MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NILFGAARD)

+
ser2440;n9951931 said:
I picture Alchemy decks to pack 6 - 9 bronze alchemy cards, which is fair considering the other cards will be Viper School witchers and vicovaro novices. If it's 9 and 3 are Poultices, you can use Vicovaros 6 times to pull the other six alchemy cards in your deck. But yes that's true, there is no re-using in this case you need more. But that's not much of a problem, where an elven mercenary pulled one mahakam ale and a sage re-used it, you are simply going to pack 2 mahakam ales now to pull them both. Usual spelltael decks pack 2 Mahakam Ales, 2 Alzur's Thunders and 2 First Lights, you need 3 Mahakam Ales, 3 Poultices and 3 other Alchemy cards in the Alchemy deck instead. It's not really a problem, it's just different. Maybe a bit less flexible but that's it I think.

The main problem is that Viper School Witchers have a damage maximum. Aside from certain archetypes, you will rarely find units over 8 - 10 STR so after a point, your extra alchemy cards don't really change the damage they do. I think, at least. It depends on what the enemy lays down. Tibor and Impera Brigades are always viable targets. But I think the deck will still lose to Spelltael due to Quen.

Let's hope for other cards

(I agree with you about quen)

Last edited:
I'd guess that it moves the enemy to your side.
Probably the optimal use for it would be, to damage a usefull enemy down to 2 points with Enforcers and then steal it.

OG.laloquaint;n9958321 said:
What does Charm do?

Same mechanic as Muzzle.

-----------------------

First Slave Drivers and now Slave Hunters? Hmm...

Shilard sure seems like he's going to offer all kinds of (difficult) choices. I'll definitely give him a try.

Can't remember Slaves being a thing in the books, did I forget something, or do they appear in the games or are they created for Gwent?
Shilard seems really nice.

OG.laloquaint;n9958321 said:
What does Charm do? Move it to your side?

Likely, though I honestly the aren't many 3 strength Who are worth it. Anyway, I got the impression that in this patch Nilfgaard has received the worst cards:

- Cadaverine Venom is a Good silver and It Will probably have some sinergy with anche hypothetical Spellgaard. But The Archetype is still incomplete, so...

- Slave driver, slave Hunter, Shilvard: It seems like they want ti introduce some kind of..."mirror" archetype, when they probably should have focused more on already existing archetype (like reveal or Spellgaard)
Ps the truce guy could work well millgaard perhaps?

​​​​​- Viper School witcher: nothing to say, it's a Good card

- Vreemde: another card which will probably work better in the future

- Poultice: The best card IMHO

- Letho: Jan Natalis on steroids, definetely an intresting cards

- Yennefer: useful for Spellgaard

​​​​​

Bleach25;n9958661 said:
Anyway, I got the impression that in this patch Nilfgaard has received the worst cards

Far from it.

I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but Slave Hunter seems ridiculously OP. People have forgotten Black Infantry Arbalest - if you have any soldiers in hand, damage an enemy by 5. Combine these two cards and no engine unit is safe.

Viper School Witchers combo quite well with Trial of the Grasses. That could be a powerful finisher.

quantum_number;n9961121 said:
Far from it.

I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but Slave Hunter seems ridiculously OP. People have forgotten Black Infantry Arbalest - if you have any soldiers in hand, damage an enemy by 5. Combine these two cards and no engine unit is safe.

Viper School Witchers combo quite well with Trial of the Grasses. That could be a powerful finisher.

That's an interesting point you are making there

Trial of the grasses will become a staple of Alchemy Nilfgaard I wager :) I think my gold spread of that deck will be Vesemir, Cahir, Trial Of The Grasses and Letho: Kingslayer, with Calveit as the leader. Of course I don't yet know what the Usurper does :p so we'll see xD

Other than that, I think cadaverine venom is the only way to counter Spelltael with an alchemy deck. After your opponent finishes playing Dol Blathanna Protectors, use it to damage every enemy by 2 (every enemy is an elf so all of them) and then damage them with Viper School Witchers.

grssam;n9962091 said:
Is it me or Skellige just became super OP after yesterday's new reveal?

It's just you:).

On a serious note, i think we can't consider any faction OP before the full reveal and then some playtesting.
After all if we wanted to do that, we could say that about SK as soon as Geralt:Y came out:D

But why did you nerf Cahir? He was fine. Now you cant play him round 1 unless you get your leader killed first. i dont think that nerf was needed.

Happy to see the awesome Cook art coming to the game in a permanent form! Looks like I may be rebuilding my Soldiers deck.

Rot Tosser tutor, too? Not bad, not bad at all. (Yes, I do know NG have other Bronze Machines as well...)

:victory:

Top Bottom