How is gwent today?

+
Maerd yeah is true, I just talked out of tilt.

And since I'm here, what is the problem with coinflip that everyone is talking about?

masterf5;n9751831 said:
And since I'm here, what is the problem with coinflip that everyone is talking about?

Basically this: whoever loses the coinflip (goes first) is at a disadvantage due to having to start the first round. There are multiple threads on the subject scattered around the forum, for example here.

Last edited:
Overall the factions need strongly been re-biased. Some bronze "gold" cards and absurd card combo stackings (NG Spy i.e.) should be degraded, or give the other factions methods to bypass these "unique" techniques, so that the factions are equal again. The momentary state is all, except equal. Some factions have access to the graveyard units, others do not have. So countermeasures cannot be taken. I also dislike the momentary lock-functions, it's mainly a joke, once a locked unit enters the graveyard, voilà the lock is taken... so stupid.

And it is frustating to see very many players playing only with pre-configured and exactly milled decks, that look all the same. It's everything - but boring, so dull and boring. I thought, Gwent might be a creative game, where the player thinks for himself or herself...

TheShift;n9748611 said:
At this moment.. I feel the game is in a very good state.

I see plenty of diversity. Next week there's a new patch plus 20 new cards (total of 40) since open beta launch

its getting very interesting.

Agree with all of that. Played 3 games today and lost all of them ha ha They were level 18 players and i'm 32 so...there you go. I simply refuse to copy a Youtube players deck. I would say each faction only has one or two variations that can get you up the ladder. Fair play to the youtube guys though. they are obviously intelligent people.

masterf5;n9750891 said:
Fringilla vigo is op as hell. When are they nerfing that card ???

She doesn't see much play so I wouldn't expect a nerf. But maybe she gets changed, who knows.

I think it's one of these borderline cards: In some situations super strong, in many others not viable at all.

A lot of people complain about the lack of diversity in decks and that everyone plays almost the same cards etc. I'd like to say this: gwent is a very, very new game and thus its cards are really, really few. In every deck you make, you only have 400something cards to choose from, while in other, older card games you can make combinations of 2k cards. Also, in those other games, the meta consists of 5-6 decks that are absolutely unbeatable by anything else.
Here, unless you don't mind making a terrible deck, you will have to stick decks similar to the meta's ones. It's just the way it is for now and it couldn't be otherwise. I have to admit however that I do feel a bit sorry for those who copy a deck to the last card, unable to make a single change, unable to think for themselves to the slighest.

Fjormarr;n9753211 said:
A lot of people complain about the lack of diversity in decks and that everyone plays almost the same cards etc. I'd like to say this: gwent is a very, very new game and thus its cards are really, really few. In every deck you make, you only have 400something cards to choose from, while in other, older card games you can make combinations of 2k cards. Also, in those other games, the meta consists of 5-6 decks that are absolutely unbeatable by anything else.
Here, unless you don't mind making a terrible deck, you will have to stick decks similar to the meta's ones. It's just the way it is for now and it couldn't be otherwise. I have to admit however that I do feel a bit sorry for those who copy a deck to the last card, unable to make a single change, unable to think for themselves to the slighest.
Even in games with huge collection you'll see the same exact problem. It's a thing that is present in any and every (past, current and future) ccg and there is nothing you can do about it. There are a few decks that are better than the rest, and people will play those a lot. Since it's impossible to make every deck the same power level, there is nothing you can do about it.

People that complain about the lack of diversity should just give up the genre

P.S.: I see similar complaints even in pvp games like overwatch and paladins, where people complain about the current meta. People simply wants to play what's most effective, there is no escaping it.

Top Bottom