per day. You can be greedy and let us grind but you choose an another way. Instead of simply make some cheap card, you are adding beautiful full animated premium cards. We even have tournaments to support the fan base with price money.

I don't know about you guys but I am willing to put my trust in CD Projekt Red. Fanboy talk indeed and I might get disappointed one day. But right now I really want to believe in a good company. In a world full of greedy corrupted companies and developers, I want to support some good people.

A toast to CD PR :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgqz8Je7P0s

yep man, CDPR just kick ass so much , the Witcher and Gwent games are awesome amazing, and I cannot wait for their new project Cyberpunk 2077 to come out ! Long live CDPR for making such fantastic games !

Long post ahead.

I jumped on the Witcher bandwagon fairly late. Witcher 3, to be precise. Being a PlayStation gamer mostly, with casually playing on PC, mostly older games, I never paid attention to Witcher as they were focused on PC/360. With the announcement of Witcher 3 I started paying attention to this incredibly high praise for CD Projekt Red. With the way the industry is now I figured fanboys were shilling hardcore.

I watched a trailer or two of Witcher 3 and it got my attention. The game ended up on my "to get" list but I wasn't really rushing to get it. By the time I was looking into gettig it, they announced the GOTY edition. So I decided to wait.

Fast forward a few months and I was browsing through some games online and saw the GOTY edition. So I ordered it. Thing was, it wasn't in stock and it would be quite some time before they get it back in. Since I already knew it was based on novels, I decided to use the time to catch up. Started reading novels, bought Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam (sorry guys) and started discovering this great world.

Witcher 3 finally arrived and having the GOTY edition which included all DLC, I decided to look up what exactly was included as DLC, besides the 2 major expansions. That was my "I get it" moment, when it came to CDPR praise.

A company investing so much in free quests, armor and items in today's gaming industry was a sight to behold. Things like that are usually behind a paywall of microtransactions. Not to mention 2 ACTUAL expansions. That fully got me on their bandwagon and REDs are now among my favorite developers.

I bought the Witcher 3: Game of the Year Edition for like 20 bucks on Xbox One lol. It became my favorite game ever. If I had known how good it was going to be, I would have happily paid more than that on the game. When I finished it, I knew that no other game would give me the same feeling as the Witcher 3 did.

applause!
This thread was much needed especially now, with people all over the forums attacking the devs. Not saying that people shouldn't complain about things in the game that bother them - if anything it seems to me that CDPR welcomes our input. Just that I'm really sick of seeing sarcastic 'gee, great job, CDPR' and the ungrateful 'we deserve more even though we haven't paid a penny' attitude flying around, when the devs are obviously working so hard (and yeah, sometimes making mistakes. How dare they be human!) to make this game amazing!
Hats off to PandaLin and a deep bow to CDPR!

I've been a huge fan of CD Project for a very long time. I think GOG is one of the few games distributors who get it. As a paying customer why should I have to jump through hoops that someone who pirated the game doesn't have to? Especially when the point of those hoops is to check I didn't pirate the game? I like that CDP respect me enough to know that if they make a good game, I'll buy it. Which is why I haven't bought a game on Steam in at least 10 years.

As for CDPR, they are probably my favourite game developers for much the same reason. Yeah, this patch as lots of faults, but I'm sure that they want to fix them. I know plenty of companies I wouldn't trust to even want that.

I was googling for "new rpgs in 2015" when i stepped on the Witcher 3.Little did i know that id fall in love with a world,other than the LOTR trilogy.I bought the GOTY physical edition for PC and i was super hyped.And then i bought the books,and duuude it was SOOOO worth it.I mean the only books i bought in my life so far were Tolkien's.I would love to get Witcher 2 enhanced physical copy but i couldnt wait ,so i just got its digital version.Im such a happy man having played the games,and read the 7 books so far.

Last edited:
Another thing. I appreciate good artwork. Being a huge Metal Gear Solid fan I always enjoyed Yoji Shinkawa's work on the series. That carried over into Witcher and the artwork there. Gwent continues that good work.

So here's to CDPR artists (not forgeting everyone else that works on the series). :cheers:

Top Bottom