x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower Pro-Ladder Requirement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Pro-Ladder Requirement?

I wonder how many are actually in PL right now...It is so hard to climb normal rank without meta, and even with meta I guess it won't be easy.
    I'd like to propose let ppl with rank18 or above to enter the PL next season
    Yay
    30.77%
    Nay
    53.85%
    Other
    15.38%

Why?
    It's meant to be the access to professional eSport ultimately. And there is enough cannon fodder to make the queue times pleasant at the moment.

Originally posted by Vattier View Post
    [...]
    There are over 15 000 players in the Pro Ladder.
    [...]

Comment

On a side note, Lyserus, you seem to be having a bit of an obsession of getting into the pro-ladder based on this, this and this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4RM3D View Post
        On a side note, Lyserus, you seem to be having a bit of an obsession of getting into the pro-ladder based on this, this and this.
        you got me

I just want to enter PL so I don't see the metas decks all the time in normal rank

Comment

Like... everybody says how much calmer, diverse and fun it is in the PL. And yet the requirement to get there is ridiculous - grind with the meta deck(s) to no avail and than fade in obscurity, cause you can't play nothing else if you want to progress.

I think the RL needs more adjustment. I have no problems with not being in the PL, but game wise, both modes do look kinda ass backwards compared to one another.

Comment

I really mean no disrespect as I understand people have different goals. But it's hilarious how people complain how they can't get on a ladder designed for top players, only to play against players that are much better than the ones preventing them getting to the pro ladder in the first place. Is it an ego thing?

And partci is on to something. Kind of looks like the more laid back Pro ladder system should be the normal one, while the cutthroat ranked system at high MMR we have on the normal ladder should be reserved for the Pro ladder.

Comment

I'm playing the Pro Ladder and I can say that the queue time is annoyingly long.

Comment

Since there are no direct rewards, I believe keeping the req high insures that you're only seeing the best players on the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodrik View Post
                  I'm playing the Pro Ladder and I can say that the queue time is annoyingly long.
                  Maybe it's a timezone thing. There is hardly a case I wait longer than 15 seconds for a game. The matchmaking depends on fMMr as well I think.

Comment

TV_JayArr I believe you're right. I tried playing again today and it's as you said, no longer then 15 seconds. So I'm invalidating my complaint here

Comment

Working...
                    X