Bear spamming must be dealt with

+
Bear spamming must be dealt with

It is no surprise these decks generate 120+ points in one round, mostly final one. Impossible to counter, the bear strength should be reduced by half so that other decks remain competitive.

Iuliandrei;n10051321 said:
Scorch, bears are generally 11 or 13 when resurrected.

When combined with Olaf and Ciri:Nova and 19028310 bears, you need at least 4 scorch.

edit: add Djenge Frett too.

Last edited:
This is the perfect example for "why testing thoroughly before release is a must". How in seven hells CDPR couldn't foresee the uncounterable Olaf, Ciri: Nova and 2918289 Bears combo? It's generating 80+ points every round even without Olaf and Ciri Nova.

Someone in CDPR definitely has a fetish for Skellige.

altaybek;n10052371 said:
This is the perfect example for "why testing thoroughly before release is a must". How in seven hells CDPR couldn't foresee the uncounterable Olaf, Ciri: Nova and 2918289 Bears combo? It's generating 80+ points every round even without Olaf and Ciri Nova.

Someone in CDPR definitely has a fetish for Skellige.

If you note a resemblance between greatsword card and a certain developer I think you 'll see where all that love is coming from:)

Maybe they tested and decided they wanted something hilarious so people sooner forget about the other disasters introduced in this patch.

nemirni;n10052791 said:
If you note a resemblance between greatsword card and a certain developer I think you 'll see where all that love is coming from:)

That was enlightening.

throbbing_gristle;n10052801 said:
'couldn't' or 'didn't want to'?

Hmm since they are definitely not dimwits, I think "didn't want to" would fit better. You are right.

Honestly I dont find any deck with consistency being the major problem. Bears CAN be dealt with, tho its obvious they really strong at this moment. As some have said the patch hasnt settled in yet and thats true, but just you wait till you get to the last card on the last round and have your opponent play an RNG card and win when you were 22 points ahead.
That is IMO the biggest problem that i really hope gets fixed asap. While I understand the devs wanted to make some cards highrisk-highreward, RNG effect shouldnt be that siggnifficant that you can just win the game by good RNG with your last card. Cards like Gaunter etc. are fine because for example in gaunterRNG you have to have a certain card in your deck to win. There is no sense that you can just pull out another scorch etc. while you can only have ONE of those cards in your deck at design.

RNG has nothing to do with deck building and just makes scenarios where you should have lost winnable which IMO shouldn't be the case in Gwent..

Last edited:
I just can't wrap my head around how did they not see this problem incoming from miles away.

partci;n10054271 said:
I just can't wrap my head around how did they not see this problem incoming from miles away.

I suspect Swim is involved in designing this. Day 1 and his Bear deck is all over the game.

Swim is playing Ciri: Dash with Eithne and trying to adjust his Alea'Tael deck, haven't seen him playing this. It was foretold even before the patch hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that not all can afford the entire collection at the start to test with. I for ex got only 17 bronzes 5 silvers and 1 leader from the latest cards out of 50 packs . The rest i have to craft.

And PTR lasted around 24h if i remember correctly so no room for experimenting.

So maybe there are counters to this archetype that will be found in the following days once the majority have access to a larger collection.

Maybe, but there are 2big problems with bears:
savage bear at 9points cant be muzled and bears from beastmater are cursed(why???) so maradeurs buff so high they counter frost so much that armorsmith is no longer required!
:mean:

From my experience, I think the problem lies on Olaf, and Ciri: Nova. Plus Restore.

Restore = 19 points, and you can repeat that with freyas. Please make restore just res any skellige unit, buff the resurrected unit by 2.
Ciri: Nova must be a 20-22 instead, 25 is too much because skellige decks can play well even on her requirement.
Olaf either becomes a 17-18, or his damage reduction is based on bears on board.

20 points gold without any board-requirement is wtf.... (Commander's Horn has 5 units requirement, Trial of the Grasses requires a Witcher)
Then there's a 25 points gold on top of it..... Which is playable any time, even on top-deck situation. Wow!
Not to mention their resurrection plays are superb at 13 points minimum, but can still spike to 20 points.

This new Ciri surely make Tibor cries... Look at what he always do just to reach 25 points.

Top Bottom